Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Kind of hard to gather info on a sneak attack

On the other hand, such an egregious breach of the Eternal Principles is probably what motivates the Progentitor to wake up
    The Eternals snuck inside the Progenitor's head and beat the crap out of his spirit/soul/ghost/whatever... I don't think he can be any more pissed at the Eternals than he already is, no matter what they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ok, how ridiculous overpowered are the Eternals?! The can fight several omega level mutants at once. ah, come one..............
    Eternals ARE overpowered; each one of them has the combined powers of a whole team of Alpha mutants... but Uranus is in a league of his own... he has been implied to be a serious threat even to Thanos, and Thanos has curbstomped whole teams of heroes that had Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, the Thing, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer... etc., in them, has fought Odin (the old Allfather Odin, not the latest Chump Odin) as an equal for several minutes, and has slowed down Galactus himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Hey lay off her, maybe her powers decided to get her put of there, we dont know how those things work. But again it could be because she wants the ring eradicated for low key dragging her the last issue. She might want them to beg for her help.
    Why would she be angry? They couldn't drag her unless she allowed them... she could win any debate or any dialectic battle if she just chose to...
    Last edited by Habis; 06-30-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would not be shocked if we find out cable's death's are part of his plan. He is the only one to be updated with his memories up to the point with how he got killed in the same book we just saw Roberto who got his neck snapped but was missing two days. Every time he has been reborn there was specific thing that he wanted to have upgraded or was testing out. So either cable was lucky and his last back up just happened to be right before he died or he has some way of making sure he stores his memories and they are implanted when he comes back. Then the purposeful hiding of the techno virus, it didnt say it reverted back but rather he wanted it to look like it use to.
    Man, that would be awesome if it was all part of his plan and he comes back powered up somehow to help defeat the Eternals. Fingers crossed.

Ewing has a plan for most things. Best to let him do his work. But it's fun to speculate and from the evidence you are unto something.
    Yeah, if there’s one writer in the Marvel stable who might actually have a cool plan like this in mind for Cable, it’s Ewing. Don’t let me down, Al!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The Eternals snuck inside the Progenitor's head and beat the crap out of his spirit/soul/ghost/whatever... I don't think he can be any more pissed at the Eternals than he already is, no matter what they do...

Eternals ARE overpowered; each one of them has the combined powers of a whole team of Alpha mutants... but Uranus is in a league of his own... he has been implied to be a serious threat even to Thanos, and Thanos has curbstomped whole teams of heroes that had Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, the Thing, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer... etc., in them, has fought Odin (the old Allfather Odin, not the latest Chump Odin) as an equal for several minutes, and has slowed down Galactus himself...

Why would she be angry? They couldn't drag her unless she allowed them... she could win any debate or any dialectic battle if she just chose to...
    I think isca is just petty like that. Remember all these centuries of endless victories has made her sharp and cruel.

Also the eternals thing laryocukarly thanks and uranos. It feels like uranos wont survive this event. Likely will die or be imprisoned for a very long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Mutants are just as ridiculously overpowered as the Eternals if not more so, here we actually have a group of people capable of going head to head and toe to toe with mutants on an even footing. I just hope the Eternals doesn't get jobbed out and makes a good showing of it. But Gillen has explicitly stated that the Eternals are the bad guys so I fully expect the X-men to curbstomp them. Eternals strike first gets a few licks in then proceeds to catch a beatdown, game set match; mutants for the win. As if this event could end any other way.
    Me in this I feel like in sheer power the mutants vastly outclass the eternals. The omega mutants have no limit to their powers that alone is worth... well an incalculable amount of eternals. We all saw what bobby could do when he pushed himself he literally could freeze reality itself. But the eternals have one thing over the mutants and that is experience. The experience of millions of years. But with precogs on the mutants side that could still shift the scales to mutants favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    OH, I thought the mutants were going to get Curbstomped throughout the WHOLE event. But I like your idea.
    Realistically mutants can win easily... take Ora for example all she has to do is look at uranos and he is erased from existence. Like that siperceeded anything he has. But simply because erasing him will ensure the destruction of the planet she will likely not do it.

Realistically mutants can win easily... take Ora for example all she has to do is look at uranos and he is erased from existence. Like that siperceeded anything he has. But simply because erasing him will ensure the destruction of the planet she will likely not do it.
    Isn't Khora an Omega Level Mutant enhancer? Why not use her to amp Magneto and have Lodus supply him with unlimited adamantium or even Mysterium which is turning out to be a real revelation.

Me in this I feel like in sheer power the mutants vastly outclass the eternals. The omega mutants have no limit to their powers that alone is worth... well an incalculable amount of eternals. We all saw what bobby could do when he pushed himself he literally could freeze reality itself. But the eternals have one thing over the mutants and that is experience. The experience of millions of years. But with precogs on the mutants side that could still shift the scales to mutants favour.
    True, Omegas are more powerful than most Eternals, but I doubt they would do well against Thanos, whose power basically is "I am the most powerful bastard in the room, because plot demands it", and Uranus seems to be Thanos 2.0.

Yeah, they will defeat Uranus in the end, but only after receiving a good wallop, to show how powerful Uranus is...

Also, the Eternals are supposed to have activated a bunch of ancient Celestial mechas that would make Nimrod look like a child's toy (of course we know the mutants will destroy these Celestial giant robots with ease, while Nimrod will kill millions of mutants before falling, because Nimrod is a well-known villain and the Celestial kaijus are not...).

Wait wait! Nathan is a telepath so maybe Uranos holding his skull is an illusion, buying the Arakki time to retreat and regroup. Jean just did it in X-Men. Do we know if telepathy works on Uranos?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    It's not a really a sneak attack, according to the motion comic they know.
    Not a sneak attack but definitely a preemptive strike

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wait wait! Nathan is a telepath so maybe Uranos holding his skull is an illusion, buying the Arakki time to retreat and regroup. Jean just did it in X-Men. Do we know if telepathy works on Uranos?
    All Eternals are telepaths, and Uranus resisted the combined assault of all other 99 Eternals for years without buckling... so telepathy doesn't work very well on him...

But of course, the writer could just dismiss that and make Uranus vulnerable to telepathy so Mentallo and Nathan can play a role in defeating him...

I feel like Bishop is somewhere like.

"Remember that war college i kept mentioning over and over?"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Messy Fessy is a mutant?

All Eternals are telepaths, and Uranus resisted the combined assault of all other 99 Eternals for years without buckling... so telepathy doesn't work very well on him...

But of course, the writer could just dismiss that and make Uranus vulnerable to telepathy so Mentallo and Nathan can play a role in defeating him...
    Well, F***. Nevermind.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I wonder what Brand is doing in there. She'll be crushed like a bug.
    As much as that would warm my heart, i doubt it...if anything Cable is going going to die again here.

I don't read Eternals so i have to ask, what are Magneto's chances here against him?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    As much as that would warm my heart, i doubt it...if anything Cable is going going to die again here.

I don't read Eternals so i have to ask, what are Magneto's chances here against him?
    Well, from what Habis posted here previously:

True, Omegas are more powerful than most Eternals, but I doubt they would do well against Thanos, whose power basically is "I am the most powerful bastard in the room, because plot demands it", and Uranus seems to be Thanos 2.0.

Yeah, they will defeat Uranus in the end, but only after receiving a good wallop, to show how powerful Uranus is...

Also, the Eternals are supposed to have activated a bunch of ancient Celestial mechas that would make Nimrod look like a child's toy (of course we know the mutants will destroy these Celestial giant robots with ease, while Nimrod will kill millions of mutants before falling, because Nimrod is a well-known villain and the Celestial kaijus are not...).
    Magneto's chances are low unless Uranos gets nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then