Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would love some more focus on the Healing Garden. Let Cecilia Reyes and Healer get some focus for a change. Perhaps throw Amelia Voght (who is a nurse) in.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I think all signs point to... YES, but I'll have to elaborate later. That said, ALSO, in the meantime:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    ... Create lifeboat civilizations.

Exactly what you're describing.....given that mutants can terraform lifeless planets into habitable ones, and the ease of gateway travel, its honestly to the BENEFIT of the Quiet Council's stated goals to help various mutant communities like....spread out and start their own societies elsewhere, where they're free to do things their own way. Thus ensuring that any attack on even BOTH Krakoa and Arakko can never truly wipe out all of mutantkind.
    E.g.?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I would love some more focus on the Healing Garden. Let Cecilia Reyes and Healer get some focus for a change. Perhaps throw Amelia Voght (who is a nurse) in.
    Man, Amelia Voight must be SO pissed! She was Xavier's lover and right hand woman, and later she was Magneto's loyal follower... and it turns they were working with each other and with Moira behind her back, and they never let her in the secret... she must feel SO betrayed!

EDIT: Well, or she will be, when she learns the truth...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-04-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Tbh, one of my bigger criticisms of this era has always been that even if Inferno and the FCBD Judgment Day prologue claimed it was Moira's plan to keep mutants all gathered in one spot, given all the other major mutant figures' focus on ensuring longterm mutant survival, there's an easy fix to different mutants having different views/approaches to what they think their society should look like:

Create lifeboat civilizations.

Exactly what you're describing.....given that mutants can terraform lifeless planets into habitable ones, and the ease of gateway travel, its honestly to the BENEFIT of the Quiet Council's stated goals to help various mutant communities like.... spread out and start their own societies elsewhere, where they're free to do things their own way. Thus ensuring that any attack on even BOTH Krakoa and Arakko can never truly wipe out all of mutantkind.
    All of this. My hope has been that eventually mutantdom would branch out so I was very pleased when they terraformed Mars and it's why I would love to see mutants stick around Otherworld once they defeat Saruman.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I know it was stated earlier that some having to many titles with X-Men in it maybe weird for this era but I also feel like it may help some of these titles

Or use names of teams they havent used like X-Men Acolytes or X-Men Brotherhood.

I really would like just an adventure team that has more fun. X-treme X-Men was that vibe for me.

And honestly give Vita Ayala the New X-Men title and just have them streamline the cast. (Even though I think theyre are good a juggling a bigger cast)

And I'm honestly surprised they havent brought Uncanny X-Men back but I dont know which title we could convert to that. Maybe Marauders? Since they don't really use that boat anymore.
    I'm bummed we have so many titles with 'X-Men' in it again because it was cool seeing new titles like 'Marauders' or old ones like 'Excalibur' topping the sales charts. X-Men Red should've been The Brotherhood but I bet they just wanted the book to feel more prominent than S.W.O.R.D.

Astonishing Member

Tbh, one of my bigger criticisms of this era has always been that even if Inferno and the FCBD Judgment Day prologue claimed it was Moira's plan to keep mutants all gathered in one spot, given all the other major mutant figures' focus on ensuring longterm mutant survival, there's an easy fix to different mutants having different views/approaches to what they think their society should look like:

Create lifeboat civilizations.

Exactly what you're describing.....given that mutants can terraform lifeless planets into habitable ones, and the ease of gateway travel, its honestly to the BENEFIT of the Quiet Council's stated goals to help various mutant communities like....spread out and start their own societies elsewhere, where they're free to do things their own way. Thus ensuring that any attack on even BOTH Krakoa and Arakko can never truly wipe out all of mutantkind.
    There is a weird irony in the thought that by departing the mutants even more from their classic roles as super powered "strangers among us", with the "us" being the reflection of our modern world in the Marvel Universe and "strangers" meaning other humans who by some foreign element are different from the rest of the population (hence all the allegorical potential), there is an even bigger risk of sales further declining, which could ultimately force editorial into counter actions.

Basicly by winning too hard via departing too much from the mutants's role and place on Earth both in their classic stories and how they are remembered in pop cultue, by becomming a seperated galactic civilization, it might actualy cause them to lose everything via the elder gods called Editorial and EIC comming down hard on them in the hopes of stabilizing sales again via harebrained panic actions and resets.

Of course the smart choice in either case would be to have a sizable cluster of mutant groups stay on Earth while moving into the space opera territory and if the "mutants in space" direction doesn't fly, to just refocus back on the Earth group, while leaving the space groups intact for later stories or as backups.

Considering that some allready complain that there are too many mutant characters again (even calling for a cutting down again... which i'm definetly not in favor of), this could even be a good way to reduce the number without doing a stupendous Genosha or Decimination style move.
    Don't depower or kill them, just leave the excess in space scattered around planets. Nobody loses.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering that some allready complain that there are too many mutant characters again (even calling for a cutting down again... which i'm definetly not in favor of), this could even be a good way to reduce the number without doing a stupendous Genosha or Decimination style move.
    Don't depower or kill them, just leave the excess in space scattered around planets. Nobody loses.
    Plus, it would seed so many potential future storylines or directions, whatever ends up happening with Krakoa and Arakko in the long run. Future writers could mine the 'reconnecting with scattered mutant civilizations throughout the universe' well in tons of different ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This! Add Triage, Lucid, Infectia and Wallfower to the mix, and maybe Dr.Kavita Rao.
    Mutantes Sans Frontières? X-Club?
    Last edited by Milici; 07-04-2022 at 07:12 PM.

So I’ll tell you - Knights #5 is the last issue of that book, but we’re not done. We’re about to take Betsy on maybe her greatest ride yet, and some very special people close to her are coming along too - but to do it the way we wanted involved a big ol’ exciting pivot. Our Captain Britain isn’t going away, and I’m not done telling stories with her, and thankfully…Betsy and I seem to be permitted to still do so. We’re happy about it, thanks for coming. Sorry for the stress. Issue #4 is big, you’ll love it, and Bob just turned in what might be the Spread of his Career for issue #5. We love this book.
    Howard wrote this on her Substack.

So we're likely getting a third Betsy-centric series written by Howard? Comics are weird.

Oops I guess I could have put it in here instead of creating a new thread. Mods can you fix this whenever you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Oops I guess I could have put it in here instead of creating a new thread. Mods can you fix this whenever you have time.
    Lol i was just too lazy to make a new thread. If lots of folks want to discuss it, it might be worth it!

But yeah agree w/ you about Tini having her chance. She’s had 30 issues to explore Betsy and Otherworld, and if the sales not giving… they not giving. I guess they wanna keep her in the X-office but after X-Corp I’m not really understanding why tbh.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 07-05-2022 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Lol i was just too lazy to make a new thread. If lots of folks want to discuss it, it might be worth it!

But yeah agree w/ you about Tini having her chance. She’s had 30 issues to explore Betsy and Otherworld, and if the sales not giving… they not giving. I guess they wanna keep her in the X-office but after X-Corp I’m not really understanding why tbh.
    I'm shocked they are giving her a 3rd book to tell a story they canceled twice? What's the point of that? Maybe it will be a solo book? At this point who knows.

I think it’s kind of insane that we’re already asking ourselves, “Which titles are ending? Which books will be announced/ relaunched? Where will [insert character] land?” Destiny of X feels like it started 2.5 seconds ago and I feel like we just did this when Reign of X was wrapping up. To BobbysWorld’s point it reduces my confidence in the line overall.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it’s kind of insane that we’re already asking ourselves, “Which titles are ending? Which books will be announced/ relaunched? Where will [insert character] land?” Destiny of X feels like it started 2.5 seconds ago and I feel like we just did this when Reign of X was wrapping up. To BobbysWorld’s point it reduces my confidence in the line overall.
    These titles among others should've never been publicly released in the first place. Back in the 70's/80's they would've most likely been done as a mini series or a graphic novel, then become a ongoing series if there really was the interest in it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-06-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Bringing CGAR's thread back due to the announcement of SOS (I keep hearing Rihanna).

Does the line need a reshuffle after Judgment Day? For me, yes. A refresh though, not necessarily an entire reboot. I'm only reading three titles which is pretty low for me.

Some posters were underwhelmed with the November solicitations. Others felt Destiny of X wasn't a complete reboot as many of the titles just changed names (X-Men Red, Legion, Knights). Immortal, Sabretooth and a new team for Marauders were the major changes.

If you have any insight on how the current line is doing, please feel free to share. X-Men Red is the clear favorite around here, Immortal has mostly favorable reviews, X-Men as well.
    Are Marauders and Legion landing with people? New Mutants having guest writer Anders for a few issues does lend itself to be rebooted at the end of the year. There have been calls for a refresh of X-Force for a while now. It seems whatever Howard is working on will align with the new SOS age. Wolverine and Deadpool can live in their own worlds regardless of any reboot or not. And we'll see how Sabretooth and the Exiles is received.

Thoughts? Do you feel the line needs a refresh/reshuffle/reboot or it just needs time to breathe from the editorial-mandated circus?
    Last edited by JB; 08-19-2022 at 02:47 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!