• New X-Men by Kyle and Yost

14 53.85%
  • Wolverine & Havok: Meltdown by Simonson's

2 7.69%
  • Weapon X by BWS

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Forums 2nd book club poll

Okay everyone, I'm going to put up a poll for our next book club selection. We only had 4 recommendations this time but they are all solid stories imho. We had a few requests for the discussion to be one issue at a time and I think that format will work well for this next attempt so lets give it a try.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Kyla and Yost New X-Men seems like quite the outlier here. It's a full run instead of just a storyarc and is 27 issues long. Weapon X is also pretty long at 13 issues but it's still only half as long, and it's just 1 story. The other 2 are 3-4 issues. Maybe it's not the best idea to open the door to 'the entire Claremont run' being a possible option, especially when people were asking to go issue by issue instead of doing the whole thing at once with the Magik mini. 27 issues is a huge ask even if it's the only option of these 4 that interests me. Can it maybe be split into some of its arcs like the House of M part, Mercury Rising, and Quest for Magik instead of having to cover over 2 years' worth of comics in a week?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

New X-Men FTW.

We stan people who are able to set up a poll correctly.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Supernova's by Mike Carey and New X-Men by Kyle and Yost were bot in my top 5. Hard to choose.

The other 3 are Outback era, Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empyre and Messiah Complex
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The Bus! The Bus!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Kyla and Yost New X-Men seems like quite the outlier here. It's a full run instead of just a storyarc and is 27 issues long. Weapon X is also pretty long at 13 issues but it's still only half as long, and it's just 1 story. The other 2 are 3-4 issues. Maybe it's not the best idea to open the door to 'the entire Claremont run' being a possible option, especially when people were asking to go issue by issue instead of doing the whole thing at once with the Magik mini. 27 issues is a huge ask even if it's the only option of these 4 that interests me. Can it maybe be split into some of its arcs like the House of M part, Mercury Rising, and Quest for Magik instead of having to cover over 2 years' worth of comics in a week?
    Yeah we can break it down to just one arc. I think that’s probably a good idea.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The Bus! The Bus!
    40+ issues and that is all you got from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    40+ issues and that is all you got from it?
    Me too. That and the senior X-Men thinking it was a good idea to set up Hogworts-style squads where one of the them is the "evil" squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Yeah we can break it down to just one arc. I think that’s probably a good idea.
    I posted my suggestion in the Magik thread, it's a 4 or 5 issue arc. While it connects to the next arc, it serves as a great intro to Academy X on its own, and it's self-contained enough where those who only want to read that one arc shpuld be satisfied.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Okay I think we can call the poll for New Mutants by Kyle and Yost. Rift what issues did you suggest?

Extraordinary Member

My suggestion would be the Quest for Magik arc. My biases are well-known, but it does serve as the true sequel to the Magik mini which was the subject of the first reading club.

Okay I think we can call the poll for New Mutants by Kyle and Yost. Rift what issues did you suggest?
    I suggest 20-23, the Childhood's End arc. I know most people would suggest starting with the bus issue (Issue 24) and going on from there, when things really ramp up. But on its own, Childhood's End a solid introduction to the kids as they deal with M-Day and deal with their lives falling apart. It's more reader-friendly for people who aren't familiar with the characters.

If anyone likes Childhood's End, they can go on to read the next 9 issues. It consists of 2, 4-part stories and a one-issue story featuring Wither. That gives you a good, complete story about the Academy X kids. But I think we should just stick to a short arc, so it's easier on people.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    My suggestion would be the Quest for Magik arc. My biases are well-known, but it does serve as the true sequel to the Magik mini which was the subject of the first reading club.
    This is also a good idea. I'd suggest maybe we should read Inferno or something before it, but Quest for Magik is a great story on its own. And it'd be cool to continue following Magik's journey after the last book club.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

If there's no objection I say lets read issue's 20-23 for this round. I'd like to read Inferno and Quest for Magik but we did just do a Magik story for our first book club.

If there's no objection I say lets read issue's 20-23 for this round. I'd like to read Inferno and Quest for Magik but we did just do a Magik story for our first book club.
    sounds good to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/