Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I've said it before and I've said it again: Omegas are as a concept very dumb because power scaling is entirely arbitrary and it also totally undercuts the messaging of the mutants as a metaphor.
    Disagree. Ev with my basic level of knowledge on evolution, there are differing levels of evolution that results in vastly different creatures that are better at some things than others. Unless you are gonna tell me every animal is the same, it makes complete sense that there would be Apex and alphas among the mutants. The best of the batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    If the Resurrection Protocols are resulting in Omega Level upgrades then why doesn't Scott ditch the visor unless someone accidentally on purpose forgot and neglected to upgrade his abilities to Omega Level
    If I remember correctly, the limitations were purposefully instituted for people like Cyclops. I can’t remember exact details though. I’d have to actually look for that answer, but I’m positive they’ve made mention of particular aspects of the husks composition to match the original bodies exactly.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Like you cant have mutants be a metaphor for oppressed people and also be analogous to nuclear weapons

I know it won't ever happen because of plot and reasons.

But I wonder if it possible for the 5 to make every mutant they rez an omega level -- when it makes sense. Like Scott could be omega level or near to it sort of like his Ultimate version did when he was on Banshee.

Gambit could get his New Son powers back.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Like you cant have mutants be a metaphor for oppressed people and also be analogous to nuclear weapons
    This just made me think tell that to the people who think others are a danger when they walk with skittles while being black. We actually do live in a world where certain people because of their privilege can go "nuclear" and end up in causing the destruction of an oppressed person. It's sad how minute and grand it can truly be with the same consequence. And the most sinister part is they can do it with out a single super power.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I've said it before and I've said it again: Omegas are as a concept very dumb because power scaling is entirely arbitrary and it also totally undercuts the messaging of the mutants as a metaphor.
    I don't think people understood that the whole point of that Omega list in House of X was to stop all the power creep and arbitrary scale. Unfortunately, it was just Hickman leaving and all the writers begun to refer as all mutants as Omega, even Forge, the guy Hickman used an example of NOT being an Omega, has been referred as one as well.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I know it won't ever happen because of plot and reasons.

But I wonder if it possible for the 5 to make every mutant they rez an omega level -- when it makes sense. Like Scott could be omega level or near to it sort of like his Ultimate version did when he was on Banshee.

Gambit could get his New Son powers back.
    You say this as though basically any mutant doesn't become Omega level when the plot demands it