Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Is Destiny more Omega then the Idyll? She predicted an attack while Idyll hasn't seen it yet?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t even see it as her having the right to be pretentious. It feels like the personality most people would have if they knew they’d always win lol. If you knew no matter what you’d never face any real consequences for your actions and always land on your feet, I imagine everything would come off as a game. It’s hilarious to see her revel in her invulnerability lol.
    Agreed.
    And why Beto manipulating her the way he did was satisfying. No one had ever used her power against her before so she learned a thing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is Destiny more Omega then the Idyll? She predicted an attack while Idyll hasn't seen it yet?
    I think idyl has she simply wants it all to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I think idyl has she simply wants it all to play out.
    Aye, Idyll is all like "if we die, we deserve to die". Planet Mars was a barren desert world until they filled the Oceans with Apocalype's Kool Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    Great issue. Safe to say Ewing is reading every X book lol
    It's great that they meet virtually regularly so they can build their stories around each other's work. I love the cohesion between the titles.

Regarding Isca, I also feel that a small part of her hard exterior is a coping mechanism for her powers. They forced her to betray her family and she'll never really know what side she'll end up on in a war. We know the mutants are preparing for impending war and she can prepare as well, but at what point will her powers know which side is going to win, you know? It must be unsettling to some degree.

All I know is that if I were a mutant on Arakko and the Eternals are speeding straight for us, the first thing I would do is look at Isca. LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Some are forgetting that Isca is an expert swordsman and fighter. While her powers may dictate who wins and who loses...she can and will happily kill as many of her opponents as she can.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Xavier's words have got me wondering when he says 'Sinister construct this DNA sequence at once' does that mean Sinister crafts the genome for any given mutant himself and doesn't need original material? I was under the impression he had tissue samples and actual material as templates that he works with..isn't this risky? Like we're dealing with Sinister here ,guy can code backdoor access for himself into anyone this way. Though even with existing material in his database he can still get nefarious I'm sure. No wonder Empire of the Red Diamond is a possible reality.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Xavier's words have got me wondering when he says 'Sinister construct this DNA sequence at once' does that mean Sinister crafts the genome for any given mutant himself and doesn't need original material? I was under the impression he had tissue samples and actual material as templates that he works with..isn't this risky? Like we're dealing with Sinister here ,guy can code backdoor access for himself into anyone this way. Though even with existing material in his database he can still get nefarious I'm sure. No wonder Empire of the Red Diamond is a possible reality.
    Yes, that's the threat. Xandra sent her genetic code across space and time.

I would think both.

He most certainly has a data bank of genetic material for the existing mutants but, given he's the forefather of Chimaera he also creates his own genetic material as needed. It's how Maddie was created.

Giving Sinister that much leeway and power over mutants has been an underlying issue since HoX/Pox. Nobody really trusts him but they do recognise his value and expertise and are willing to put up with just so much for the greater good, despite the risks.

Gillen might be bringing that not-do-blind trust to a head in his IXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would think both.

He most certainly has a data bank of genetic material for the existing mutants but, given he's the forefather of Chimaera he also creates his own genetic material as needed. It's how Maddie was created.

Giving Sinister that much leeway and power over mutants has been an underlying issue since HoX/Pox. Nobody really trusts him but they do recognise his value and expertise and are willing to put up with just so much for the greater good, despite the risks.

Gillen might be bringing that not-do-blind trust to a head in his IXM.
    And what a ride Gillen has given us already in just three issues. The future is looking bright. *cheers*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

While I'm not particularly enjoying the journey...I'm most certainly looking forward to the destination if it leads to Diamond Sinister's ultimate demise and complete eradication. (Now that Club Sinister is on scene)

The only thing that I'll say that I didn't like was Magneto making this notion of non mutants sitting on the Arrako council nope nope nope this is not for everyone this is a mutant thing thank you

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The only thing that I'll say that I didn't like was Magneto making this notion of non mutants sitting on the Arrako council nope nope nope this is not for everyone this is a mutant thing thank you
    Ah just have Sinister or Hank splice an X-gene into them. That's apparently enough to qualify for Quiet Council membership.

Huh makes you wonder if when Red Skull merged with Professor X it activated his X-gene. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Ah just have Sinister or Hank splice an X-gene into them. That's apparently enough to qualify for Quiet Council membership.

Huh makes you wonder if when Red Skull merged with Professor X it activated his X-gene. Interesting.
    Hey now, I wonder if "Red Skull with Xavier's brain" is backed into Cerebro lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey now, I wonder if "Red Skull with Xavier's brain" is backed into Cerebro lol.
    Captain America walks into the second Hellfire Gala. A familiar voice begins speaking behind him "Ah, Captain Rogers. How good to see you again." Turns around, see's Red Skull waving at him from the bar with a shirt on saying "Is legally now a mutant. Please do not punch, kick, or shoot." He turns to face Scott "What in sam hell is that?" "We don't like to talk about it. Also try not to thin any secrets around him, he's a telepath now" "YOU MADE HIM WORSE?!"