Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Will there be another shuffle after Judgement Day?

Just wanted to get your perspectives and thoughts.

Is it way too soon? Possibly. But after these first arc relaunches would be interesting to stream line the titles and see what is missing.

We know that X-Men Red and Immortal are hitting on all cyclinders.

X-Men was started to get rolling again with a lot of the ORCHIS stuff and CotV incoming.

New Mutants had A LOT of delays but I love what Vita is doing on that title.

Sabretooth is also a banger.

X-Force is X-Force.

Legion of X is very Spurrier.

Knights of X is a Tini book.

We know X-terminators is coming.

A lot of the titles have been mentioning Brotherhood alot.

Edit: I forgot about Marauders. My bad.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-30-2022 at 08:07 AM.

I don't think anything outside of the already announced X-Men line up change will happen after Judgement Day. I'm sure someone important will be "dead" or completely changed for a little while as that usually happens during these events but nothing like a bunch of new titles and new #1's
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I just wonder where Archangel and Rogue will end up. I consider both as A-list and don't think they will leave them sidelined.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I just wonder where Archangel and Rogue will end up. I consider both as A-list and don't think they will leave them sidelined.
    isn't archangel sidelined for a long time already? I do not remember his last plot tbh (Dark Angel Saga is the last A-Lister storyline that I can remember).

I'm thinking Knights of X is a mini at this point and Sabretooth is also ending soon. I’m hoping that New Mutants with Ayala continues but it seems like it’ll be experiencing death by guest writers. That all being said I can see some book announcements coming down the line to replace them. We could get a sequel to Sabretooth and Alyssa Wong is supposed to be writing something. Marvel loves to end events with the announcement of a new book to show that the event actually had impact.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 06-30-2022 at 05:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think it's likely we're going to have at least a mini reshuffle. I would assume X-Men, Red and Immortal will be continuing as is, but whatever didn't get a new creative team and #1 issue for Destiny of X (New Mutants, X-Force, Wolverine) is more of a question mark. Stuff like Legion of X and Knights of X I don't really see sticking around for more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Just wanted to get your perspectives and thoughts.

Is it way too soon? Possibly. But after these first arc relaunches would be interesting to stream line the titles and see what is missing.

We know that X-Men Red and Immortal are hitting on all cyclinders.

X-Men was started to get rolling again with a lot of the ORCHIS stuff and CotV incoming.

New Mutants had A LOT of delays but I love what Vita is doing on that title.

Sabretooth is also a banger.

X-Force is X-Force.

Legion of X is very Spurrier.

Knights of X is a Tini book.

We know X-terminators is coming.

A lot of the titles have been mention Brotherhood alot.
    There's also Marauders which I always forget about.

I think there will be a shuffling of characters as we see is about to happen with the X-Men. Sunfire is going somewhere and it would hurt my heart if Rogue and Polaris don't land somewhere concrete.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    isn't archangel sidelined for a long time already? I do not remember his last plot tbh (Dark Angel Saga is the last A-Lister storyline that I can remember).
    Well, he was in X-Corp, but that was not all that fantastic.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

My thought is:

- The titles that continued through Destiny of X are largely safe (Wolverine, X-Force, X-Men, New Mutants). X-Men already has it's post-JD arc solicited, and we know NM has a 3-issue fill-in starting after JD with Vita back after.
    - The new flagships are also safe (Immortal X-Men, X-Men: Red)
    - Alyssa Wong's new book will be announced
    - Legion and Knights are ending soon after, but we may see new projects soon from those writers or other new projects
    - Marauders is on the bubble
    - We'll potentially see a Sabretooth follow-up mini

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    There's also Marauders which I always forget about.

I think there will be a shuffling of characters as we see is about to happen with the X-Men. Sunfire is going somewhere and it would hurt my heart if Rogue and Polaris don't land somewhere concrete.
    Sunfire is actually the one I least expect to go somewhere else. I think it's more likely that Duggan continues to tell his story in X-Men, but with him not as a member of the team. We will check in with him in Otherworld at some point.

Hmm has Sabertooth been a success sales wise?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    My thought is:

- The titles that continued through Destiny of X are largely safe (Wolverine, X-Force, X-Men, New Mutants). X-Men already has it's post-JD arc solicited, and we know NM has a 3-issue fill-in starting after JD with Vita back after.
    - The new flagships are also safe (Immortal X-Men, X-Men: Red)
    - Alyssa Wong's new book will be announced
    - Legion and Knights are ending soon after, but we may see new projects soon from those writers or other new projects
    - Marauders is on the bubble
    - We'll potentially see a Sabretooth follow-up mini
    Where do we know anything of the sort? There's a 1-issue filler story in August followed by Vita's return for the 40th anniversary issue in September, and that's the last issue that has been solicited. Where are you getting that someone else is taking over for 3 whole issues?

I think some characters will change books. X-men obviously because of the election and X-men Red seems to be forming a team with more members.

I'm pretty sure by this point that Knights of X and Legion of X are 5 issues minis. The solicitations and covers for both look like last issue material, and Knights was not solicited for September. But I think Si and Tini will release new minis after those. I specially hope it will be the case for Si Spurrier, I love his writing and Legion of X is in my top 3 books right now.

In Gillen's podcast, they talked about the paper shortage causing a big delay and some cool minis that they wanted to do in the X-Office were not being released because some books had the priority (I'm not sure if they are forever cancelled or just postponed).

They will probably add more minis after Judgement Day. Maybe some ongoing.

I wish they'd cancel Marauders already, worst book in the franchise for me, taking space of some good book. And X-Force needs a new writer. I was a Percy apologist, but even I got enough of these slow plots never advancing.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Where do we know anything of the sort? There's a 1-issue filler story in August followed by Vita's return for the 40th anniversary issue in September, and that's the last issue that has been solicited. Where are you getting that someone else is taking over for 3 whole issues?
    So when the new trans character Escapade was announced it was stated that she’d show up again in New Mutants and IIRC in the Pride anthology book it expanded upon that by saying she was getting issues 31-33 of New Mutants, written by her creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So when the new trans character Escapade was announced it was stated that she’d show up again in New Mutants and IIRC in the Pride anthology book it expanded upon that by saying she was getting issues 31-33 of New Mutants, written by her creator.
    Yep, Charlie Jane Anders said on Twitter when the announcement was made that her arc was 3 issues and Vita was back afterwards, and within the Pride one-shot the arc was said to be starting with issue 31.
    https://twitter.com/charliejane/stat...89760810569728
    Last edited by Krakoa; 06-30-2022 at 12:18 PM.