Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think only X-force really needs a shuffle.
    Marauders just needs to focus on their actual new mission.

The other titles are mostly pretty good right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Yep, Charlie Jane Anders said on Twitter when the announcement was made that her arc was 3 issues and Vita was back afterwards, and within the Pride one-shot the arc was said to be starting with issue 31.
    https://twitter.com/charliejane/stat...89760810569728
    Ok. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think only X-force really needs a shuffle.

The other titles are mostly pretty good right now.
    Agreed re: X-Force. Needs a big time reshuffle. New creative team, cast… the works!

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ewing take it and expanding its CIA mandate to cover threats to mutantkind both on Earth and Mars. And they already have the apparatus with which to do that in S.W.O.R.D. and its two space stations. So just merge the Earth-bound CIA concept with the space-bound S.W.O.R.D. concept somehow…

The way I see it happening is whatever happens with Brand happens, and (once she’s taken down and out of the picture) Cable’s “X-men Red” team gets disbanded. In its place he recruits the current X-Force squad sans Wolverine, who goes to join the main X-men book, and also sans Omega Red because, well, f@&$ him. He’s a serial killer and possible suspected pedophile. So just no to Arkady on this squad. Nathan wouldn’t have that $#!t.

To that current X-Force squad he adds Thunderbird, Manifold and Frenzy. So you end up with:

Field Team
    Cable (leader)
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Thunderbird
    Frenzy

Intel Team
    Sage (leader)
    Beast*
    Danger
    Forge
    Manifold

They’re based out of the old Xavier School in Westchester with instant gates to The Peak, The Keep, Krakoa and Planet Arakko… oh, and Cable’s secret space station, Graymalkin, currently hidden at the bottom of a massive sea on Arakko.

*Nathan names Sage the #1 of the intel branch because he believes Beast’s judgment is compromised, but still wants him on the team for his smarts.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-03-2022 at 08:51 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I would love to see a little shake up.

I see Alyssa Wong taking over New Mutants at some point.

Would love to see LaValle take over X-Force, but kind of wonder if he has a limited schedule and will stay on minis for the foreseeable future.

Duggan's X-Men is important obvs because of the Gala, but I think the lack of any announcement for a Year 2 artist (and no big name at that) is kind of foreboding. Personally don't love there being three books with 'X-Men' in the title but w/e.

Can see Legion of X, Marauders, and Knights of X being downgraded to miniseries even though I think Knights of X has been pretty fun.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed re: X-Force. Needs a big time reshuffle. New creative team, cast… the works!

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ewing take it and expanding its CIA mandate to cover threats to mutantkind both on Earth and Mars. And they already have the apparatus with which to do that in S.W.O.R.D. and its two space stations. So just merge the Earth-bound CIA concept with the space-bound S.W.O.R.D. concept somehow…

The way I see it happening is whatever happens with Brand happens, and (once she’s taken down and out of the picture) Cable’s “X-men Red” team gets disbanded. In its place he recruits the current X-Force squad sans Wolverine, who goes to join the main X-men book, and also sans Omega Red because, well, f@&$ him. He’s a serial killer and possible suspected pedophile. So just no to Arkady on this squad. Nathan wouldn’t have that $#!t.

To that current X-Force squad he adds Thunderbird, Manifold and Frenzy. So you end up with:

Field Team
    Cable (leader)
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Thunderbird
    Frenzy

Intel Team
    Sage (leader)
    Beast*
    Danger
    Forge
    Manifold

They’re based out of the old Xavier School in Westchester with instant gates to The Peak, The Keep, Krakoa and Planet Arakko… oh, and Cable’s secret space station, Graymalkin, currently hidden at the bottom of a massive sea on Arakko.

*Nathan names Sage the #1 of the intel branch because he believes Beast’s judgment is compromised, but still wants him on the team for his smarts.
    Yes, please! This would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Yes, please! This would be great!
    Thanks. Ten members is a hefty cast, but Ewing is currently juggling even more than that in X-men Red. So this would help by pulling four characters out of that book, allowing the casts of both books more room to breathe. And I think it’s a fun mix of characters who could bounce around on missions from Earth to Mars/Planet Arakko proactively taking out threats to mutantkind wherever they exist.

Field Team
    Cable (leader)
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Thunderbird
    Frenzy

Intel Team
    Sage (leader)
    Beast*
    Danger
    Forge
    Manifold

I like that
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Cable and Cyclops are the only characters I can see as head of security of Krakoa, and doing a good job at it. But Cable is better at the whole intelligence/counter-intelligence thing... Cyclops if more a general (as in army general) type... So I pick Cable.

Sage must be in the team. And the sneaky ones like Wolverine(s) and Domino and Kwannon. Bishop would fit in X-force too.

But not Daken or Omega Red. Rapists not allowed!

As for Beast... just kill him, and resurrect an earlier version. Let him join the X-Men or the Avengers or whatever, but please, just erase everything that happened to him since the destruction of Genosha...

Mighty Member

Field Team
    Cable (leader)
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Thunderbird
    Frenzy

Intel Team
    Sage (leader)
    Beast*
    Danger
    Forge
    Manifold

I don't see Logan just walking away from X-force and I certainly don't see Cable coming in and forcibly kicking him out and taking over the team. That ain't happening and a major throwdown is in the making if Cable tries it. Now if Logan voluntarily decides to leave, deciding he could do more good on the main X-men team then sure he might welcome Cable taking over, unless he hands the job to Domino instead. At any rate X-force is Logan's team, I agree they could shuffle the membership and would even welcome a new writer but Logan is leading X-force and Cable is currently doing **** on Mars.

Yes. That was the point. That Logan decided to leave and rejoins the main X-men team. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. Percy said in a recent interview that something happens with Logan that starts to put distance between him and X-Force, so I was just going from there and assuming he leaves and then Cable takes it back over. Not that Nathan forcibly removes him from command or anything like that.

I know it was stated earlier that some having to many titles with X-Men in it maybe weird for this era but I also feel like it may help some of these titles

Or use names of teams they havent used like X-Men Acolytes or X-Men Brotherhood.

I really would like just an adventure team that has more fun. X-treme X-Men was that vibe for me.

And honestly give Vita Ayala the New X-Men title and just have them streamline the cast. (Even though I think theyre are good a juggling a bigger cast)

And I'm honestly surprised they havent brought Uncanny X-Men back but I dont know which title we could convert to that. Maybe Marauders? Since they don't really use that boat anymore.

Astonishing Member

I've wanted a book like this for awhile, but the Legion of X #3 preview reignited my desire for it. Ora Serrata mentions to Zsen that there are lots of Arakkii mercenary bands leaving Arakko to seek their fortunes or adventures elsewhere. I just think there could be a really fun book if like, one of those groups won a spaceship via some bet or challenge in Port Prometheus and just jetted off to be a roving band of mercenary mutants throughout the galaxy, exploring this new reality they're now in, post-Amenth. They'd be like an inverse Guardians of the Galaxy book, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I've wanted a book like this for awhile, but the Legion of X #3 preview reignited my desire for it. Ora Serrata mentions to Zsen that there are lots of Arakkii mercenary bands leaving Arakko to seek their fortunes or adventures elsewhere. I just think there could be a really fun book if like, one of those groups won a spaceship via some bet or challenge in Port Prometheus and just jetted off to be a roving band of mercenary mutants throughout the galaxy, exploring this new reality they're now in, post-Amenth. They'd be like an inverse Guardians of the Galaxy book, lol.
    That sounds like my dream book. The shi'ar are nice n all, but I want some more aliens.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I wonder if the Arakki will start a mass migration at some point, and leave Mars for friendly alien civilizations. It has been mentioned that many of them are disapponted on both Apocalypse/Genesis Darwinist creed, and on Arakko's form of government (that allows people like Isca and Tarn to be part of their ruling council...).

Hell, I wonder if many of the most enterprising Krakoans will leave once they get tired of drinking by the beach all the time... Wanda's Waiting Room probably isn't restricted by distance, so people like Madison Jeffries, Oya, Nekra, Bling and Shark girl could go out to space and become space traders. Or people like Mole and Magma and Madison Jeffries could go to the Spartax Empire and start a mining business...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-04-2022 at 03:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I wonder if the Arakki will start a mass migration at some point, and leave Mars for friendly alien civilizations. It has been mentioned that many of them are disapponted on both Apocalypse/Genesis Darwinist creed, and on Arakko's form of government (that people like allows Isca and Tarn to be part of their ruling council...).

Hell, I wonder if many of the most enterprising Krakoans will leave once they get tired of drinking on the beach all the time... Wanda's Waiting Room probably isn't restricted by distance, so people like Madison Jeffries, Oya, Nekra, Bling and Shark girl could go out to space and become space traders. Or people like Mole and Magma and Madison Jeffries could go to the Spartax Empire and start a mining business...
    Tbh, one of my bigger criticisms of this era has always been that even if Inferno and the FCBD Judgment Day prologue claimed it was Moira's plan to keep mutants all gathered in one spot, given all the other major mutant figures' focus on ensuring longterm mutant survival, there's an easy fix to different mutants having different views/approaches to what they think their society should look like:

Create lifeboat civilizations.

Exactly what you're describing.....given that mutants can terraform lifeless planets into habitable ones, and the ease of gateway travel, its honestly to the BENEFIT of the Quiet Council's stated goals to help various mutant communities like....spread out and start their own societies elsewhere, where they're free to do things their own way. Thus ensuring that any attack on even BOTH Krakoa and Arakko can never truly wipe out all of mutantkind.