Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Forge an omega level mutant now?

they also described him as technopath, which is very wrong. He is more of an engineer, whatever machine he thinks of, he can make them, this technopath thing kind of cheapen his identity.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Hickman used him specifically as an example of NOT being an Omega mutant.

He may be. Hickman said he was limited in resources and had been surpassed by reed but now he has mysterium and i assume mutant technology and whatever they find across the galaxy so that alone would make Forge unlimited in potential since he is unllimited in potential resources which may spark ideas? I mean technically while not the wielder of the tech Forge was the one who told the tools how they would need to operate to teraform so technically he ran the machine remotely.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

No.

As far as being an official Omega, Forge’s powers can and have theoretically been surpassed by normal humans, so he is not gonna be an Omega. I really believe Ewing was being descriptive to display that Forge is their best technopath (inventor in my eyes. There way better technopaths in the X-Universe, but those are semantics).
    Last edited by PyroFN; 06-29-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He may be. Hickman said he was limited in resources and had been surpassed by reed but now he has mysterium and i assume mutant technology and whatever they find across the galaxy so that alone would make Forge unlimited in potential since he is unllimited in potential resources which may spark ideas? I mean technically while not the wielder of the tech Forge was the one who told the tools how they would need to operate to teraform so technically he ran the machine remotely.
    That was not what Hickman put down. He made no mention of resources being an issue for Forge. He merely made it clear that Forge has been surpassed as far as his measurable powers went. What that entails is never really expounded upon. Probably for the best, since thinking about the requirements of an Omega to begin with has not really been explored beyond the definition, which is a really broad definition in its own right, which is funny since the definition was made to cut down the list of Omega’s.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That was not what Hickman put down. He made no mention of resources being an issue for Forge. He merely made it clear that Forge has been surpassed as far as his measurable powers went. What that entails is never really expounded upon. Probably for the best, since thinking about the requirements of an Omega to begin with has not really been explored beyond the definition, which is a really broad definition in its own right, which is funny since the definition was made to cut down the list of Omega’s.

Hickman is gone. He also didn't put moira as a cyborg but here we are. No sarcasm intended. Hickman is also the one who hinted powers can grow ala Synch, and that is being continued and he didn't put him on the list either. So he must have had some idea of expanding it at some point. Also that was a pre terraforming Forge, who didn't even know if a planet could really be terraformed but it was. Who knows what that awakened in him. And no human can match all possible mutant tech so who knows what Forge may or may not have put together in terms of circuits.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-29-2022 at 01:47 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I always thought Jeffries would be more „powerful“ than Forge.

Forge intuitively understands technology, creates a blueprint in his mind but has to use his own hands and available resources to create technology.

Jeffries can alter and form every material (metal, plastic, glas, …) into anything he needs. A technoforner. And he can talk with machines too, which should make him a technopath?

Hickman is gone, his omega datapage is in the past so as of today that information is officially obsolete
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Hickman is gone, his omega datapage is in the past so as of today that information is officially obsolete
    It's not obsolete but it's subject to change. Did anybody really think for the rest of the entirety of the xmen there would only be like 12 omegas out of millions of mutants. Arrako has several so i would expect at least 1 % of mutants to be omega if it's suppose to be a resource thing. I mean 1% of 100,000 is 1000 so maybe even less than 1%.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

No Forge isn't an Omega even if Hickman is gone he is just the strongest technopath. Because if Forge is omega then that makes any technopath who can create things from nothing omega.

Hickman is gone. He also didn't put moira as a cyborg but here we are. No sarcasm intended. Hickman is also the one who hinted powers can grow ala Synch, and that is being continued and he didn't put him on the list either. So he must have had some idea of expanding it at some point.
    He did. The introduction of Arakko supports that. The issue with the “Hickman is gone” argument is that the X-Office is still following, not just his leftover story-beats, but his established lore. I’m not saying they won’t take creative liberties to leave their own mark on this era, but it feels very strange to introduce Forge this anti-climatically to the Omega’s league, especially when Synch was given that big hoopla over his powers suddenly growing.

Also that was a pre terraforming Forge, who didn't even know if a planet could really be terraformed but it was. Who knows what that awakened in him. And no human can match all possible mutant tech so who knows what Forge may or may not have put together in terms of circuits.
    That’s kind of the point. There are limits that he can’t simply push through himself. Most Omega’s could if they tried hard enough, but Forge is limited by his imagination. Reed Richards pretty much proves the idea that humans can and have indeed surpassed mutant tech in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I always thought Jeffries would be more „powerful“ than Forge.

Forge intuitively understands technology, creates a blueprint in his mind but has to use his own hands and available resources to create technology.

Jeffries can alter and form every material (metal, plastic, glas, …) into anything he needs. A technoforner. And he can talk with machines too, which should make him a technopath?
    Yeah. The semantics of what makes a better technopath is pretty skewed here in the X-stories. Like I don’t see Forge as a technopath in the slightest, but that is the term they use for him. *shrug*

is Forge Black? I know he's Cheyenne native, but Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    is Forge Black? I know he's Cheyenne native, but Black?
    naw just Native American

Forge being an omega would mean putting him at the same level or even greater than the likes of Stark, Reed, Doom etc. and I simply can't see it.