Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Did resurrected Madelyne come with an attitude adjustment?
    That remains to be seen Magik is training her to become the new ruler of Limbo because she is just beyond done with that whole place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    That remains to be seen Magik is training her to become the new ruler of Limbo because she is just beyond done with that whole place.
    Is something wrong with Madelyne's memory implant? Shouldn't Maddie remember Inferno.

Is something wrong with Madelyne's memory implant? Shouldn't Maddie remember Inferno.
    Did resurrected Madelyne come with an attitude adjustment?
    Vita touched on this in X-Men Monday. She kind of did and didn’t. She is…….placated. Apathetic.

AIPT: That was all great and makes a lot of sense! Madelyne certainly seems a lot calmer since we saw her in Zeb’s first Hellions arc. Where would you say Madelyne’s head is at in the Destiny of X era, post-Krakoan resurrection?

Vita: To me, she wants a space free of the crushing expectations (“good” and bad) of the people who know who she is. While technically Krakoa is a “second chance,” it doesn’t feel that way to her. But she knows she has to be more calculated in that than she was in Hellions. We know she can be incredibly subtle when she wants to be, as much as she can be buck ass wild haha!

The way Resurrection works (to my understanding), too, has allowed her to heal some of the immediate mental wounds from Hellions (or rather, given her scar tissue instead of a sucking wound). We’ve seen this happen with other characters, but with Maddie how I am viewing it is similar to what happened to Lilith at the beginning of Dawn/Xenogenesis #1 (by Octavia Butler) during the long rests. She remembers it all, even the feelings, but her mind has been given time to rest and heal and so she is less reacting and more processing.

So, in a sense, her problems aren’t solved and she remembers it all perfectly, but she isn’t genocidal at the moment.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, I could see Astra advocating for Joseph's resurrection, just for the sake of her ego alone - she's like, I did that, I made him, thus all things he accomplishes are kinda like kudos to me, y'know? Course, Joseph hates Astra's manipulative guts every bit as much as Magneto does, if not more, but that's never been the sort of thing that would stop Astra. She'd just be like 'nah nah nah, mutant amnesty, that was back then, can't get mad! Now say thank you for getting you resurrected! You're welcome!'

Tbh more than Joseph, I just want Astra back and focused on a bit more in this era. She's awful, but she's a great schemer and I don't believe for a second that she wouldn't be chomping at the bit to make the most of Krakoa and build a power base for herself. She's definitely someone who could be built up as a great internal villain and antagonist for the current books.

(My dream lineup of possible overlooked or under-used mutants who could be very influential and potential movers-and-shakers stirring up all kinds of drama and fueling all kinds of plots on Krakoa, a lot of them enemies of various Quiet Council members in particular: Astra, Astrid Bloom, Jack O'Diamonds, Haven, Empyrean, Gamesmaster, Gideon, King Bedlam, Bianca LaNiege - yes I know that last one isn't a confirmed mutant but her powers' origins are vague enough she could have been a latent mutant, and I always liked her powers, design, and an Emma-specific enemy could make for some great stories).
    I would love to see that line-up. I wonder if Haven would be more benevolent without the Adversary's influence over her. She seemed like a well-intentioned person who was largely tricked into doing horrible things. But then again, she was ultimately willing to do those horrible things for "the greater good," so who knows. I don't know if she was ever technically declared a mutant - I think her powers came from the Adversary - but it would be easy to retcon her into having the X-Gene, and saying that the Adversary just awakened her latent powers. Her brother was a mutant as well. And Empyrean! I didn't think anyone remembered Mr. "Killed off in a Burger King promo comic tie-in." Something involving time travel, I think. He was one of those "rich guy who seems too good to be true and of course is secretly evil" types.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Vita touched on this in X-Men Monday. She kind of did and didn’t. She is…….placated. Apathetic.

AIPT: That was all great and makes a lot of sense! Madelyne certainly seems a lot calmer since we saw her in Zeb’s first Hellions arc. Where would you say Madelyne’s head is at in the Destiny of X era, post-Krakoan resurrection?

Vita: To me, she wants a space free of the crushing expectations (“good” and bad) of the people who know who she is. While technically Krakoa is a “second chance,” it doesn’t feel that way to her. But she knows she has to be more calculated in that than she was in Hellions. We know she can be incredibly subtle when she wants to be, as much as she can be buck ass wild haha!

The way Resurrection works (to my understanding), too, has allowed her to heal some of the immediate mental wounds from Hellions (or rather, given her scar tissue instead of a sucking wound). We’ve seen this happen with other characters, but with Maddie how I am viewing it is similar to what happened to Lilith at the beginning of Dawn/Xenogenesis #1 (by Octavia Butler) during the long rests. She remembers it all, even the feelings, but her mind has been given time to rest and heal and so she is less reacting and more processing.

So, in a sense, her problems aren’t solved and she remembers it all perfectly, but she isn’t genocidal at the moment.

Getting rid of those smelly rags she's not wearing would help a lot too....

Astonishing Member

Xavier would resurrect him anyway and then he’d lose his seat on arrako. Instant drama.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, I could see Astra advocating for Joseph's resurrection, just for the sake of her ego alone - she's like, I did that, I made him, thus all things he accomplishes are kinda like kudos to me, y'know? Course, Joseph hates Astra's manipulative guts every bit as much as Magneto does, if not more, but that's never been the sort of thing that would stop Astra. She'd just be like 'nah nah nah, mutant amnesty, that was back then, can't get mad! Now say thank you for getting you resurrected! You're welcome!'

Tbh more than Joseph, I just want Astra back and focused on a bit more in this era. She's awful, but she's a great schemer and I don't believe for a second that she wouldn't be chomping at the bit to make the most of Krakoa and build a power base for herself. She's definitely someone who could be built up as a great internal villain and antagonist for the current books.

(My dream lineup of possible overlooked or under-used mutants who could be very influential and potential movers-and-shakers stirring up all kinds of drama and fueling all kinds of plots on Krakoa, a lot of them enemies of various Quiet Council members in particular: Astra, Astrid Bloom, Jack O'Diamonds, Haven, Empyrean, Gamesmaster, Gideon, King Bedlam, Bianca LaNiege - yes I know that last one isn't a confirmed mutant but her powers' origins are vague enough she could have been a latent mutant, and I always liked her powers, design, and an Emma-specific enemy could make for some great stories).
    Is Haven a mutant? I thought her powers came from the baby inside her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Is Haven a mutant? I thought her powers came from the baby inside her.
    Its one of those things where it could go either way, I think? Like, her powers were said to be from the unborn baby, which was the Adversary, but given that her brother Monsoon was a mutant, I think there's an argument to be made that the whole reason the Adversary picked her baby to possess or whatever, is because either Haven or the baby had dormant powers that the Adversary could exploit.

Like I tend to assume that Haven was a mutant or a latent mutant, but if she were brought back, her actual powers wouldn't necessarily be the same as what they were when she was pregnant with the Adversary, or if they are the same, they might not necessarily be as potent, as the Adversary was jazzing them up for his own use.

Part of why I'd like Haven back is actually because I wouldn't expect her powers to look the same....I kinda have a thing for the story potential of characters significant to the X-books but who have the potential to be reinvented or expanded upon in whatever ways modern writers want. Like, I would like to see the Moreau siblings on Krakoa for the same reason.

(Thomas and Philip Moreau were both latent mutants and the sons of the Genegineer who created the mutate process on Genosha....activating latent mutants' powers and conditioning/controlling them so their powers could then be exploited by the Genoshan government. Thomas was subjected to the process by his own father, becoming Zealot, a powerful terrakinetic capable of manipulating the earth and augmenting his own strength by tapping into geothermal power....and after Magneto took over Genosha, Zealot was one of the lead rebels against his rule, eventually being killed by Magneto, who trapped him in metal and hurled him into space. So he would not be a fan of Mags upon his return, lol, but might be someone who could build up a pretty strong powerbase for himself among Krakoans since he's got an extremely sympathetic backstory, a history as a leader, etc. Philip is also a latent mutant, but he was never subjected to the process, and thus we never saw what his powers were or might be and thus they could be anything, but he also turned on pre-Magneto Genosha due to what was done to his brother, and his girlfriend Jenny Ransome being a latent mutant whose powers were activated by the Genegineer's process. Like, I just think the Moreau brothers have the perfect history to be extremely complicated but notable figures in Krakoan society, and for them to have a really complicated and angsty sibling dynamic too).

Incredible Member

Why not? He could be named Magento :P

She wasn’t even in Inferno. Oh, Nevermind. You meant Inferno, not Inferno.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”