Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Aside from schedule (3 books a month plus planning the major event), I think it'd be weird to have the same guy on Avengers AND Ultimates. It'd be like Bendis writing Ultimate Spider-man AND Amazing Spider-man.
    Bendis writes Ultimate Spiderman set in te UU whilst chronicling the adventures of the X-Men in the 616 so I fail to see the correlation.

It's not as if I was suggesting that Hickman write 616/UU Avengers tales simultaneously.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my primary interest in seeing Hickman write more books set in the 616 once he's completed his run on the Avengers, is down to the respect that he has for correct characterization, continuity and world building that realistically incorporates what came before whilst creating additional layers that add nuance to the pre-existing concept.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I've never understood everybody's obsession with getting Waid on Superman. Why Superman specifically? I enjoyed Kingdom Come, but haven't read Birthright. Is it Birthright?
    It's also Birthright, yes (because it was awesome and you should totally check it out. Kingdom Come seemed like Waid riffing on Maggin with some 'corrupting' streaks of Byrne when it came to Superman, Birthright seems more like his 'real' characterization for Clark), but also because Waid's wanted the job pretty much ever since he started writing comics. Like Alvarez said, he's read everything, he contributed, along with Grant Morrison, Mark Millar and Tom Peyer a brilliant pitch to take over the Superman titles in 1998 that fell through, and he credits the original movie with changing the course of his life.

What Would I like to see Hickman write? Black Panther or Iron Man. I think he could take each of these characters to another level. Now if he wrote a book featuring Black Panther and Iron Man, I'd be extremely happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What Would I like to see Hickman write? Black Panther or Iron Man. I think he could take each of these characters to another level. Now if he wrote a book featuring Black Panther and Iron Man, I'd be extremely happy.
    Not sure if serious...
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Ant-Man. Totally serious, I want a straight up zany science book which Hickman can do.

Just let him go bananas. It would be like the supernerd equivalent of Fraction's Hawkeye.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Something about the Shiar or the Nova corps

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Not sure if serious...
    Very much so. These are two of my favorite characters.

Very much so. These are two of my favorite characters.
    I think he means, that Hickman is already writing a book heavily featuring these characters.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

He's going to do televsion I think.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/syfy...icians-series/

I heard years back he was gunning for tv.

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    I think he means, that Hickman is already writing a book heavily featuring these characters.
    Just these two in a different setting.

We could see the debut of...dun dun dun...the Iron Panther!

Panther and Stark could become buddies and Stark could talk Panther into unmasking in front of the whole world...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    We could see the debut of...dun dun dun...the Iron Panther!

Panther and Stark could become buddies and Stark could talk Panther into unmasking in front of the whole world...
    Except that the whole world already knows that it's T'Challa under the mask.

He's done with the Avengers next year (May). I think he will focus on East of West and M.P, while doing the T.V thing. He might write one of two books, maybe a solo-character book.

Ant-man, Black Panther or something else are possibilities, who knows. Maybe he goes cosmic. But he's probably focusing on creator owned, especially since people are taking a look at his indy stuff for T.V., maybe movies are next. :shrugs: I now EoW is going to be a priority--as it should be, it's awesome.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Ant-Man. Totally serious, I want a straight up zany science book which Hickman can do.

Just let him go bananas. It would be like the supernerd equivalent of Fraction's Hawkeye.
    I never realised I wanted this until now. I take back my previous comments, this is the book of my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    That's part of the reason I think he'd be so great in an alternate universe setting. He killed it on Ultimates, with a huge, largely unexplored world to play with. Squadron Supreme - whether it's Earth-712 or the JMS reboot - would be great, too. Or New Universe (possibly even picking up where Ellis left off with newuniversal).
    Yes, the New Universal idea is good too, now that Hickmans started this in Avengers.