Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    So, do you think the reason the Great Ring and Storm don't want Isca on the council anymore after A.X.E. is because she sides with the Eternals against mutants because that is the only way for her to "win" again like in Amenth? And I put win in quotations because I wouldn't call siding against the ones you would rather be with "winning". Switching sides and joining the enemy is losing, flat out. Sorry, I just find her powers to be more of a mess and a handicap than impressive. Like her not being able to just decline Roberto's bet. I mean what is up with that? That would be a horrible weakness to have, and something everyone(that can be resurrected on Krakoa) would likely be taking advantage of now. I have enjoyed most of the other Arrako mutants so far and find many of them very interesting, but Isca, and Tarn, would be the exceptions. I am looking forward to Storm taking her on if that is what actually happens in issue 7. Regardless I am sure it will be a fun issue. Ewing has been fantastic on Red.
    In a sense, Isca is like a worse Darwin when it comes to how her powers work. With Darwin, his powers will ensure his survival but how they do so is beyond his control. For her, it seems that she can’t decline a challenge as that would be defeat by default and while she’s destined to win, it doesn’t mean that she’s on the winning side that she wants to be on.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I'm excited for this issue. I can't wait to see them fight, even though they died. But, still a good fight is about to happen. :-)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I like to believe that they actually beat or at least survived uranos. Makes sense, they are literally an entire council of omega mutants hardened by war. But it could be that they were brought back, but I trust ewing will blow us away with what happens.
    If they were hardened by war, then how could they have died so easily this time?

Can they be resurrected by the five?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    If they were hardened by war, then how could they have died so easily this time?

Like I said it could be that they never really dies, nay they were never defeated. We simply dont know what went down and from the looks of it all isnt what it seems.

Sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In a sense, Isca is like a worse Darwin when it comes to how her powers work. With Darwin, his powers will ensure his survival but how they do so is beyond his control. For her, it seems that she can’t decline a challenge as that would be defeat by default and while she’s destined to win, it doesn’t mean that she’s on the winning side that she wants to be on.
    Sometimes winning can feel like losing.

Ultimate Member

It would be interesting to find out that the Arakki already have various forms of resurrection, such as White Sword and the various mutants (like the Omega shapeshifter / power thief that Ororo defeated to win her Great Ring seat) who can mimic his power, but just traditionally shun them as 'rewarding the weak'.

Ultimate Member

Khora is not an omega enhancer she is a power augmenter. But can keep her fire to herself and use it to boost her speed strength and skills ten fold.
    Yeah, she's not an Omega, AFAIK, but if she's enhancing someone who *is* already an Omega, who knows if they already are as good as they can get, or she can dial them up to 11.

It seems that Lactuca and Sobunar retire from the fight so they should be ok. The rest are going to fight the guy that thinks that Thanos is a wimp.

One week from this Wednesday...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It seems that Lactuca and Sobunar retire from the fight so they should be ok. The rest are going to fight the guy that thinks that Thanos is a wimp.
    Yup, and then EVERYONE dies. This is going to be a sad Issue....

So someone read this book and boy they are praising it to high heavens!

So someone read this book and boy they are praising it to high heavens!
    You talking about Gillen's tweet?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    You talking about Gillen's tweet?
    No sorry it was this

Reading X-Men Red #5 (on sale August 3) by @Al_Ewing, @St3Caselli, @toonfed, & crew. It's so flippin' good, at one point I dropped the comic, thrust my hands high in the air, and made a weird sound with my throat. #AXEJudgmentDay rules! #XSpoilers #xtwitter #MarvelsPullList https://t.co/ppXcikIX87

No sorry it was this

Reading X-Men Red #5 (on sale August 3) by @Al_Ewing, @St3Caselli, @toonfed, & crew. It's so flippin' good, at one point I dropped the comic, thrust my hands high in the air, and made a weird sound with my throat. #AXEJudgmentDay rules! #XSpoilers #xtwitter #MarvelsPullList https://t.co/ppXcikIX87
    Oh man… I need it now. Just inject it into my veins. LFG!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

1) Arakko = paper tiger
    2) yes
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver