Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What about pre Hickman?

Did he die during the Rosenberg era?
    No Magneto didn't die he was in the Age of X-man universe but he did leave a piece of himself behind in that reality.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No Magneto didn't die he was in the Age of X-man universe but he did leave a piece of himself behind in that reality.
    Okay so a real death has been a long time coming, so it may happen especially since Mags had some pretty huge death fake outs in the past (see: New X-Men)

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    And he couldn't even fling the Orchis Station into the Sun, because it had "Dyson engines". The only thing Magneto is omega at is bullshit from writers who don't understand how science works:

e.g. magnetic shield deflecting snowballs and non-ferrous metals, magnetically controlling bloodflow in the brain (super alarming news to anyone having an MRI scan!), magnetic Astral Plane access, "magnetic personality".
    I think its partly because they seem confused between electromagnetism the fundamental force and magnetism. Those two arent the same thing one feeds inti the other. Em is a fundamental aspect of nature itself a combination of magnetism and electrostatics. The whole astral thing and non ferrous material detection thing only makes sense if magneto is an electromagnetic manipulator. But since he is consistently written as a magntokinetic with very rarely used electrokinetic abilities I doubt that.

But hey its comic book science a world where people can manipulate **** with their minds and can punch holes in reality, best not to think too hard on these things. But magneto has always had an upper limit to his magnetism.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I think its partly because they seem confused between electromagnetism the fundamental force and magnetism. Those two arent the same thing one feeds inti the other. Em is a fundamental aspect of nature itself a combination of magnetism and electrostatics. The whole astral thing and non ferrous material detection thing only makes sense if magneto is an electromagnetic manipulator. But since he is consistently written as a magntokinetic with very rarely used electrokinetic abilities I doubt that.

But hey its comic book science a world where people can manipulate **** with their minds and can punch holes in reality, best not to think too hard on these things. But magneto has always had an upper limit to his magnetism.
    I accept the daftness - it's not like it's hard sci-fi or something. I just roll my eyes when they come up with temporary poorly-justified power applications that are then never referenced or used again. Ideally they write out of situation they created using the characters that are already there - for instance, there is already an X-Man who is incredibly gifted at generating E/M waves, and that is Dazzler. Or they could do better character work instead of leaning on silly powers, I dunno.

I accept the daftness - it's not like it's hard sci-fi or something. I just roll my eyes when they come up with temporary poorly-justified power applications that are then never referenced or used again. Ideally they write out of situation they created using the characters that are already there - for instance, there is already an X-Man who is incredibly gifted at generating E/M waves, and that is Dazzler. Or they could do better character work instead of leaning on silly powers, I dunno.
    Infourtubayeky because disco died marvel doesnt know what to do with dazzler. Like magneto's power is magnetism no two ways about it. He is the master of magnetism and has in several occasions if not most needed there to be ferrous or magnetic matter present for him to do his thing. I will like for the xoffice to stick to one thing is it electromagnetism or is it magnetism... but alas this is comics.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What you've described in your second sentence has been a constant staple of comic book writing since inception of the art form.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Forgot the newt guys name, but damn he is built and sexy in that one shot! Never thought I would be attracted to a newt. LOL

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Weapons the Great Ring has at their disposal, which I would like to see factor into this fight, because like....they should, lol:

1) Seat of Victory - If ever there was an opportunity to see Isca's power used as a literal gamechanger, it would be this. There shouldn't be any possibility of her power turning her to side with Uranos as a path to victory given Uranos literally desires the deaths of even those who ally with him, so it should be a straight up fight between an omega level tychokinetic who is supposed to be unbeatable against any singular foe.

2) Seat of Stalemate - Idyll is an omega level precog, theoretically with no end to the futures she can perceive or the depths to which she can scry the future. If there's a path to victory over Uranos, a way to defeat him or save Arakko or mutants from him and the Eternals' arsenal, she should be able to find it. Of course, the clear caveat to her power is just because such a future possibility is out there, and just because its within her power to find it, theoretically the process of combing near infinite possible futures could be very time-consuming and she might not be able to find the necessary path in time for it to make a difference.

3) Seat of Loss - If ever there was a time to remember that Magneto isn't just 'guy who throws metal around' but 'guy who can shred the magnetic fields of an entire planet when mid-hissy fit' like, it would be now. Magneto is an omega level manipulator of one of the four primal forces of the universe. Make it work, bitch.

4) Seat of Below Us - We honestly don't know enough about how Sobunar's power even works, beyond containing an entire oceanic ecosystem within his veins. There's more to it than that, I'm pretty sure, its just not enough info to know for sure one way or another. But considering all the oceans of Mars and everything in them originally came from within his body, I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least, he has control of that which originated within him, like a mental symbiosis with said oceans as the literal father of them. There's a lot that can be done with that.

5) Seat of All-Around-Us - LOL we've talked up the implications and possible extensions or extrapolations of Storm's powers in her thread at length, so safe to say, there's a bunch she should be able to do here and I hope to see it.

6) Seat of Above Us - Lactuca's IMO one of THE most powerful and versatile of the Great Ring's omegas, and I hope to see her making out like a boss in this fight. Not only is she the omega level version of Manifold's powerset, with him able to do things like throw around space stations via teleportation portals, sidestep through reality by making windows and holes in the universe for him to peek through without anyone outside his spy-hole being able to interact with him, and transport miniature suns in pockets of folded space/time that protect everyone from them until he unleashes them as a weapon......like, if Manifold can do all that, and Lactuca's the UPGRADED version of his ability....I'm just saying, I need to see Lactuca UNLEASHED. But like, on top of that, she additionally can use her ability to know where EVERYTHING is, this being the source of her title The Knower, and with it explicitly cited that she's able to even chart where things are conceptually, or use this power to know what's in someone's heart and other abstract ideas. If Uranos has a weakness, Lactuca should know how to find it, and quite frankly, I'm not sure why she can't just teleport him off-world and ask the universe to dump him in a black hole somewhere, where the singularity effect would prevent any failsafe of his from ever activating anyway.

7) Seat of History - Like Sobunar, we really still don't know that much about how Xilo's power even works, so he's another one I'm hoping to see get a good workout in this fight, so we get a more thorough glimpse of his powers. Obviously a form of geokinesis is part of it, but I think there's more to it than just that. But either way, much like Sobunar might be able to wield the seas themselves against Uranos, and Ororo the skies, I'm guessing Xilo might be able to turn the land itself into a weapon against him, on an omega level aka global scale.

8) Seat of Dreams - If there's no upper limit to the amount or kind of metal Lodus Logos can create, I hope we're not just going to see him spitting swords at Uranos. What about conjuring a literal mountain of vibranium or even mysterium around Uranos and trying to insta-entomb him that way?

9) Seat of Law - As others have pointed out, Ora Serrata's power alone should be an insta-deathblow if she can use it to blink GODS out of existence. That said, Uranos has fought and beaten gods before, so perhaps they're going with the idea that he's somehow able to just shrug off her power in a way lesser beings can't - though that seems to be a pretty clear limit to her power, if he can withstand it, but eh, whatever. Still, at the very least, I expect Ora to be MVP when it comes to the squad's defense. Maybe she can't blink Uranos out of existence, or maybe she holds off on doing that because Idyll or Lactuca detect his failsafes or Storm or Magneto get word of them from Earth.....but Ora still should be able to banish any attack Uranos sends their way. Wouldn't mind seeing Uranos cockily unleashing the kind of destructive blast he once used to take out half of Lemuria in a single attack....only to see him go whuh?? when it fizzles out before hitting its target because Ora just looked at it and cast shade.
    Can we finally get the night table to show up? Or is X-Office planning to unleash them as the unhinged big threat post Eternals?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Can we finally get the night table to show up? Or is X-Office planning to unleash them as the unhinged big threat post Eternals?
    Ewing said in an interview that the arakkii have survived a lot worse than the eternals, so I doubt the jight table will reveal themselves for that. Hell the night table likely never revealed themselves for the amenth war.

BANNED

Deleted

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Y'know, that reminds me of 52 from DC, in which Booster Gold, a time traveler, "dies" in it, has his skeleton there and everything.

Turns out he didn't die, all he did was use his corpse he got from the future (And doing so unnerved him), to make people think he died.

I think it'd be pretty cool for Cable to do something like that, (Could even be a body laying around, like the one that got killed in X-Men Red#2), I get the feeling it'd be in-character for him to trick people with that.
    So here’s what I’m thinking/hoping…

- Cable did indeed foresee this, or some future timeline where similar events happened (since he knew about Krakoa when he was brought back in Cable #11);
    - He and Hope cooked up a backup to the Resurrection Protocols that brings him back after Uranos kills him, along with Magneto and anyone else who may die at his hand; and
    - They go to Amenth and recruit Apocalypse and his wife, Genesis, their offspring and possibly the hordes of Amenth and return together to help turn the tide in the mutants’ favor.

If this happens I would do backflips. We’ll see solicits for the final issue next month, so fingers crossed…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What about pre Hickman?

Did he die during the Rosenberg era?
    Betsy killed him in Bunncanny but it was brief as Exodus soon after teleported in with Elixir who was able to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

- Cable did indeed foresee this, or some future timeline where similar events happened (since he knew about Krakoa when he was brought back in Cable #11);
    - He and Hope cooked up a backup to the Resurrection Protocols that brings him back after Uranos kills him, along with Magneto and anyone else who may die at his hand; and
    - They go to Amenth and recruit Apocalypse and his wife, Genesis, their offspring and possibly the hordes of Amenth and return together to help turn the tide in the mutants’ favor.

If this happens I would do backflips. We’ll see solicits for the final issue next month, so fingers crossed…
    Cable of all people recruiting Apocalypse is the kind of tense drama I live for. I would love that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Cable of all people recruiting Apocalypse is the kind of tense drama I live for. I would love that.
    Exactly. Me too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

And he couldn't even fling the Orchis Station into the Sun, because it had "Dyson engines". The only thing Magneto is omega at is bullshit from writers who don't understand how science works:

e.g. magnetic shield deflecting snowballs and non-ferrous metals, magnetically controlling bloodflow in the brain (super alarming news to anyone having an MRI scan!), magnetic Astral Plane access, "magnetic personality".
    Hey now, that's the best power .

(X-Men#18)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

That could be cool yeah, though I'd prefer if it happens without him dying, I don't like death being this cheap in general...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Remember when Magneto got his head chopped off and everyone blamed Wanda?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-01-2022 at 01:00 PM.