Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    I think he might be a good fit on a Defenders book. It would, certainly, be interesting to see his take on them.
    Failing that, GOTG.
    His Guardians could be fun.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

He'd work on X-Men.

I left off where he had many ideas for the Avengers and would be on the books for more than 3? years... guess not.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Hopefully marvel gives in and finally approves his micronauts pitch.
    This sounds really interesting, but does Marvel still have the rights to Micronauts outside of the characters they created for the series?

Invincible Member

I think a Hickman Dr Strange could be fun as well.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think a Hickman Dr Strange could be fun as well.
    I was thinking about Strange, but what little I've read in NA, he has not really been a major player (I stopped after issue 3.) That said, Hickman does have a way with mythology, magic and science so it could possibly work.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    I'd like to see what he'd do with Thor or Iron Man.
    Iron Man would definitely be interesting. He's a character I think Hickman could really dissect and stay focused on, while also playing with the tech and high concept side of things.

He did some great things with Ultimate Thor, and the seeing him on 616 might be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did something much smaller in scope, and more personal - just as a change of pace from what he has done in the past, and following up the Avengers which has been huge in scope.
    That's kind of what I'm feeling, too. FF had a lot of emotion in it, but Avengers has kind of made him look like a one-trick pony to some and has dragged his F4 into that reputation. I think a return to the smaller - though still meticulously planned - feeling of Secret Warriors would be refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah, but I don't think he has a thing for DC editors haha.

It would be cool though if he came over to revamp the Legion.
    I think Legion is kind of his dream book. I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    He's expressed a lot of interest in writing an Imperial Guards or Squadron Supreme book. Apparently, he pitches it all the time. Even though his Gladiator has thus far been extremely bland and meek, I'd love to see what he could do with the Imperial Guards.
    Oh man, Squadron Supreme would be awesome. He could make it a more personal version of his Avengers run. Less focused on the huge stuff, more about the characters. I've really liked the Hyperion moments in Avengers so far, so it'd be a great fit for him, I think.

I'd like to see him take a shot at the X-Men as well. Anyone's better than Bendis or Aaron.
    I'm just curious to know what a Hickman X-Book would look like. Would be very different than the normal X-Book, I feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I was thinking about Strange, but what little I've read in NA, he has not really been a major player (I stopped after issue 3.) That said, Hickman does have a way with mythology, magic and science so it could possibly work.
    He's done more recently, especially in the 2-issue arc with Simone Bianchi on art. There was some really, really cool stuff in there.

I'd love to see Hickman on an X-book, considering I'm not reading any due to not liking any of the current writers for them.

I'd love to see Hickman take over Guardians or get an Imperial Guard book. Just the potential scope of what he could do with that has me thrilled.

Outside of that, I think it would be interesting to see what he could do on X-Men but Bendis will still be there running the overall story.

If he was to write a solo book I'd think Iron Man, Black Panther, and Doom would be up his alley. Possibly Strange as well.

BANNED

There's tons of Marvel books I'd like to see A-game Hickman on, but to be honest, he's got too much on his plate, and his Marvel work has suffered for it.

I could see Hickman doing a Brubaker and only doing creator owned books as well as TV. I read somewhere that he's going to be a producer on his Pax Romana TV series. Not sure what that entails, but it's yet another thing added to his workload.

Ultimate Member

I would love him on Thor.

I think he'd be good on a Black Panther book. It's about time Panther has gotten some solo love. Hickman seems to get the character more then most.

Or I'd throw him back on F4. His writing actually got me to buy a F4 book for the first time since I tried to be a Civil War completist.

Extraordinary Member

It could turn out really well. Whilst I'm not a fan of his work to date, I still hope to read his work.
    I think he'd be good on spiderman, a unique version. I would love to see that.
    Another option is tackling Iron Man, with his love for science, this makes perfect sense.

I like the idea of him back in the Ultimate Universe or in the JMS Supreme Power universe. Probably to small of titles for him now but a man can dream.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member

Hickman did an AMA on reddit a few days ago and said that once his time on Avengers ends, which is in May, he is done with Marvel for the time being.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...est_series_in/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Probably to small of titles for him now but a man can dream.
    SHIELD sells terrible but Hickman seems to love it.

I would love to see the Supreme Power or Ultimate Universe with Hickman again. I still hope Joshua Hale Fialkov will utilize Supreme Power with UFF.