Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

ohhh Mags is gonna die, I am calling it.

Especially since his backups are gone

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

And then he’ll likely be back anyway. This is why I say ultimately all the Resurrection Protocols did is add another layer to the usual dramatics. I’ll rescind this critiscism if they do actually try to keep him dead though

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The implication in the last Red is that the protocols are literally not necessary to return anymore so that fake tension was never real to start with

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I was just coming in here to say that I really don’t want to see Magneto die already.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    That makes sense, aside from the fact that times have changed since the days the only counter to an Eternal was the Cavevengers, there was only ever 100 Eternals, and everyone they stuck in the Exclusion makes them weaker.

The Patriarch-class Eternals are formidable opponents, and I have no doubt that the Great Ring is about to undergo a radical change in membership at Uranos’ hands; but there’s only one of him

Hell, I’m pretty sure Druig wouldn’t be gambling on letting him out of there was an actual chance grandpa would be coming back alive

The main problem is Uranos’ failsafe weapons in the event he is killed
    Would these weapons consist of the large beasts we saw designs for or are they something completely separate? I haven't been reading Eternals so I lack intel as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Would these weapons consist of the large beasts we saw designs for or are they something completely separate? I haven't been reading Eternals so I lack intel as well.
    It’s a weapons self destruct sequence that will cause the Earth to blow up.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Well, F***. Nevermind.
    Don't fall for that nonsense Sibling. It's not as though anyone knows exactly what Gillen will write.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

When's the last time Magneto used his Forcefields?
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

This looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Isn't Khora an Omega Level Mutant enhancer? Why not use her to amp Magneto and have Lodus supply him with unlimited adamantium or even Mysterium which is turning out to be a real revelation.
    Khora is not an omega enhancer she is a power augmenter. But can keep her fire to herself and use it to boost her speed strength and skills ten fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    True, Omegas are more powerful than most Eternals, but I doubt they would do well against Thanos, whose power basically is "I am the most powerful bastard in the room, because plot demands it", and Uranus seems to be Thanos 2.0.

Yeah, they will defeat Uranus in the end, but only after receiving a good wallop, to show how powerful Uranus is...

Also, the Eternals are supposed to have activated a bunch of ancient Celestial mechas that would make Nimrod look like a child's toy (of course we know the mutants will destroy these Celestial giant robots with ease, while Nimrod will kill millions of mutants before falling, because Nimrod is a well-known villain and the Celestial kaijus are not...).
    Exactly why I feel like uranos and thanos will win simply because the plot demands it. Like I cant stress this enough there is an omega mutant whose omega power is erasing things from existence. Like?! But she will get berfed because strong ice guy must get some licks in before the battle is turned.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I feel like Bishop is somewhere like.

"Remember that war college i kept mentioning over and over?"
    Bishop should be front and centre but he isnt he is missing from action. Cyclops rather on every cover. The captain commander they gave him was simply respectability politics. You will think he will do more but nope going to space to look for first mutants instead of protecting krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, from what Habis posted here previously:

Magneto's chances are low unless Uranos gets nerfed.
    More like magneto is going to get nerfed to make him look good like almost all those who have faced him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Exactly why I feel like uranos and thanos will win simply because the plot demands it. Like I cant stress this enough there is an omega mutant whose omega power is erasing things from existence. Like?! But she will get berfed because strong ice guy must get some licks in before the battle is turned.
    Weapons the Great Ring has at their disposal, which I would like to see factor into this fight, because like....they should, lol:

1) Seat of Victory - If ever there was an opportunity to see Isca's power used as a literal gamechanger, it would be this. There shouldn't be any possibility of her power turning her to side with Uranos as a path to victory given Uranos literally desires the deaths of even those who ally with him, so it should be a straight up fight between an omega level tychokinetic who is supposed to be unbeatable against any singular foe.

2) Seat of Stalemate - Idyll is an omega level precog, theoretically with no end to the futures she can perceive or the depths to which she can scry the future. If there's a path to victory over Uranos, a way to defeat him or save Arakko or mutants from him and the Eternals' arsenal, she should be able to find it. Of course, the clear caveat to her power is just because such a future possibility is out there, and just because its within her power to find it, theoretically the process of combing near infinite possible futures could be very time-consuming and she might not be able to find the necessary path in time for it to make a difference.

3) Seat of Loss - If ever there was a time to remember that Magneto isn't just 'guy who throws metal around' but 'guy who can shred the magnetic fields of an entire planet when mid-hissy fit' like, it would be now. Magneto is an omega level manipulator of one of the four primal forces of the universe. Make it work, bitch.

4) Seat of Below Us - We honestly don't know enough about how Sobunar's power even works, beyond containing an entire oceanic ecosystem within his veins. There's more to it than that, I'm pretty sure, its just not enough info to know for sure one way or another. But considering all the oceans of Mars and everything in them originally came from within his body, I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least, he has control of that which originated within him, like a mental symbiosis with said oceans as the literal father of them. There's a lot that can be done with that.

5) Seat of All-Around-Us - LOL we've talked up the implications and possible extensions or extrapolations of Storm's powers in her thread at length, so safe to say, there's a bunch she should be able to do here and I hope to see it.

6) Seat of Above Us - Lactuca's IMO one of THE most powerful and versatile of the Great Ring's omegas, and I hope to see her making out like a boss in this fight. Not only is she the omega level version of Manifold's powerset, with him able to do things like throw around space stations via teleportation portals, sidestep through reality by making windows and holes in the universe for him to peek through without anyone outside his spy-hole being able to interact with him, and transport miniature suns in pockets of folded space/time that protect everyone from them until he unleashes them as a weapon......like, if Manifold can do all that, and Lactuca's the UPGRADED version of his ability....I'm just saying, I need to see Lactuca UNLEASHED. But like, on top of that, she additionally can use her ability to know where EVERYTHING is, this being the source of her title The Knower, and with it explicitly cited that she's able to even chart where things are conceptually, or use this power to know what's in someone's heart and other abstract ideas. If Uranos has a weakness, Lactuca should know how to find it, and quite frankly, I'm not sure why she can't just teleport him off-world and ask the universe to dump him in a black hole somewhere, where the singularity effect would prevent any failsafe of his from ever activating anyway.

7) Seat of History - Like Sobunar, we really still don't know that much about how Xilo's power even works, so he's another one I'm hoping to see get a good workout in this fight, so we get a more thorough glimpse of his powers. Obviously a form of geokinesis is part of it, but I think there's more to it than just that. But either way, much like Sobunar might be able to wield the seas themselves against Uranos, and Ororo the skies, I'm guessing Xilo might be able to turn the land itself into a weapon against him, on an omega level aka global scale.

8) Seat of Dreams - If there's no upper limit to the amount or kind of metal Lodus Logos can create, I hope we're not just going to see him spitting swords at Uranos. What about conjuring a literal mountain of vibranium or even mysterium around Uranos and trying to insta-entomb him that way?

9) Seat of Law - As others have pointed out, Ora Serrata's power alone should be an insta-deathblow if she can use it to blink GODS out of existence. That said, Uranos has fought and beaten gods before, so perhaps they're going with the idea that he's somehow able to just shrug off her power in a way lesser beings can't - though that seems to be a pretty clear limit to her power, if he can withstand it, but eh, whatever. Still, at the very least, I expect Ora to be MVP when it comes to the squad's defense. Maybe she can't blink Uranos out of existence, or maybe she holds off on doing that because Idyll or Lactuca detect his failsafes or Storm or Magneto get word of them from Earth.....but Ora still should be able to banish any attack Uranos sends their way. Wouldn't mind seeing Uranos cockily unleashing the kind of destructive blast he once used to take out half of Lemuria in a single attack....only to see him go whuh?? when it fizzles out before hitting its target because Ora just looked at it and cast shade.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-30-2022 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Weapons the Great Ring has at their disposal, which I would like to see factor into this fight, because like....they should, lol:

1) Seat of Victory - If ever there was an opportunity to see Isca's power used as a literal gamechanger, it would be this. There shouldn't be any possibility of her power turning her to side with Uranos as a path to victory given Uranos literally desires the deaths of even those who ally with him, so it should be a straight up fight between an omega level tychokinetic who is supposed to be unbeatable against any singular foe.

2) Seat of Stalemate - Idyll is an omega level precog, theoretically with no end to the futures she can perceive or the depths to which she can scry the future. If there's a path to victory over Uranos, a way to defeat him or save Arakko or mutants from him and the Eternals' arsenal, she should be able to find it. Of course, the clear caveat to her power is just because such a future possibility is out there, and just because its within her power to find it, theoretically the process of combing near infinite possible futures could be very time-consuming and she might not be able to find the necessary path in time for it to make a difference.

3) Seat of Loss - If ever there was a time to remember that Magneto isn't just 'guy who throws metal around' but 'guy who can shred the magnetic fields of an entire planet when mid-hissy fit' like, it would be now. Magneto is an omega level manipulator of one of the four primal forces of the universe. Make it work, bitch.

4) Seat of Below Us - We honestly don't know enough about how Sobunar's power even works, beyond containing an entire oceanic ecosystem within his veins. There's more to it than that, I'm pretty sure, its just not enough info to know for sure one way or another. But considering all the oceans of Mars and everything in them originally came from within his body, I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least, he has control of that which originated within him, like a mental symbiosis with said oceans as the literal father of them. There's a lot that can be done with that.

5) Seat of All-Around-Us - LOL we've talked up the implications and possible extensions or extrapolations of Storm's powers in her thread at length, so safe to say, there's a bunch she should be able to do here and I hope to see it.

6) Seat of Above Us - Lactuca's IMO one of THE most powerful and versatile of the Great Ring's omegas, and I hope to see her making out like a boss in this fight. Not only is she the omega level version of Manifold's powerset, with him able to do things like throw around space stations via teleportation portals, sidestep through reality by making windows and holes in the universe for him to peek through without anyone outside his spy-hole being able to interact with him, and transport miniature suns in pockets of folded space/time that protect everyone from them until he unleashes them as a weapon......like, if Manifold can do all that, and Lactuca's the UPGRADED version of his ability....I'm just saying, I need to see Lactuca UNLEASHED. But like, on top of that, she additionally can use her ability to know where EVERYTHING is, this being the source of her title The Knower, and with it explicitly cited that she's able to even chart where things are conceptually, or use this power to know what's in someone's heart and other abstract ideas. If Uranos has a weakness, Lactuca should know how to find it, and quite frankly, I'm not sure why she can't just teleport him off-world and ask the universe to dump him in a black hole somewhere, where the singularity effect would prevent any failsafe of his from ever activating anyway.

7) Seat of History - Like Sobunar, we really still don't know that much about how Xilo's power even works, so he's another one I'm hoping to see get a good workout in this fight, so we get a more thorough glimpse of his powers. Obviously a form of geokinesis is part of it, but I think there's more to it than just that. But either way, much like Sobunar might be able to wield the seas themselves against Uranos, and Ororo the skies, I'm guessing Xilo might be able to turn the land itself into a weapon against him, on an omega level aka global scale.

8) Seat of Dreams - If there's no upper limit to the amount or kind of metal Lodus Logos can create, I hope we're not just going to see him spitting swords at Uranos. What about conjuring a literal mountain of vibranium or even mysterium around Uranos and trying to insta-entomb him that way?

9) Seat of Law - As others have pointed out, Ora Serrata's power alone should be an insta-deathblow if she can use it to blink GODS out of existence. That said, Uranos has fought and beaten gods before, so perhaps they're going with the idea that he's somehow able to just shrug off her power in a way lesser beings can't - though that seems to be a pretty clear limit to her power, if he can withstand it, but eh, whatever. Still, at the very least, I expect Ora to be MVP when it comes to the squad's defense. Maybe she can't blink Uranos out of existence, or maybe she holds off on doing that because Idyll or Lactuca detect his failsafes or Storm or Magneto get word of them from Earth.....but Ora still should be able to banish any attack Uranos sends their way. Wouldn't mind seeing Uranos cockily unleashing the kind of destructive blast he once used to take out half of Lemuria in a single attack....only to see him go whuh?? when it fizzles out before hitting its target because Ora just looked at it and cast shade.
    Exactly the great ring has some power that I dont think outside abstracts I have ever seen. Together they should be able to handle almost any threat.

Also I realise why lactuca is omega mad manifold isnt, lactuca in theory can enter conceptual spaces and manipulate space there such as fantasies, nightmares and such. That's very insane but it is very likely she will be nerfed in the fight for uranos. Hell she looks like she is leaving the fight. I expect sobunar to be an uber powerful water manipulator and ocean master if you will. He can create and manipulate entire oceans. But yes the amount of power that the great ring is packing even someone like uranos should not be a problem for them. Yet hs will be at least for this issue. And lodus will die. Ph on another hot lodus can create even uru and the metal celestials ise for their armour.