Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I like reading this book. But I really really hope Magneto or Cable kicking this cliche's a@&. He is a poor man's Darkseid fused together with Apocalypse. How the hell is he even a likable character?
    Much like how Appcalypse is a poor man’s Thanos?

People make plenty of memorable villains that are just copies of other villains. The OG nimrod only got created because Claremont wasn’t allowed to use the Fury in his stories

Uranos is the character I'll be cheering for during this event. Hope he completely destroys Krakoa(and a bunch of dead weight mutants in the process) before his eventual defeat by the hands of Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Uranos is the character I'll be cheering for during this event. Hope he completely destroys Krakoa(and a bunch of dead weight mutants in the process) before his eventual defeat by the hands of Jubilee.
    You know I was like wtf when reading thdj saw jubilee gets to save the day and I was like yep! I would like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I don't care about Eternals. But damn this character is almost a parody(and not in a good way) with this established characters like Darkseid. His history with the Eternals is almost ditto as Darkseid's relation with New Gods. I mean I know Kirby took inspiration for Eternals from his own creations but that doesn't justify his revival
    He was created to be beaten so I dont think you are meant to get attached to him.

Fantastic Member

I hope what if someone dies in battle against Uranos, then it would be Magneto or Cable, or even both, but not anyone from Arrakko. Magneto and Cable are popular, so they would be resurrected sooner or later anyway, while Arrakki would likely stay dead if they die. It would be such a waste to kill any of these characters before they were fleshed out enough. I hope this battle would be the one where we finally see how badass Arrakki are. Moreover, if Magneto dies for real, it would be cool to see the story end with him going to the afterlife and reunite with Magda and Anya.

Unfortunately it looks like some in the Great Ring are goners anyway. Xmen Red 1 mentioned that Lodus Logos didn't have much longer left and here we see him aiding Magneto against Uranos. It's safe to say he's done for.

Uranous looks like the son of Darkseid and Mr. Freeze to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I suddenly didn't think it was a big deal. Because Ro and Mags saw a bigger threat 40 years ago -- Dark Phoenix
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

How long is the process for an Eternal's resurrection? I'm curious how fast they would/could come back to the fight as the mutants take them out, if that's even possible.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    How long is the process for an Eternal's resurrection? I'm curious how fast they would/could come back to the fight as the mutants take them out, if that's even possible.
    Very fast and their resurrection requires the sacrifice of a random human.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I suspect the Parker Particles are related to the Zero Force, an energy source powerful enough to defeat Galactus, but so unstable that you risk destroying the whole universe when you use it...
    Hm... Both created by Slott too, interesting...

What I'm checking out on the wiki says Zero Force is the energy that ends one universe and begins another, both being connected with the universe itself can mean there's a connection, and if so Parker Particles is a more stable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    And Thanos himself was a poor man's Metron at first lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Gotcha, thank you for the info!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Are you still sad about Nature Girl living her best life?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    That’s going to be an issue if the X-Men find out about that. I’m sure they would take a hard no kill stance on the Eternals once that was known. Of course it won’t be an issue for every mutant on Krakoa but the traditional X-Men will probably have to find a work around.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

People make plenty of memorable villains that are just copies of other villains. The OG nimrod only got created because Claremont wasn’t allowed to use the Fury in his stories
    By that logic Thanos is poor man's Darkseid(which is actually not true) . Darkseid Is OG. I only mentioned Apocalypse because of the skin color. Thanos and Apocalypse have different stories and relation with respect to Marvel Universe. They are inspired by Darkseid but Uranos is like literally a copy of Darkseid and we DON'T need another Darkseid in Marvel. We have dozen of them as per your words. It isn't hard to come up with new ideas in comics and writers have proven that before with more complexity instead of some generic stereotype that is Uranos. Even the name sounds so random.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-03-2022 at 08:52 PM.