Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The only way i can see magneto dying right now is if one of his children take over his seat of loss. otherwise it would seem a tad anticlimactic. but then most deaths are i guess.
    I feel like he will die for Arrako and then get the respect from the Arrakans who will honor him similar to Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Anyone know when this beauty of an issue is set to be released?
    August 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Hank Pym made a set of Quantum Bands in order to keep a boy from dying of cancer. He never created another set, either to fight cancer, or to give himself more power (I mean, can you imagine how powerful would Hank Pym be if he had Captain Mar-vell powers? Why didn't he use them?!).
    Just how much bullshit did Pym come up with?

The Sundown serum makes anybody powerful enough to fight the combined might of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men; it grants super-strength and durability, regeneration, size-changing powers, teleportation, light manipulation and darkforce manipulation powers... and the guy who created it is still around, alive and unemployed... anybody could hire him, and BAM! An army of a million super-soldiers, each of them able to beat the crap of any superhero team suddenly appears!
    Man, surprising something this busted showed up in a Spidey comics lol.

Weirdly enough, Norman talks like there are similarities between Sundown's serum and the Goblin Serum that Stromm came up with, you'd figure Norman would try to find out how to replicate something like that if it's that similar, since he knew how to mess around with Stromm's formula.

Speaking of busted things in Spidey's comic, Parker Particles, something that is related to the expansion of the universe itself, allegedly stronger than the Phoenix Force (Reed says so, but it was used too briefly and lacks the feats to back that up, then again, the powers are supposed to grow over time), both Spidey and Reed know about it, neither bother to use it.

At least Jackal tried to make use of it by cloning Alpha, who had Parker Particles, but Parker Particles didn't change his DNA, so cloning him does nothing.

While not nearly as powerful as either of those, the scientists that gave Rhino his power and suit are still alive, after Hulk was defeated in ASM#43, they showed up again in Incredible Hulk#104 to give give him a stronger version of the Rhino suit, and even used gamma rays on him, which's absurd because Rhino never hulked out, yet, they only cared about doing experiments on Rhino, and no one else, despite how fucking powerful having more than one Rhino running around.

Admittedly, both in ASM#42 and IH#104, it was mentioned that giving Rhino his powers takes forever, but that hardly means that Aleksei should be the only one getting 'em if they cared about using those powers on someone else.

Enchantress could turn any woman into Valkyrie (And she can choose over whether or not the woman keeps her personality or Valkyrie's), she mostly never bothered to have someone else with Valkyrie's strength working with her, nor did she care about getting Valkyrie back when they met again.

Back in original Secret Wars, the atmosphere of Battleworld had remains of the energy from Doom's battle with Beyonder, only Cap bothered to use it to fix his shield, nobody else thought about using it for something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I am very worried that Mags is gonna die, but something I would just love to see is Uranos show up, beat up a few of Magneto's new friends and then I would love to see Mags just absolutely STOMP Uranos. They could make it the Eternals "Oh ****!" moment that causes them to release those Kaiju. Total Magneto fan wank I know, but I would be all in on that.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    August 3.

Just how much bullshit did Pym come up with?

Man, surprising something this busted showed up in a Spidey comics lol.

Weirdly enough, Norman talks like there are similarities between Sundown's serum and the Goblin Serum that Stromm came up with, you'd figure Norman would try to find out how to replicate something like that if it's that similar, since he knew how to mess around with Stromm's formula.

Speaking of busted things in Spidey's comic, Parker Particles, something that is related to the expansion of the universe itself, allegedly stronger than the Phoenix Force (Reed says so, but it was used too briefly and lacks the feats to back that up, then again, the powers are supposed to grow over time), both Spidey and Reed know about it, neither bother to use it.

At least Jackal tried to make use of it by cloning Alpha, who had Parker Particles, but Parker Particles didn't change his DNA, so cloning him does nothing.

While not nearly as powerful as either of those, the scientists that gave Rhino his power and suit are still alive, after Hulk was defeated in ASM#43, they showed up again in Incredible Hulk#104 to give give him a stronger version of the Rhino suit, and even used gamma rays on him, which's absurd because Rhino never hulked out, yet, they only cared about doing experiments on Rhino, and no one else, despite how fucking powerful having more than one Rhino running around.

Admittedly, both in ASM#42 and IH#104, it was mentioned that giving Rhino his powers takes forever, but that hardly means that Aleksei should be the only one getting 'em if they cared about using those powers on someone else.

Enchantress could turn any woman into Valkyrie (And she can choose over whether or not the woman keeps her personality or Valkyrie's), she mostly never bothered to have someone else with Valkyrie's strength working with her, nor did she care about getting Valkyrie back when they met again.

Back in original Secret Wars, the atmosphere of Battleworld had remains of the energy from Doom's battle with Beyonder, only Cap bothered to use it to fix his shield, nobody else thought about using it for something else.
    I suspect the Parker Particles are related to the Zero Force, an energy source powerful enough to defeat Galactus, but so unstable that you risk destroying the whole universe when you use it...

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Mutants are just as ridiculously overpowered as the Eternals if not more so, here we actually have a group of people capable of going head to head and toe to toe with mutants on an even footing. I just hope the Eternals doesn't get jobbed out and makes a good showing of it. But Gillen has explicitly stated that the Eternals are the bad guys so I fully expect the X-men to curbstomp them. Eternals strike first gets a few licks in then proceeds to catch a beatdown, game set match; mutants for the win. As if this event could end any other way.
    THIS!!! I don't care who wins as long as a good story gets told and the mutants come out the other end changed in interesting ways, for better and worse. But I have a feeling the Eternals and their intergalactic war machines just get steamrolled because it's an X-men story with no real thought behind how mutants can kill the collective might of demi-gods.

(Same for most comic writing, I find it more entertaining if the bad guys can and do win, at least for a time, and then the good guys have to react and adapt to save the day.)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

It looks great and Ewing knows how to do a great event tie in.

So I'm excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I am very worried that Mags is gonna die, but something I would just love to see is Uranos show up, beat up a few of Magneto's new friends and then I would love to see Mags just absolutely STOMP Uranos. They could make it the Eternals "Oh ****!" moment that causes them to release those Kaiju. Total Magneto fan wank I know, but I would be all in on that.
    Well, if the choice is “Magneto fan wank” versus “Uranos fan wank,” I’ll take the former.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Agreed. I'd love to see Magneto completely cut loose and take all his recent frustrations out on Uranos. An epic knock-down drag out scene.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I like reading this book. But I really really hope Magneto or Cable kicking this cliche's a@&. He is a poor man's Darkseid fused together with Apocalypse. How the hell is he even a likable character?
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-03-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I like reading this book. But I really really hope Magneto or Cable kicking this cliche's a@&. He is a poor man's Darkseid fused together with Apocalypse. How the hell is he even a likable character?
    lol I'm also not quite sure how such a plagiarism of a character could get introduced. In general, I cannot take the Eternals seriously. they seem convoluted and way too overpowered...

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    lol I'm also not quite sure how such a plagiarism of a character could get introduced. In general, I cannot take the Eternals seriously. they seem convoluted and way too overpowered...
    I'm not particularly an Eternals fan, but I always thought that was the point. They seem to only exist to give scale to other characters in a 'There's always someone a rung up the ladder from you' sort of way. Specifically when talking about the Omegas like Magneto and Avengers like Dr. Strange. And that's why I will be disappointed if they show up just to get beat down. If the mutants have their own thriving society and are the biggest and baddest in the Universe without anyone able to threaten them, what stories are really left to tell?
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Same. Bust out the psimitar, Ewing. So Cable can jump in and help Erik.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, if the choice is “Magneto fan wank” versus “Uranos fan wank,” I’ll take the former.
    I'm still hoping my Cable fan wank is going to happen.

Issue 3 cover shows Magneto getting his ass kicked by Tarn and people predicted that Magneto was going to kick the bucket.

I'm hoping that the same is true for Cable, maybe he'll die after a good fight or maybe he gets disintegrated but then reforms his body with his TK, after all it looks like skeleton Cable in the cover is still using his powers while the TO arm melts off.

Plus the trailer showed Uranos being particularly interested in Cables skull, my prediction is that Cable is going to cut lose ignoring his TO virus and surprises Uranos and Uranos looking at Cables skull is him sort of acknowledging him as a worthy/dangerous opponent.

You and me both, MkDiz. You and me both. Let’s hope he finally gets a boss showing after all this time and cuts loose with his powers.

Like I said, would love to see him break out the psimitar to help him channel his powers and focus/control them when he fully utilizes them. That would be cool if Ewing remembers that weapon and what it can do and actually uses it.

BANNED

I don't care about Eternals. But damn this character is almost a parody(and not in a good way) with this established characters like Darkseid. His history with the Eternals is almost ditto as Darkseid's relation with New Gods. I mean I know Kirby took inspiration for Eternals from his own creations but that doesn't justify his revival