Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Definitely kinda messed up that that’s the name they want us to go with considering that Wrongslide is basically an insult at the fact that he came back wrong. Curious as to when he started to show higher functioning intelligence considering that any time we saw him before, he always seemed to be in a state where you couldn’t tell if he even had sentience. I do have to wonder if they’re gonna do something with him or find some way to bring back the original Rockslide. Given that he came back wrong, perhaps Santo’s original soul is out there. Maybe the Waiting Room could be the key to allowing them to both exist simultaneously.
    I think if they are interested in bringing him back the key will be the Siege Perilous in Knights of X.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was FANTASTIC.

Yeah, I can see The Protocols changing, but not way too much. I LOVE to see Storm just dominate the room and her conversation with Black Panther is a lot better than the previous issue. Someone please shut up Isca God she’s so annoying. Although, I’m not happy Magneto and Storm have been taken off the protocols ;-( Oh well.
    Magneto has come back plenty of times without the protocols. As for Storm, notice she hasn't died despite all they have been through. If the worst happens, they will end of up the waiting room.

oh and what i love love love is Ewing also shows in the real world death is meaningless too (not literal real life death but what it means to us in regards to the characters we love or hate). Or at least how the viewer sees it. Okay we know Storm and Magneto have no backups, it means a lot in universe but giving what we know the story is does it really matter to us. Especially since there is still a way, if they want it but given the context of the story for red to work they can't so it's a very subtle meta-ness in it. Do you care about Storm and Magneto more now knowing their situation? It upped their commitment to their cause but did it really elevate the story that they could die when the story is about them living to accomplish their goals.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-29-2022 at 09:06 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Magneto has come back plenty of times without the protocols. As for Storm, notice she hasn't died despite all they have been through. If the worst happens, they will end of up the waiting room.
    Yeah the they have to want it was also good as well because it explains why arrako mutants don't just end up there and it also means backups aren't really necessary anymore. I wonder who will be the first Arraki to want to live. I think theres so much story in that in red. How do others in the community react to that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Would they though? From how Magneto spoke, from him destroying his and Storm’s backup, there is no other backup for them and the only way that a new one could be made would be for them to either be backed up again from Cerebro or for them to enter the Waiting Room. So from the sounds of it, with the placing themselves on the level of the Arakki, if they die, it’s game over.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That art was on point with mangeto expressions. Did you see the pride on magneto face when he was like "Ororo is the queen of Sol." and the "Ororo would have a problem with that." Yaaaaaaaaaas this duo is just dynamic!

I think LAtuca didn't go for a reason. IT was very telling how her eyes kept being shown in the frame where magneto was talking. Almost like she wanted to be there to witness that moment. Also latuca was right, the meeting was pointless cause mutants already did they thing but like Storm said, good to know these things early.
    Yes! I absolutely loved the vibe emanating from Magneto as he spoke about Storm. They really are a powerhouse duo. I'm thrilled with Storm's role on the galactic front as I've always wanted the mutants to play in the bigger sandbox of the Marvel universe. I'm over the moon.

Ahh great point about Lactuca. As I look over the panels I see the intensity in her eyes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Opposing a resurrection that will prevent trillions of deaths in a civil war because it's "unethical" is the most absurd ethics I've seen in a long time, tbh. Good comic, even Xavier had a good moment for him.
    The Orb guy threatened war, but everything just thinking "who even is this?".

0h and i lowkey also love how Storm basically told bp, i know your secrets but i never asked about them. lol. She was dropping them secret project names like "yeah, i was just waiting for you to say something." it was handled perfectly and it was literally dealing with the story as presented not a hit piece.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh and what i love love love is Ewing also shows in the real world death is meaningless too (not literal real life death but what it means to us in regards to the characters we love or hate). Or at least how the viewer sees it. Okay we know Storm and Magneto have no backups, it means a lot in universe but giving what we know the story is does it really matter to us. Especially since there is still a way, if they want it but given the context of the story for red to work they can't so it's a very subtle meta-ness in it. Do you care about Storm and Magneto more now knowing their situation? It upped their commitment to their cause but did it really elevate the story that they could die when the story is about them living to accomplish their goals.
    If I’m being honest? Yea, it does make me care more about them. Magneto and Storm are on a hostile planet with more hostile threats out there that have forced resurrection numerous times. Sure Storm has managed to not have to yet, but Magneto has died multiple time in this era alone. So now they have to be even more careful since they don’t have any insurance in the event that the worst comes to pass. Plus, it shows quite a bit to their conviction that they completely have walked out of all of Eden’s protections.

Astonishing Member

Considering how the Shi’ar Imperial family keeps wrecking their neighbours crap; the prospect of another Shi’ar succession crisis or an immortal repeat of Vulcan is a geopolitical nightmare for anyone whose has the misfortune to actually neighbours the genocidal murderbirds

And no, this weeks Sabretooth has drained me of any hype for members of the Quiet Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Isca feels more and more unstable like any momment she will crack and go on a rampage throughout the entire planet.
    It's probably to be expected, given she lived with demons for thousands of years. Having to live among normal mutants again in a structured society is probably alien to her at this point.

I thought the issue was great. I'm really loving this book. Week after week it keeps me interested. Between it and Immortal, I'm very happy with the status of the X-Line. I just hope Judgement Day doesn't blow everything up.

Magneto making it so that Storm and him cant resurrect anymore and us knowing that Uranos and other eternals are coming to fight mutantkind...I really don't like the thoughts that I am having
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think Magneto and Storm will be more careful about the battles they choose...that's just not in their natures. Instead they will certainly fight tooth and nail or rather, iron and lightning, and do whatever it takes to win and stand the consequences thereafter, just like the Arakkii they champion.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Magneto making it so that Storm and him cant resurrect anymore and us knowing that Uranos and other eternals are coming to fight mutantkind...I really don't like the thoughts that I am having
    My thoughts are the opposite actually; if Storm and Magneto were still immortal; then Uranos, the Hex and the Watch would probably be defeated by some ‘people power’ moment by the Arakkii once the GR stood beaten. Instead Storm will probably defeat Uranos single handily, or hold him off for what appears to be his one hour time-limit (probably the limit to which Druig can firewall the Machine from Uranos’s superior access codes)

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    its a little weird that xandra dying was confirmed and fixed here and not in marauders, where that plot is actually happening.
    My guess is that we will see some version of the scene Storm narrates as happening happen in real time in Marauders #4, but we'll see.