Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Magneto and Storm have flipped the script and are major badasses. Willing to sacrifice their immortality to solidify their places on the Great Ring. "If we are to defend Arakko, we must be of Arakko." Ewing is hitting it out of the park.
    This book is exploring themes of Savior-ism in a really interesting way -- how do you help a community that you're not really part of? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That art was on point with mangeto expressions. Did you see the pride on magneto face when he was like "Ororo is the queen of Sol." and the "Ororo would have a problem with that." Yaaaaaaaaaas this duo is just dynamic!

I think LAtuca didn't go for a reason. IT was very telling how her eyes kept being shown in the frame where magneto was talking. Almost like she wanted to be there to witness that moment. Also latuca was right, the meeting was pointless cause mutants already did they thing but like Storm said, good to know these things early.
    Lactuca is sooo smart... like she realized that all those people were wasting their time and were going to get dunked on by storm with no mercy.

Isca is still a dark horse, it's very evident war will come from her genesis and apocalypse will have something to do with it, but that's for later issues. Her characterization her is for a reason. She is slipping she is becoming complacent, she even kinda was losing the verbal sparring match with ora and lodus.

Also ORA IS MOTHER AND THEN SOME! I wish lodus doesnt die.

The arakki great ring is sooo perfect, mich better than the qc sorry emma (I love you) they feel like they are actually in charge and they know what they are about.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Lactuca is sooo smart... like she realized that all those people were wasting their time and were going to get dunked on by storm with no mercy.

Isca is still a dark horse, it's very evident war will come from her genesis and apocalypse will have something to do with it, but that's for later issues. Her characterization her is for a reason. She is slipping she is becoming complacent, she even kinda was losing the verbal sparring match with ora and lodus.

Also ORA IS MOTHER AND THEN SOME! I wish lodus doesnt die.

The arakki great ring is sooo perfect, mich better than the qc sorry emma (I love you) they feel like they are actually in charge and they know what they are about.
    Yeah this was my exact thought. I know it’s cool to have Storm on both but I really wouldn’t be mad if she ditched the QC. It just seems like she’s handling bigger and better things on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Were they good arguments? Pretty much everyone else in the room was like, "Oh no, a massive intergalactic war is going to break out that will probably lead to a bunch of death and suffering," and then one person was like, "That's the bed you made, guess we all going to war."
    Okay, so somehow I forgot about that angle and was thinking more about the point of her resurrection wouldn't solve the problems with the empire and the possibility having one person rule an empire forever, should've waited a bit longer to post to properly digest what I read, I'll take that L.

Still find it odd how that one guy was quiet after Storm made that point though, he's so against Xandra coming back that he'd rather have a war as a way of fixing everything, I'd assume he'd oppose it a bit more, but then again, maybe nothing else could be done with Xandra already resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Definitely kinda messed up that that’s the name they want us to go with considering that Wrongslide is basically an insult at the fact that he came back wrong. Curious as to when he started to show higher functioning intelligence considering that any time we saw him before, he always seemed to be in a state where you couldn’t tell if he even had sentience. I do have to wonder if they’re gonna do something with him or find some way to bring back the original Rockslide. Given that he came back wrong, perhaps Santo’s original soul is out there. Maybe the Waiting Room could be the key to allowing them to both exist simultaneously.
    Honestly, it'd be more surprising if Waiting Room can't bring him back considering it got every mutant ever, it'd be pretty odd if he was an arbitrary exception just because of the place he died in.

Then again, it's already weird his death changed up Cerebro's backups to begin with, so hey...

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Magneto has come back plenty of times without the protocols. As for Storm, notice she hasn't died despite all they have been through. If the worst happens, they will end of up the waiting room.
    Magneto points out that people only come back from the Waiting Room if they want to, so he's essentially saying that if he and Storm die, they'll die for good.

Obviously that won't be the case, but the point he's making here is that, at least for now, him and Storm are denying the immortality Krakoa got.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Okay, so somehow I forgot about that angle and was thinking more about the point of her resurrection wouldn't solve the problems with the empire and the possibility having one person rule an empire forever, should've waited a bit longer to post to properly digest what I read, I'll take that L.

Still find it odd how that one guy was quiet after Storm made that point though, he's so against Xandra coming back that he'd rather have a war as a way of fixing everything, I'd assume he'd oppose it a bit more, but then again, maybe nothing else could be done with Xandra already resurrected.

Honestly, it'd be more surprising if Waiting Room can't bring him back considering it got every mutant ever, it'd be pretty odd if he was an arbitrary exception just because of the place he died in.

Then again, it's already weird his death changed up Cerebro's backups to begin with, so hey...

Magneto points out that people only come back from the Waiting Room if they want to, so he's essentially saying that if he and Storm die, they'll die for good.

Obviously that won't be the case, but the point he's making here is that, at least for now, him and Storm are denying the immortality Krakoa got.
    The Waiting Room is magical in nature and Otherworld is also magic. So, I guess that it makes sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Well, if they were to die by combat over their positions, even if they came back they would still have lost those seats under Arrako's law because Arrako had no historic provisions for resurrection.

Now let's see how the Arraki feel after a lot of people get killed by the Eternals. Storm and Magneto of course wanted to say that were leveling the playing field with their fellow Arraki.

Considering how much butt Storm has kicked on Arrako to be the Regent, I'd say she has nothing to worry about. Ditto Magneto. Just because they destroyed their backups doesn't mean they plan on going anywhere. It was a good gesture in solidarity.

And I think one reason why Magneto did it is because he found out Anya is not in the waiting room because she is not a latent mutant and can't come back. Storm is like all Gloria Gainor I will survive I don't need no backup. LOL

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Lol Magneto ha confirmed that Forge is a Omega Lvl Mutant!!!! So, sayeth Magneto.

C0B5AD9B-4F6C-4FAD-83DB-C44DB50BBC4C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Lol Magneto ha confirmed that Forge is a Omega Lvl Mutant!!!! So, sayeth Magneto.

They also said that Magneto is "the most powerful telepath in the universe". I think that they are just being dramatic.

He’s actually Omega in wearing short-shorts.

Astonishing Member

So, this was an all around excellent issue, I do have to nitpick slightly. Magneto’s talk about souls is all kind of nonsense considering all the issues his kids and grandkids have had starring souls, a decent chunk he was personally there for.

Astonishing Member

Gonna be real awkward when those machines keep managing to be credible threats then

Heading out but just needed to say, obviously the only thing missing from this issue was hellion. ^_____^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The Forge thing sounds like that time Emma Frost was mistakenly referred to as an omega telepath in that issue of Wolverine. They fixed that in the digital print. They might do the same here.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well, if they were to die by combat over their positions, even if they came back they would still have lost those seats under Arrako's law because Arrako had no historic provisions for resurrection
    They did have resurrections before, the fact they say that if you resurrect you can't get your seat back and specifically point out "So it has always been. These are questions as old as the White Sword's army of the risen dead.", and in the next paragraph points out there is precedent:

Too bad such info comes from an info dump page, but hey...

Anyways, Storm and Magneto likely know that even if they resurrect, they won't get their seats back, but again, Magneto said that they must be of Arakko if they want to defend it, so point is they'll accept the consequence of "properly" being rulers of Arakko by being equals when it comes to death;

Now let's see how the Arraki feel after a lot of people get killed by the Eternals. Storm and Magneto of course wanted to say that were leveling the playing field with their fellow Arraki.
    They'll probably accept it, Arakko seems like they have this "Survival is your responsibility" mentality, if they die, they're fine with it, because they weren't strong enough to live.

And I think one reason why Magneto did it is because he found out Anya is not in the waiting room because she is not a latent mutant and can't come back. Storm is like all Gloria Gainor I will survive I don't need no backup. LOL
    Magneto is pretty depressed, so yeah, wouldn't be that unlikely of a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Heading out but just needed to say, obviously the only thing missing from this issue was hellion. ^_____^
    Somewhere, Rift is smiling .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Strange we were given no reason why Isca killed Sunspot.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================