Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    And he couldn't even fling the Orchis Station into the Sun, because it had "Dyson engines". The only thing Magneto is omega at is bullshit from writers who don't understand how science works:

e.g. magnetic shield deflecting snowballs and non-ferrous metals, magnetically controlling bloodflow in the brain (super alarming news to anyone having an MRI scan!), magnetic Astral Plane access, "magnetic personality".
    Dyson engines? Orchis Station is powered by Dyson Hyperdymium™ motors?!?

https://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-clean...0ever%20before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey now, that's the best power .

(X-Men#18)

That could be cool yeah, though I'd prefer if it happens without him dying, I don't like death being this cheap in general...
    I think that was latter retconned as Magneto having circuits inside his helmet that allowed him to control minds... kinda like Red Skull's crown, or Marvel Boy's diadem.

It's funny how these powerful items tend to be used only a few times and then forgotten (except for Marvel Boy's diadem, which is a core part of his powerset...).

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Dyson engines? Orchis Station is powered by Dyson Hyperdymium™ motors?!?

https://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-clean...0ever%20before.
    Yup, specifically the powerful pet dander cleaner.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I think that was latter retconned as Magneto having circuits inside his helmet that allowed him to control minds... kinda like Red Skull's crown, or Marvel Boy's diadem.
    How convenient he just happened to bring a hypnotic helmet when he wasn't planning to hypnotize anyone in this story lol.

It's funny how these powerful items tend to be used only a few times and then forgotten (except for Marvel Boy's diadem, which is a core part of his powerset...).
    Magneto in this story, and later in Defenders#15, managed to make super powerful mutants, and then, just stopped doing that at some point lol.

More justified in this story since it only happened because X-gene wasn't a thing yet, it was radiation that came from the parents that made mutants, but the Defenders#15 method? Come on, he should still be able to do that, and make enough changes to avoid being turned into a baby by an Alpha-2.

I also remember hearing that it took a while for Marvel to explain why AIM didn't mass produce something as overpowered as Super Adaptoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

How convenient he just happened to bring a hypnotic helmet when he wasn't planning to hypnotize anyone in this story lol.

Magneto in this story, and later in Defenders#15, managed to make super powerful mutants, and then, just stopped doing that at some point lol.

More justified in this story since it only happened because X-gene wasn't a thing yet, it was radiation that came from the parents that made mutants, but the Defenders#15 method? Come on, he should still be able to do that, and make enough changes to avoid being turned into a baby by an Alpha-2.

I also remember hearing that it took a while for Marvel to explain why AIM didn't mass produce something as overpowered as Super Adaptoid.
    Wanna talk about the ionic Ray treatment that can give anyone at least wonderman level of power , and at some level essentially turned a mobster into kryptonian level powerhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Okay so a real death has been a long time coming, so it may happen especially since Mags had some pretty huge death fake outs in the past (see: New X-Men)
    Wait you don't actually think that Magneto is going to die in this filler crossover right? LMAO

Surely you don't...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Wanna talk about the ionic Ray treatment that can give anyone at least wonderman level of power , and at some level essentially turned a mobster into kryptonian level powerhouse?
    That's nothing! The Cell Stimulator in Avengers I #156 made a villain powerful enough to beat around the Avengers AND Dr. Doom, without any of the drawbacks of the Ionic Ray. And nobody bothered researching and rebuilding it after the Avengers destroyed it...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wait you don't actually think that Magneto is going to die in this filler crossover right? LMAO

Surely you don't...
    i doubt magneto dies but at least one member of the great ring will.

Magneto won't die he just defeated tarn and took his place in the great ring, he's the hero of the arraki now impossible to kill him after that.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Surely you don't...
    it'll happen I can feel it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why is it that if you open a preview thread it never shows on PC, but only on mobile devices?
    All browsers are not the same... Which one are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Lol, had forgotten about that.

Don't forget how Pym casually made a robot strong enough to defeat the Avengers back in Avengers#213, with an intentional weak point so he could defeat it, meaning that same robot could be rebuilt without the weakness.

Speaking of super powerful robots, there's also how Donald Blake made an almost indestructible robot with super intelligence rather casually in Journey Into Mystery#96, and in the same story, an evil scienctist forced Blake to help him with a device that can clone anybody and anything, including Thor, and it seems to have no limits of how many clones it can create, it was even good enough to clone Mjolnir a bunch of times.

Also how a random thunder made Wrecker's power be transferable for the rest of the Wrecking Crew somehow, then again, I think electricity from a railroad s what him lose the powers too lol.

The serum that gave Julia Carpenter her Spider-Woman powers was created by the government, and there's no indication they lost the formula, or that it can only work on her, and that Deathweb group had a different variation of it used on 'em to get their powers, and the government didn't bother mass producing it either this version, or the more stable one that was used on Julia, despite the intention of that serum's creation was for the government to super-powered people to work for them to begin with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    That's nothing! The Cell Stimulator in Avengers I #156 made a villain powerful enough to beat around the Avengers AND Dr. Doom, without any of the drawbacks of the Ionic Ray. And nobody bothered researching and rebuilding it after the Avengers destroyed it...
    Wasn't aware of that, now that I checkd out the issue, it's funny how not even Doom tried, considering he got the Cell Stimulator and wanted to learn how to it works to begin with lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    it'll happen I can feel it...
    The only way i can see magneto dying right now is if one of his children take over his seat of loss. otherwise it would seem a tad anticlimactic. but then most deaths are i guess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Anyone know when this beauty of an issue is set to be released?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Don't forget how Pym casually made a robot strong enough to defeat the Avengers back in Avengers#213, with an intentional weak point so he could defeat it, meaning that same robot could be rebuilt without the weakness.
    Hank Pym made a set of Quantum Bands in order to keep a boy from dying of cancer. He never created another set, either to fight cancer, or to give himself more power (I mean, can you imagine how powerful would Hank Pym be if he had Captain Mar-vell powers? Why didn't he use them?!).

The serum that gave Julia Carpenter her Spider-Woman powers was created by the government, and there's no indication they lost the formula, or that it can only work on her, and that Deathweb group had a different variation of it used on 'em to get their powers, and the government didn't bother mass producing it either this version, or the more stable one that was used on Julia, despite the intention of that serum's creation was for the government to super-powered people to work for them to begin with lol.
    The Sundown serum makes anybody powerful enough to fight the combined might of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men; it grants super-strength and durability, regeneration, size-changing powers, teleportation, light manipulation and darkforce manipulation powers... and the guy who created it is still around, alive and unemployed... anybody could hire him, and BAM! An army of a million super-soldiers, each of them able to beat the crap of any superhero team suddenly appears!
    Last edited by Habis; 07-02-2022 at 05:53 PM.