Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    Im tired of sappy ass Mags waxing poetic about death. And then destroying Storms backup without consulting her? Cmon man.

I need Lodus to use his powers and create enough metal to make Magneto jolly as a pig in ****.
    storm was consukted they both agreed to its destruction.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, the line is building up to something serious in Judgement Day. Ewing here delivered it perfectly with many valid points, from both Magneto and the Galactic community. His characterization for Magneto is incredibly consistent, and precisely the mindset of someone reminded of his great loss with each resurrection. The lines about it being wrong for those who are deathless to rule the mortal and what he fears becoming if he had and endless life were my favorites. You could easily see a mutant dictator rise up and use the same justification for endless rule as Storm used here: "I don't need your permission to thrive. Hold that L."

Yeah, it was really well done and interesting to hear the arguments for a finite life span from several characters in the issue. Magneto is reminded of his permanent loss, and Wrongslide reminds Santos' friends of theirs.
    Dang i knew it but this hit me deep. This is Magneto in Xmen red in this era. He just won the seat of Loss last issue and this issue is telling us what his role is, what is loss and how he sees it. A very small thing but it makes the overall issue hit me much deeper. This issue is what Magneto occupies in his role as the seat of loss.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ewing did a fantastic job of tying recent events from Marauders, X-Men, Black Panther into his ongoing story. Add to that the fact that he brought back his own GotG threads along with the LONG OVERDUE return to Rockslide. All while continuing to develop the Arrakki.
    Yeah, it was a great issue. Very cool to see all those threads connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think Magneto and Storm will be more careful about the battles they choose...that's just not in their natures. Instead they will certainly fight tooth and nail or rather, iron and lightning, and do whatever it takes to win and stand the consequences thereafter, just like the Arakkii they champion.
    Indeed. I dig that they’re kind of joining the Arakkii in a tribal sense by this choice. As if they’re saying “what makes us different now?”

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I think Rockslide is going to join the team?
    Maybe, I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing Wrongslide on Arakko...I really hope Beto do convince him to join the Brotherhood.
    It would be cool. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wrongslide is developed as this new character, this twisted, sweet version that kicks around on Arakko. They could do a lot with that, for years. Maybe one day, Rockslide, through some weird time travel shenanigans or whatnot, will meet Wrongslide. It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This does make me increasingly interested in Judgment Day. A friend of mine was adamant that after it the X-men would largely peace-out of Earth and either just be on Mars or somewhere in space for the future after Judgment Day, and I thought it was silly. But after seeing some of Destiny's vision last week and this this week I'm starting to think its actually plausible. Maybe have a core of characters still on Earth or something, but mostly a space opera.
    I wouldn’t be surprised. Mutants having their own planet makes sense at this point. I like the idea that there would still be an X-Men team or two Earthside, for mutant outreach and to show the Avengers how it’s done every now and then.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I have to say I really like that the books are crossing over with their stories

Finally something good from the X-office, though i wonder if the talk of death is a prelude to what is to come in Judgement, i mean they are hinting that the Five are going to be assassinated by the Eternals.

Also random thought, can Issca by virtue of her powers defeat NIMROD?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Finally something good from the X-office, though i wonder if the talk of death is a prelude to what is to come in Judgement, i mean they are hinting that the Five are going to be assassinated by the Eternals.

Probably yes, unless Nimrod says something like "I bet you'd win this fight" .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

This was another strong issue. I agree the emphasis on death and resurrection seems foreshadowing. The Judgement Day promos are hinting Thanos’ uncle will wipe out Mars / Arrako.

The scene between Roberto and Wrongslide called to
    mind an old New Mutants issue where he and Sam talked by a lake; the night that Warlock appeared. I haven’t been this happy with an X-title in decades. The characters all just feel right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    right she has every right to be bossy and pretentious. it suits her well.

that said with how they viewed krakoans and how ororo has been accepted among the arrakkii i wonder if isca feels threatened by storm in any way.
    I don’t even see it as her having the right to be pretentious. It feels like the personality most people would have if they knew they’d always win lol. If you knew no matter what you’d never face any real consequences for your actions and always land on your feet, I imagine everything would come off as a game. It’s hilarious to see her revel in her invulnerability lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t even see it as her having the right to be pretentious. It feels like the personality most people would have if they knew they’d always win lol. If you knew no matter what you’d never face any real consequences for your actions and always land on your feet, I imagine everything would come off as a game. It’s hilarious to see her revel in her invulnerability lol.
    Yep! Heck I think even Ewing touched up on this in issue #1 ao feel like there was a data page that said that because of the nature of Isca's powers it made her extremely calloused to...well everything. The only person she really cares about is her sister Genesis.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I NEED to read Marauders!!!

Good work from Ewing as usual. Too bad he's getting dragged into ANOTHER crossover event. Good grief.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Honestly, the "we now don't have a backup and could die for real" actually make me worry LESS about Magneto and Storm lives. I think now there would be likely no situations where they could die. With Magneto I could imagine him dying in some badass fight or as a heroic sacrifice. But Storm? She is Marvel's most popular black female character, so it is unlikely they would kill her for real.

Also, if Magneto wants Anya back so desperately, then why can't he just ask the Five to create empty female husk and then ask Magik to travel in time, save Anya from fire, and replace her with husk to preserve the timeline? Seems like a better solution than brooding around in depression.

This issue was AMAZING! Glad it was well received by the fandom. I think Ewing knock it out of the park addressing some critical points across the X-verse + the overall impact to the MU. Storm + Magneto = perfection on the page. I liked the art but not gonna lie…I still miss Casselli. Either way - Excellent characterization, looks like Santo (and maybe Khora) will join the B-Hood, and this book really feels like its a driving for e in tje X-line. I am here for it! 10/10

Looking forward to some panel. Time on what Cable, Manifold & TB are doing, and some more Storm, Magneto & Sunspot.

Great issue! And good to see Nova again.

Great issue. Safe to say Ewing is reading every X book lol

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Maybe, but it's possible that due to her powers she simply ends up joining him.