Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    5,206

    Default Are the Resurrection Protocols resulting in Omega Level upgrades?

    So, in the last several months, the following has been revealed or depicted: 1) Synch could be emerging as an Omega Level Mutant; 2) Forge is apparently an "Omega Technopath" 3) according to Ororo, Xavier "is perhaps the universe's most powerful telepath"; and 4) Rogue noted, "two Omegas are better than one," before absorbing and using Jean's telekinesis, after which Jean revealed that, for her, "No object is too big or heavy to lift nor too small to grasp."

    What do these mutants all have in common? They have each undergone the resurrection protocols. According to Cecilia Reyes, "The resurrection protocols [may be] increasing the previous baseline powers" of mutants. Regarding Synch, she notes, "We define an 'Omega mutant' as having no upper limits to their powers, and it may be that we are witnessing the emergence of a new Omega in Synch." This could explain the seemingly contradictory statements above.



    Moreover, regarding a mutant like Jean having both her power classifications categorized as Omega Level, which they were prior to Hickman's run, Hickman noted the following: "Omega level is a classification of a single mutant power. While it is quite common that mutants manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level." This makes it clear that it is not impossible for a single mutant to register more than one Omega level ability.



    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-29-2022 at 03:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member Proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    320

    Default

    It’s possible that baseline powers are upgraded with each resurrection, there seems to be quite a few displays of awesome feats of power that seemingly appear from no where.
    And reading this reminded me of an odd throw away line in Way of X where Pixie commented that Nightcrawler can now port ‘crazy far’. Which to my knowledge he wasn’t able to do before being resurrected.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    5,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Itís possible that baseline powers are upgraded with each resurrection, there seems to be quite a few displays of awesome feats of power that seemingly appear from no where. And reading this reminded me of an odd throw away line in Way of X where Pixie commented that Nightcrawler can now port Ďcrazy farí. Which to my knowledge he wasnít able to do before being resurrected.
    Excellent example! We need to collect all of these instances in this thread.

    Here's are the other examples I listed in the OP:






  4. #4
    BANNED Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    The most impressive thing there is that Rogue is perfectly bio compatible with any type and level of power, that makes her unlimited, verifiable and without the need for resurrections, and that has always been the case and her advances have been on her own merits.
    jujujuji.



    Contributing to the theme , the resurrections seem to improve some aspects of the powers of some characters , another example is Monet who now has this duality with the penance form .

  5. #5
    BANNED Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    So Xavier is once again the most powerful telepath as he always should have been and always was, well I'm glad of the logical origin.


    Xavier's telepathy >>>> the other telepaths, that's always been the case, so he's back to logic.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Sounds a bit Hickman provided an easy excuse for writers to push the power creep of allready powerfull characters further or give less powerfull characters a random upgrade both without having explain or show characters working on improving their abilities.

    Like when there is a time jump in manga and all characters returned stronger, more skilled, etc. because of how or where they trained (often with a short montage). Only here it doesn't just happen because the writer wanted them to improve, without having to use a time jump or even training montage. A bit like the random "secondary mutations" from Morrison's run.

    Basicly just like the white pages, more options for writers to just skip the "boring" part of character and world developments in favor of just snapping them into existence.

    Obviously that's my biased way of seeing it.

    As for the cause. While Mister Sinister's tempering with the gene samples which are used to create the new bodies might be the obvious answer for these improvements (just like how his tampering allows the clone bodies of depowered mutants to be powered again), i wouldn't rule it out the option that it might actualy be the result of something Xavier or Forge added to Cerebro and how it handles the memories stored on it.

    Basicly Cebero might actualy rewire the reborn mutant's mind via their memories into a more "ideal" state allowing the person to unlock dormant or undeveloped features in the part of their mind that controls their powers.

    A software upgrade, rather than a hardware one, so to stop.

    In either case they should be a bit more worried about these kinds of developments, since it indicates a development that could easily slip out of control or cause unforseen harm to the "improved" mutants.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-29-2022 at 04:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,875

    Default

    What was the explanation given for Xavier having telekinesis again?

    I remember he used it in Inferno against Nimrod, which was odd, but apparently some interview explained why, was it said that it happened because the resurrection protocol upgraded him or somethin'?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    So, in the last several months, the following has been revealed or depicted: 1) Synch could be emerging as an Omega Level Mutant; 2) Forge is apparently an "Omega Technopath" 3) according to Ororo, Xavier "is perhaps the universe's most powerful telepath"; and 4) Rogue noted, "two Omegas are better than one," before absorbing and using Jean's telekinesis, after which Jean revealed that, for her, "No object is too big or heavy to lift nor too small to grasp."

    What do these mutants all have in common? They have each undergone the resurrection protocols. According to Cecilia Reyes, "The resurrection protocols [may be] increasing the previous baseline powers" of mutants. Regarding Synch, she notes, "We define an 'Omega mutant' as having no upper limits to their powers, and it may be that we are witnessing the emergence of a new Omega in Synch." This could explain the seemingly contradictory statements above.



    Moreover, regarding a mutant like Jean having both her power classifications categorized as Omega Level, which they were prior to Hickman's run, Hickman noted the following: "Omega level is a classification of a single mutant power. While it is quite common that mutants manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level." This makes it clear that it is not impossible for a single mutant to register more than one Omega level ability.



    Thoughts?
    Another interesting complication of resurrection protocols would be a power creep that out paces everyone else in the multiverse. That is another great reason for fear and conflict to destroy their immortality engine if it gets out.

    And I'm going to beat @Rift to saying the Hellion has already displayed Omega-level Telekinesis (he can manipulate atoms and molecules as per at least two in panel feats, and I think that is what makes Exodus an O-level TK), and he was resurrected recently. So, although they will never write him using O-level TK, he should be considered one well before Cyclops or any of the Wolverines IMHO.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

  9. #9
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    So, in the last several months, the following has been revealed or depicted: 1) Synch could be emerging as an Omega Level Mutant; 2) Forge is apparently an "Omega Technopath" 3) according to Ororo, Xavier "is perhaps the universe's most powerful telepath"; and 4) Rogue noted, "two Omegas are better than one," before absorbing and using Jean's telekinesis, after which Jean revealed that, for her, "No object is too big or heavy to lift nor too small to grasp."

    What do these mutants all have in common? They have each undergone the resurrection protocols. According to Cecilia Reyes, "The resurrection protocols [may be] increasing the previous baseline powers" of mutants. Regarding Synch, she notes, "We define an 'Omega mutant' as having no upper limits to their powers, and it may be that we are witnessing the emergence of a new Omega in Synch." This could explain the seemingly contradictory statements above.



    Moreover, regarding a mutant like Jean having both her power classifications categorized as Omega Level, which they were prior to Hickman's run, Hickman noted the following: "Omega level is a classification of a single mutant power. While it is quite common that mutants manifest multiple powers, only one is normally of Omega level." This makes it clear that it is not impossible for a single mutant to register more than one Omega level ability.



    Thoughts?
    LOL, now you already know my theory, Dear Mercury: Jean was Omega/Omega before the classification system, only Hickman himself did not know it! (Jean wiped it from his brain. :0 )

    It may seem that the resurrection process is indeed creating more Omegas, but not every characters' body nor powers were meant to function at that high level of power. Could it be dangerous? Maybe. Time will tell.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  10. #10
    Mighty Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    I think Rogue said “2 omegas are better than 1” meaning once she kissed Jean’s cheek she had Jeans omega level abilities. Same as synch when he used Jeans telepathy.

  11. #11

    Default

    I don't remember the issue but it was also stated that resurrection increases or fixes powers due to a mutant mind going so many years before their powers activate whereas on the flip side a reborn mind immediately has access to it's powers like Roberto coming out in his Sunspot form. I also remember the line about mutants who have certain power types instinctively doing things after resurrections like the issue with i think melanie guthrie. I think the husk thing was in xmen but i could be wrong but i know it exists.

    Adding to that maybe it adds to the whole notion that most of the omegas to my knowledge had access to their powers or some access to it far younger than those who aren't omega level. Though not all mutants who had early access are omega but on average most tend to be more powerful. This could be a really interesting theme to hit on.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-29-2022 at 04:26 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

    Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't remember the issue but it was also stated that resurrection increases or fixes powers due to a mutant mind going so many years before their powers activate whereas on the flip side a reborn mind immediately has access to it's powers like Roberto coming out in his Sunspot form. I also remember the line about mutants who have certain power types instinctively doing things after resurrections like the issue with i think melanie guthrie. I think the husk thing was in xmen but i could be wrong but i know it exists.

    Adding to that maybe it adds to the whole notion that most of the omegas to my knowledge had access to their powers or some access to it far younger than those who aren't omega level. Though not all mutants who had early access are omega but on average most tend to be more powerful. This could be a really interesting theme to hit on.
    I recall them saying fliers always fly immediately after coming out of the egg. That it's instinctual. I think that jives with the idea that resurrection protocols aren't increase power, but just unleashing powers the mutants always had but hadn't unlocked/couldn't control yet.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    I recall them saying fliers always fly immediately after coming out of the egg. That it's instinctual. I think that jives with the idea that resurrection protocols aren't increase power, but just unleashing powers the mutants always had but hadn't unlocked/couldn't control yet.
    Yes, they said flyers fly. That reminds me i think what was said was about the brain being instinctively connected to the powers so it's missing those years where there was a disconnect in the body where they lived more as humans as opposed to that time not exciting and their brains natural accepting their powers. i'm seriously paraphrasing but i know it was something like that. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

    Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    5,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The most impressive thing there is that Rogue is perfectly bio compatible with any type and level of power, that makes her unlimited, verifiable and without the need for resurrections, and that has always been the case and her advances have been on her own merits.
    Sadly, Rogue isn't registered as an Omega Level Mutant. It is cool that she can copy Jean's presumably Omega Level Telekinesis, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Contributing to the theme, the resurrections seem to improve some aspects of the powers of some characters, another example is Monet who now has this duality with the penance form.
    Interesting. Has Monet died and undergone the resurrection protocols, too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    So Xavier is once again the most powerful telepath as he always should have been and always was, well I'm glad of the logical origin.

    Xavier's telepathy >>>> the other telepaths, that's always been the case, so he's back to logic.
    It's important to note that Ororo qualified her statement regarding Xavier's power by prefacing it with "perhaps," which indicates she wasn't making an absolute statement. Even still, Ororo doesn't have the requisite power to determine whether a mutant is "the most powerful" or not. Food for thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Sounds a bit Hickman provided an easy excuse for writers to push the power creep of allready powerfull characters further or give less powerfull characters a random upgrade both without having explain or show characters working on improving their abilities.
    What "easy excuse" did Hickman provide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As for the cause. While Mister Sinister's tempering with the gene samples which are used to create the new bodies might be the obvious answer for these improvements (just like how his tampering allows the clone bodies of depowered mutants to be powered again) i wouldn't rule it out the option that it might actualy be the result of something Xavier or Forge added to Cerebro and how it handles the memories stored on it. Basicly Cebero might actualy rewire the reborn mutant's mind via their memories into a more "ideal" state allowing the person to unlock dormant or undeveloped features in the part of their mind that controls their powers.
    Hmmm. These are all interesting and totally plausible theories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What was the explanation given for Xavier having telekinesis again?

    I remember he used it in Inferno against Nimrod, which was odd, but apparently some interview explained why, was it said that it happened because the resurrection protocol upgraded him or somethin'?
    Another instance I forgot about! And Xavier had undergone the resurrection protocols by then.

    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    Another interesting complication of resurrection protocols would be a power creep that out paces everyone else in the multiverse. That is another great reason for fear and conflict to destroy their immortality engine if it gets out.
    Another interesting and plausible theory that could even tie into Judgment Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    And I'm going to beat @Rift to saying the Hellion has already displayed Omega-level Telekinesis (he can manipulate atoms and molecules as per at least two in panel feats, and I think that is what makes Exodus an O-level TK), and he was resurrected recently. So, although they will never write him using O-level TK, he should be considered one well before Cyclops or any of the Wolverines IMHO.
    Has Hellion been shown exhibiting this level of control since Krakoa was established? Also, has he undergone the resurrection process?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    LOL, now you already know my theory, Dear Mercury: Jean was Omega/Omega before the classification system, only Hickman himself did not know it! (Jean wiped it from his brain. :0 )
    Haha. Well, I have the following theories as to why Cerebro didn't initially register Jean's already established Omega Level Telekinesis: 1) Xavier manipulated not just her backup but others' as well; 2) Xavier didn't include all the registered Omega Level Mutants on Cerebro's list, i.e., he modified the list to not include all of them for reasons only known to him; 3) Cerebro glitched; 4) Age of X-Man temporarily affected her abilities, or 5) Jean repressed or suppressed her telekinesis, which could be due to her experiences during her time-displaced teenager, Phoenix Resurrection, or even Age of X-Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I think Rogue said ¬ď2 omegas are better than 1¬Ē meaning once she kissed Jean¬ís cheek she had Jeans omega level abilities. Same as synch when he used Jeans telepathy.
    Exactly.

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    I recall them saying fliers always fly immediately after coming out of the egg. That it's instinctual. I think that jives with the idea that resurrection protocols aren't increase power, but just unleashing powers the mutants always had but hadn't unlocked/couldn't control yet.
    Something like that was said about Kitty too, the reason why she never broke out of the eggs was because her instinct is to phase through.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Another instance I forgot about! And Xavier had undergone the resurrection protocols by then.
    Found the thread that mentions it:

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...esis-confirmed

    So yeah, it's not resurrection related, unless they changed their minds after this and comics will say something else, who knows, but the way they said it there, he just has it and that's that, which's, not good lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-29-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •