Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

They'd be smart to let him do just about anything. As much as I am enjoying his Avengers run, I think he'd be best suited to a book/concept that is less known or defined. Something like Secret Warriors, where he's free to do almost anything he wants.

Imperial Guard certainly seems up his alley.

Now that there has been a White Event in the 616, perhaps a revival of other New Universe/newuniversal concepts like DP7 or Spitfire.

I think he could probably come up with a cool lineup and concept for Thunderbolts. Give him some lesser known villains that he can define and who could be killed off without major disruptions to other books/characters. I think that'd have real potential.

Whatever it may be, I'll be on board.

BANNED

I'd kill for a long Hickman run on Guardians of the Galaxy. Renumber that thing too so we can all forget the terrible out-of-character accidental retcon nonsense of the Bendis era.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    They'd be smart to let him do just about anything. As much as I am enjoying his Avengers run, I think he'd be best suited to a book/concept that is less known or defined. Something like Secret Warriors, where he's free to do almost anything he wants.

Imperial Guard certainly seems up his alley.

Now that there has been a White Event in the 616, perhaps a revival of other New Universe/newuniversal concepts like DP7 or Spitfire.

I think he could probably come up with a cool lineup and concept for Thunderbolts. Give him some lesser known villains that he can define and who could be killed off without major disruptions to other books/characters. I think that'd have real potential.

Whatever it may be, I'll be on board.
    See, I was just re-reading that and had a similar thought.

Given the recent (and delayed) success of the Agents of SHIELD story, the success of the Hawkeye and Black Widow solos, and the new-found public desire for Winter Soldier stories. I would think a team-up story with "top-secret SHIELD agents" would be good.

Bucky, Clint, and Natasha would be an interesting dynamic because of the "love triangle". You could add a few mortal humans with powers to fill up the team. Micheal the Necromancer for magic, and maybe a Young Avenger for the idiot/power factor. Have Nick show up a lot and I would definitely read it. Only people with top level clearance would even know about the existence of the threats they fight much less their existence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    I'd kill for a long Hickman run on Guardians of the Galaxy. Renumber that thing too so we can all forget the terrible out-of-character accidental retcon nonsense of the Bendis era.
    Agreed 100%.

BANNED

Yah. I think we all figured out what he is going to do now. He has way higher aspirations than writing comics. He just wrote the last episode of Devinchi's Demons. Clearly he is going to write for television and maybe write for a few movies. Same like Damon Lindelof and Goyer and Brian K. Vaughn

Didn't him and Fraction start writing for that show last year?

Astonishing Member

I would love to see him write Captain Marvel, as well as an Angela solo series. It would seem that Jon Hickman has done way too much into his run on the Avengers that he's starting to burn out mentally.