Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    There's tons of Marvel books I'd like to see A-game Hickman on, but to be honest, he's got too much on his plate, and his Marvel work has suffered for it.

I could see Hickman doing a Brubaker and only doing creator owned books as well as TV. I read somewhere that he's going to be a producer on his Pax Romana TV series. Not sure what that entails, but it's yet another thing added to his workload.
    Once the 2-3x monthly Avengers is off his plate, how much does he really have left?

Manhattan Projects
    East of West
    God is Dead (from what I understand, Costa carries more of the workload than Hickman)
    Secret (FAR from monthly)
    SHIELD (as far as I know, there is 1 issue left, and it's already scripted)

So really, he's only got 2 full-on monthly books at the moment, plus whatever smaller Image projects he may do in the future (things like Feel Better Now, which seems like it'll never make it to us). I think that a smaller workload would definitely help, as Avengers has noticeably taken a hit at times due to all of his other projects, but there's definitely room for more.

Spectacular Member

Hickman is no longer on God is Dead and Secret is over.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Hickman did an AMA on reddit a few days ago and said that once his time on Avengers ends, which is in May, he is done with Marvel for the time being.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...est_series_in/
    Well that's disappointing.

Hickman is no longer on God is Dead and Secret is over.
    Well that answers that, then. I didn't realize Secret was going to be a miniseries - or was that a later change?

Isn't Syfy turning Hickman's Pax Romana into a series?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52503

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Well that answers that, then. I didn't realize Secret was going to be a miniseries - or was that a later change?
    Secret was originally supposed to be 15-20 issues, but Bodenheim is an insanely slow artist, so it was delayed and delayed and then it was "cancelled", but then things got going again and Hickman finished it in five more issues. While 7 doesn't say it's the end, the plot has been wrapped up. I guess it could continue later, but it's my least favorite thing Hickman has ever done (I don't count God is Dead because there is no way Hickman actually wrote any of that).

I'd happily see a Black Panther solo, or have him on Iron Man (he gets uber genius characters). Would NOT want to see him on an X-comics though (his style is wrong for those comics)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    He did some great things with Ultimate Thor, and the seeing him on 616 might be cool too.

That's kind of what I'm feeling, too. FF had a lot of emotion in it, but Avengers has kind of made him look like a one-trick pony to some and has dragged his F4 into that reputation. I think a return to the smaller - though still meticulously planned - feeling of Secret Warriors would be refreshing.

He's done more recently, especially in the 2-issue arc with Simone Bianchi on art. There was some really, really cool stuff in there.
    Yeah, his Ultimate Thor was very interesting (esp. in Ultimates before villain kicked him down a few pegs.)

Strange? Ah, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    There's tons of Marvel books I'd like to see A-game Hickman on, but to be honest, he's got too much on his plate, and his Marvel work has suffered for it.

I could see Hickman doing a Brubaker and only doing creator owned books as well as TV. I read somewhere that he's going to be a producer on his Pax Romana TV series. Not sure what that entails, but it's yet another thing added to his workload.
    I agree. He seems to be doing an awful lot right now.

I can definitely see him doing a Brubaker too. He wrote a script for Da Vinci's Demons this season (I haven't seen that episode, but I did see Matt Fractions' which was only the second episode I've enjoyed.)

Hickman did an AMA on reddit a few days ago and said that once his time on Avengers ends, which is in May, he is done with Marvel for the time being.

Ah. Okay. Looks like a lot of the Indie guys are going off to do their own thing. Thanks for posting that.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

That sucks, he's one of Marvel's best creators at the moment. Hopefully, he won't stay away for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Isn't Syfy turning Hickman's Pax Romana into a series?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52503
    That's awesome.
    On ye olde CBR

I expected someone to say Nova. Seems like something Hickman could play with. GOTG as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah, but I don't think he has a thing for DC editors haha.

It would be cool though if he came over to revamp the Legion.
    Well, hopefully if they could get a big name like Hickman, they would try their best to keep him happy. Wishful thinking, I know.

Anyway, I am actually going to echo DebkoX and say that Spider-Man might be an interesting project for him to take on. Putting Spider-Man in the kind of story that Hickman is famous for would be something I'd read. Or, who knows, Hickman might try to make his storytelling more grounded.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I think X-men could be a great fit for Hickman, I'd like to see him do a Phoenix story on his own there. Ultimate X-Men could work as well.
    Oh, god no. Not that Hickman couldn't do a good story with Phoenix, but X-Men comics need to STOP going back to the Phoenix Force whenever they need an idea for a new story.

BANNED

Shame he's gonna be cooling down on Marvel work, but he deserves a break.
    As for what I'd like to see him on?

Namor or something to do with the Kree.

Black Panther or Namor could be cool, or even a Black Panther/Namor team up .

Something cosmic, the end of Infinity left some stuff that could ,and it should imo, be expanded like the Skrull Empire officially back on its feet, the expansion of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, the Spaceknights, etc. If Hickman is in fact leaving to do his own work I hope at least someone picks it up, I dropped GotG so I'm not sure if some of that was touched in that book.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Oh, god no. Not that Hickman couldn't do a good story with Phoenix, but X-Men comics need to STOP going back to the Phoenix Force whenever they need an idea for a new story.
    Fair enough.