Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

So, does this mean that if you die and are resurrected enough times you'll eventually achieve the Phoenix Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, does this mean that if you die and are resurrected enough times you'll eventually achieve the Phoenix Force?
    YOu have to hook up with A member of the Summers family to achieve that level, and the ones available are Vulcan, and Rachel....soooo The PF is quite safe
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    YOu have to hook up with A member of the Summers family to achieve that level, and the ones available are Vulcan, and Rachel....soooo The PF is quite safe
    Adam X The X-Treme begs to differ.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Adam X The X-Treme begs to differ.
    Do you really believe he's a bonified Summers or that Marvel wouldn't exploit that for all it was worth if he truly was?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ah, duly noted! He could still be re-categorized as having Omega Level telepathy as a result of being resurrected though.
    Yeah like I said, it's just an interview, what they say in those and what is shown in the comics don't have to be the same thing.

There's Cable too, and who knows how much Kid Cable fucked around in Krakoa .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ah, thanks for pointing that out! What Jean did, along with Rogue while using Jean's power, is almost inconceivable. A fantastic feat.

Last edited by Micabe; 07-04-2022 at 11:04 PM.

Do you really believe he's a bonified Summers or that Marvel wouldn't exploit that for all it was worth if he truly was?
    X-Men Legends officially makes him a Summers, at least in part.

Marvel's failure to do anything great with him is on Marvel.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

And thus Betsy Braddock's plan has been revealed at last.

I suppose it is natural to want to see a favorite character have no limits. But watching most characters in the Krakoan era join the omega club is starting to feel like watching children play with action figures in a sandbox. By that, I mean it is lazy one-upmanship writing; writers should be baking limitations into the characters and exploring the limitations. Otherwise, there is no feat of strength or room to express the character's creativity and moral choices. It's becoming all deus ex machina: They just wave a hand and - poof - they win.

For example, once upon a time Rogue could absorb a more powerful character's abilities but she didn't have their skill in using those abilities. That seems fitting. Just because she can instantaneously acquire an ability doesn't mean she is practiced or proficient in that ability (let alone using the acquired ability at an - omega - level!). And then there was the cost: her power drained others and temporarily imprisoned their psyche effectively knocking them out. So she had to consider consequences when using her powers. Mind you, I was never a fan of her being tortured by her powers.

But, clearly, that's not where we are today with her and/or other characters. There are no classic hero journeys or stakes. Everyone is becoming Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    So Xavier is once again the most powerful telepath as he always should have been and always was, well I'm glad of the logical origin.

Xavier's telepathy >>>> the other telepaths, that's always been the case, so he's back to logic.
    Xavier died in telepathic combat with the Eternals. Storm said he was PERHAPS. That’s already been proven wrong.

Some people just get stuck in the past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't remember the issue but it was also stated that resurrection increases or fixes powers due to a mutant mind going so many years before their powers activate whereas on the flip side a reborn mind immediately has access to it's powers like Roberto coming out in his Sunspot form. I also remember the line about mutants who have certain power types instinctively doing things after resurrections like the issue with i think melanie guthrie. I think the husk thing was in xmen but i could be wrong but i know it exists.

Adding to that maybe it adds to the whole notion that most of the omegas to my knowledge had access to their powers or some access to it far younger than those who aren't omega level. Though not all mutants who had early access are omega but on average most tend to be more powerful. This could be a really interesting theme to hit on.
    If the Resurrection Protocols are resulting in Omega Level upgrades then why doesn't Scott ditch the visor unless someone accidentally on purpose forgot and neglected to upgrade his abilities to Omega Level

If the Resurrection Protocols are resulting in Omega Level upgrades then why doesn't Scott ditch the visor unless someone accidentally on purpose forgot and neglected to upgrade his abilities to Omega Level
    Your going to have to ask someone on marvel payroll for that answer.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Your going to have to ask someone on marvel payroll for that answer.

As if that someone would honestly answer the question even if he/she did.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I've said it before and I've said it again: Omegas are as a concept very dumb because power scaling is entirely arbitrary and it also totally undercuts the messaging of the mutants as a metaphor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I've said it before and I've said it again: Omegas are as a concept very dumb because power scaling is entirely arbitrary and it also totally undercuts the messaging of the mutants as a metaphor.
    And, just which "metaphor of the week" would that be I vote that every mutant resurrection after the conclusion of A.X.E. receive the following enhancements --

Omega level Telekinesis
    Omega level Telepathy
    Omega level Atmokinesis
    Omega level Intuitive Aptitude
    Omega level Concussive Blasts
    Omega level Electromagnetic Blasts
    Omega level Disease Immunity
    Omega level Regenerative Healing Factor
    Omega level Advanced Longevity
    Omega level Teleportation
    Omega level Magic
    Omega level Psionic Vampirism
    Omega level Class 100+ Strength
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-08-2022 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.