Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Technically he was created way back in the 70s/80s when they were trying to square the origins of Thanos and the Titans; but basically yes he’s only really existed for the current Eternals storyline
    The original Uranos was said to be a clone of this one by Gillen himself for some reason:

(Eternals: The Heretic)

"... with some patched-together terrible clone of you."

What a weird, throw-away line to retcon something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh yeah knull I had totally forgotten about that guy.
    All that hype only to be casually killed off by being thrown into the sun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Attachment 122480 this is how he looked
    Attachment 122481 this is how he looked now...

What the fuk happened to him??
    The human looking one was retconned into being a half-assed clone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I mean that was a what if issue. I don't know if it's counts as a canon as per the issue itself. In my headcanon this feel like Uranos might have transformed himself to that form by using celestial technology just like Uxas did with omega effect lmao
    The What ifs related to Eternals were canon to 616 since they were being explained/retconned how they're part of 616 (Since originally they weren't).

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When Sersi was in the Avengers, she was at least Thor and Vision level.
    Which isn't saying much cuz Jean and Rachel could probably beat Thor or Vision.
    Telepathy was shown to not work that well on Thor, so there's telekinesis but even if they could win, I doubt it'd be easy.

Unless we're talking about Aaron's Thor, that guy could be beaten by a 4 year old kid with leukemia.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

I am not sure this still make much sense. Why would the Eternals clone him to some human form? It's not like they were trying to make this much of a secret because his clone version is human lol

I am not sure this still make much sense. Why would the Eternals clone him to some human form? It's not like they were trying to make this much of a secret because his clone version is human lol
    It is said the clone wasn't well made and rushed, so I can see why that looks different, why he looks like a human is anyone's guess though...

That aside, yeah, it's a really weird situation, it's like Gillen wanted to make an OC with a past connected with everyone else, and to not make it too intrusive, made him have Uranos' name, while making the original Uranos into some half-assed clone for some reason (Though admittedly, it doesn't look like the original Uranos did much after the original What if issues), it's pretty weird... Time will tell if he's gonna be interesting I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Weapons the Great Ring has at their disposal, which I would like to see factor into this fight, because like....they should, lol:

1) Seat of Victory - If ever there was an opportunity to see Isca's power used as a literal gamechanger, it would be this. There shouldn't be any possibility of her power turning her to side with Uranos as a path to victory given Uranos literally desires the deaths of even those who ally with him, so it should be a straight up fight between an omega level tychokinetic who is supposed to be unbeatable against any singular foe.

2) Seat of Stalemate - Idyll is an omega level precog, theoretically with no end to the futures she can perceive or the depths to which she can scry the future. If there's a path to victory over Uranos, a way to defeat him or save Arakko or mutants from him and the Eternals' arsenal, she should be able to find it. Of course, the clear caveat to her power is just because such a future possibility is out there, and just because its within her power to find it, theoretically the process of combing near infinite possible futures could be very time-consuming and she might not be able to find the necessary path in time for it to make a difference.

3) Seat of Loss - If ever there was a time to remember that Magneto isn't just 'guy who throws metal around' but 'guy who can shred the magnetic fields of an entire planet when mid-hissy fit' like, it would be now. Magneto is an omega level manipulator of one of the four primal forces of the universe. Make it work, bitch.

4) Seat of Below Us - We honestly don't know enough about how Sobunar's power even works, beyond containing an entire oceanic ecosystem within his veins. There's more to it than that, I'm pretty sure, its just not enough info to know for sure one way or another. But considering all the oceans of Mars and everything in them originally came from within his body, I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least, he has control of that which originated within him, like a mental symbiosis with said oceans as the literal father of them. There's a lot that can be done with that.

5) Seat of All-Around-Us - LOL we've talked up the implications and possible extensions or extrapolations of Storm's powers in her thread at length, so safe to say, there's a bunch she should be able to do here and I hope to see it.

6) Seat of Above Us - Lactuca's IMO one of THE most powerful and versatile of the Great Ring's omegas, and I hope to see her making out like a boss in this fight. Not only is she the omega level version of Manifold's powerset, with him able to do things like throw around space stations via teleportation portals, sidestep through reality by making windows and holes in the universe for him to peek through without anyone outside his spy-hole being able to interact with him, and transport miniature suns in pockets of folded space/time that protect everyone from them until he unleashes them as a weapon......like, if Manifold can do all that, and Lactuca's the UPGRADED version of his ability....I'm just saying, I need to see Lactuca UNLEASHED. But like, on top of that, she additionally can use her ability to know where EVERYTHING is, this being the source of her title The Knower, and with it explicitly cited that she's able to even chart where things are conceptually, or use this power to know what's in someone's heart and other abstract ideas. If Uranos has a weakness, Lactuca should know how to find it, and quite frankly, I'm not sure why she can't just teleport him off-world and ask the universe to dump him in a black hole somewhere, where the singularity effect would prevent any failsafe of his from ever activating anyway.

7) Seat of History - Like Sobunar, we really still don't know that much about how Xilo's power even works, so he's another one I'm hoping to see get a good workout in this fight, so we get a more thorough glimpse of his powers. Obviously a form of geokinesis is part of it, but I think there's more to it than just that. But either way, much like Sobunar might be able to wield the seas themselves against Uranos, and Ororo the skies, I'm guessing Xilo might be able to turn the land itself into a weapon against him, on an omega level aka global scale.

8) Seat of Dreams - If there's no upper limit to the amount or kind of metal Lodus Logos can create, I hope we're not just going to see him spitting swords at Uranos. What about conjuring a literal mountain of vibranium or even mysterium around Uranos and trying to insta-entomb him that way?

9) Seat of Law - As others have pointed out, Ora Serrata's power alone should be an insta-deathblow if she can use it to blink GODS out of existence. That said, Uranos has fought and beaten gods before, so perhaps they're going with the idea that he's somehow able to just shrug off her power in a way lesser beings can't - though that seems to be a pretty clear limit to her power, if he can withstand it, but eh, whatever. Still, at the very least, I expect Ora to be MVP when it comes to the squad's defense. Maybe she can't blink Uranos out of existence, or maybe she holds off on doing that because Idyll or Lactuca detect his failsafes or Storm or Magneto get word of them from Earth.....but Ora still should be able to banish any attack Uranos sends their way. Wouldn't mind seeing Uranos cockily unleashing the kind of destructive blast he once used to take out half of Lemuria in a single attack....only to see him go whuh?? when it fizzles out before hitting its target because Ora just looked at it and cast shade.
    Unless Ewing is willing to write some Morpheus vs Chorozon type of duel, most of the Great Ring are either too powerful and abstract to the point where they would end the event in a couple of panels, or they are too abstract to the point they are useless in a straigh up fight, either way I doubt the character Gillen have been building up for a few issues in his Eternals run will be erased by Serrata's evil eye.

The promotional material have been saying we will see what Uranos can do in a hour, my prediction is that for some shenanigans he would only be allowed/able to participate for a hour, so he probably will show up, cause a shitload of damage, get locked in a fight with Magneto for a while until his hour runs out he have to bolt out of the fight.
    Other possibility is that Storm will show up and one shot him, like she have done since Ewing started driving.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 07-04-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Yeah perfect copy.
    Well soem villain archetype are powerfull
    /popular and for good reason.
    But sometimes the most eponymous ones get bit overused and you need some replacement that fit the same role. At least temporary. That's the logic. Honestly, once got the explanation of everything, I kind of warmed on new Uranous. In fact considering the history of the character, the old, relatively nice, one(the clone) kind was weird out of character(not that he had much character to start with was just a flashback background character. Supporting cast of spiderman had much much deeper backstory....to be honest they have much Korean baclstory of even ,ain't MU heroes is scary.)

Astonishing Member

Regarding Uranos’ clone, since he probably didn’t tell his own followers about the deadman switch; Druig likely made the Uranites think Uranos had been regenerated by the Machine, hence not having the corruption/machine inflicted desiccation Uranos has from his genocide of Lemuria and his fight with Oceanus and Kronos

And since it was unstable, exactly what happened to the Uranites was bound to happen

BANNED

Well soem villain archetype are powerfull
    /popular and for good reason.
    But sometimes the most eponymous ones get bit overused and you need some replacement that fit the same role. At least temporary. That's the logic. Honestly, once got the explanation of everything, I kind of warmed on new Uranous. In fact considering the history of the character, the old, relatively nice, one(the clone) kind was weird out of character(not that he had much character to start with was just a flashback background character. Supporting cast of spiderman had much much deeper backstory....to be honest they have much Korean baclstory of even ,ain't MU heroes is scary.)
    You can put someone on the same role without cliching overused archetype. There are other popular villains like Magneto, Vadar, Chigurh, Agent Smith, Joker(especially) who have played the big bad. The actual problem isnt with popularity or power. The problem is how much "shallow" is this archetype.Darkseid was created decades and decades ago when Kirby has only started creating new characters. Hence there was little to no complexity towards this archetype. Obviously they became more complex over the decades. But the creation itself is generic in current fiction.
    The same goes to Uranos plus the writing itself is almost "carbon copied" from Darkseid's character that it doesnt justify its creation regardless of its archetype's popularity and how much powerful they or whatever.

BANNED

Not all Marvel fans follow DC. I don’t. So Urania being a rip off of Darkseid does not affect my enjoyment in the slightest. I’m looking forward to his invasion of Arrako.

You can put someone on the same role without cliching overused archetype. There are other popular villains like Magneto, Vadar, Chigurh, Agent Smith, Joker(especially) who have played the big bad. The actual problem isnt with popularity or power. The problem is how much "shallow" is this archetype.Darkseid was created decades and decades ago when Kirby has only started creating new characters. Hence there was little to no complexity towards this archetype. Obviously they became more complex over the decades. But the creation itself is generic in current fiction.
    The same goes to Uranos plus the writing itself is almost "carbon copied" from Darkseid's character that it doesnt justify its creation regardless of its archetype's popularity and how much powerful they or whatever.
    You have a point here. In the end it will all depend on the writing, an archetype and tropes can help, but without solid writing behind them, they turn out into shallow and grotesque parodies worth only a chuckle at best. So we will see only when the story is over.

I dont get why yall are saying uranos and to an extent apocalypse are dark side rip offs. These Three are very different charachters with different motivations with very different outlooks and very different power sets. Uranos I hear is a cryokinetic? With superstrngth and what have you and apocalypse is a self molecular manipulator and dark side is evil incarnate. The thing is apocalypse and uranos arent even evil they are just misguided philosophers who need to be checked because their philosophies are very evil they genuinely believe they are doing good.... or maybe it's a look thing? Cause if so then I get the angle but aside that these three charchters done even resemble each other. Worst of all is people saying thanos is like dark side when thanos has an actual personality
    Last edited by Reigna; 07-06-2022 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wait you don't actually think that Magneto is going to die in this filler crossover right? LMAO

Surely you don't...
    Magneto is sad. Magneto wants to die.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 07-06-2022 at 07:49 PM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I dont get why yall are saying uranos and to an extent apocalypse are dark side rip offs. These Three are very different charachters with different motivations with very different outlooks and very different power sets. Uranos I hear is a cryokinetic? With superstrngth and what have you and apocalypse is a self molecular manipulator and dark side is evil incarnate. The thing is apocalypse and uranos arent even evil they are just misguided philosophers who need to be checked because their philosophies are very evil they genuinely believe they are doing good.... or maybe it's a look thing? Cause if so then I get the angle but aside that these three charchters done even resemble each other. Worst of all is people saying thanos is like dark side when thanos has an actual personality
    Is one of thing that upset me too. Yes they share similarities, well duh so Batman and Daredevil but no one say Devil is a copy of Batman. Is like saying everyone with the same surname is related or everyone with the same t-shirt are part of the same club.(the t-shirt saying "Orphan do it better")

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Is Uranos supposed to be a bigger danger than Thanos is???
    The big difference between Uranos and Thanos is what they want, and why.

Thanos wants to kill a lot of the universe, to impress Death.

Uranos wants to kill everything, because he finds them tedious, essentially.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The big difference between Uranos and Thanos is what they want, and why.

Thanos wants to kill a lot of the universe, to impress Death.

Uranos wants to kill everything, because he finds them tedious, essentially.
    I am not sure how is this a 'big' difference aside from scaling how much Thanos wanted to killl half of the universe and Uranus wants to kills pretty the entire universe. Because neither of their motivations sounds to have anything more than shallow. Thanos actually moved on from that motivation and became more complex character. But does that justify for this bland excuse?

BANNED

Is one of thing that upset me too. Yes they share similarities, well duh so Batman and Daredevil but no one say Devil is a copy of Batman. Is like saying everyone with the same surname is related or everyone with the same t-shirt are part of the same club.(the t-shirt saying "Orphan do it better")
    Daredevil is a emotional tumbled and toiled character who only depends upon his fighting capabilities and lawyer skills which can fell short because he isn't like Batman is a billionaire in disguise a caped crusader who works as machine that prepare for everything. They both were created early in the 60s and 40s and they both have different character designs by huge margins.