Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Xavier csn be an *******, BUT he neglected kids in New Mutants because he was busy and trusted the New Mutants to take care of them. He was a jerk to Legion (I'd argue that's more Spurrier playing it up to extremes for the aake of his story, like this one), but Legion was usually unstable, had a personal grudge against Xavier and could wipe the whole island out. He was a threat that he couldn't control, and feared Legion couldn't control himself on top of it. He's a control freak, but there's a difference between those cases and and Condom Man slinging prophylactics.

As for Toad, yeah that's a good point. Though that was under extreme circumstances. They lied to protect Wanda and keep the Rezz Protocols a secret. Idr if Toad was in on it either, but probably not lol. He still should have brought Toad back though, which is why I cite him as one of the people actually screwed over.
    That wasn’t really the tone of his response though. They were essentially like, “our youth are struggling and need support,” and he was like, “Glad you brought this up, sounds like a you problem.” And as much as I love the OG New Mutants, they’re a bunch of twenty somethings. It’s super neglectful to build a nation without any educational institutions or support systems for young people, and then when confronted about it make the people who were dealing with the issues in the first place handle it alone.

And yeah I think Charles is a control freak, which is why he would want to control the narrative around Make More Mutants. He’s not denying contraceptives but he would want to paint the birth of mutant babies as a net positive, regardless of the socio-emotional impact it has on the kids.

Dang… am i joining the dark side? I think real world disillusionment with institutions has got me wanting better for Krakoa.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 07-06-2022 at 09:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    (...)
    Dang… am i joining the dark side? I think real world disillusionment with institutions has got me wanting better for Krakoa.
    Maybe you merely harbor sympathy for the grey side that considers Krakoa to have a rotten foundation that will either bring it down or needs some serious reformation.

And considering the pace of super hero comics, both could happen within in universe months, rather than slowly occuring over years with the problems being maintained.

Issue five was the book of the week for me. WOW. Now that is how you sow seeds and let them grow. Questions about previous prisioners are answered and that last image of Sabretooth was gold. Lot of great concepts explored here and by locking sabretooth away in essence the council violated the first law because this sacred land has been hurt and changed, forevermore. 11/10.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Who is the telepath Raven and Destiny were talking about?

Astonishing Member

That wasn’t really the tone of his response though. They were essentially like, “our youth are struggling and need support,” and he was like, “Glad you brought this up, sounds like a you problem.” And as much as I love the OG New Mutants, they’re a bunch of twenty somethings. It’s super neglectful to build a nation without any educational institutions or support systems for young people, and then when confronted about it make the people who were dealing with the issues in the first place handle it alone.

And yeah I think Charles is a control freak, which is why he would want to control the narrative around Make More Mutants. He’s not denying contraceptives but he would want to paint the birth of mutant babies as a net positive, regardless of the socio-emotional impact it has on the kids.

It is not the dark side to criticize something. Or someone.

Huh. Should I make it headcannon the first law was in place so Apocalypse could repeat the Autumn Rolfson baby momma experiment?

Also tbf Charles has been doing that pass the buck thing with a lot of things. He did it with Kurt in Way of X too.

And also, if anything is relevant, it’s critiscism of a bunch of oligarchs unelected by the people who have decided they have power over the lives of the citizenry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Who is the telepath Raven and Destiny were talking about?
    Birdy.

A female telepath who during the 90's was a partner in crime of Sabertooth. Helped him to stay in control of his more erratic mental state. Was eventualy killed by Graydon Creed.

Astonishing Member

I really liked the last issue of this book. It's basically the preview of a new Exiles book.
    I would post spoilers if I knew how to.

I hope next volume gets better art. I think I don't get more excited for this story because the art is so uninspired. But this last issue concluded the book very well. Let's see what comes next.

Astonishing Member

I will say this given the amount of imprisoned mutants Orchis has, the Marauders have really, really been slacking on their job.

Also Doug, you are about three for three with horrible decisions so far. Keep it going buddy! God even opposition to the Quiet Council is populated by morons.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I will say this given the amount of imprisoned mutants Orchis has, the Marauders have really, really been slacking on their job.

Also Doug, you are about three for three with horrible decisions so far. Keep it going buddy! God even opposition to the Quiet Council is populated by morons.
    Hopefully one of these decisions will come back to bite him in the ass.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I just realized the Exiles bit has two implications. Either it’s the people rescued from the prisons once Sabretooth gets to work, or it’s the mutants kicked of Krakoa if the QC starts kicking things into high gear.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    It is not the dark side to criticize something. Or someone.

Huh. Should I make it headcannon the first law was in place so Apocalypse could repeat the Autumn Rolfson baby momma experiment?

Also tbf Charles has been doing that pass the buck thing with a lot of things. He did it with Kurt in Way of X too.

And also, if anything is relevant, it’s critiscism of a bunch of oligarchs unelected by the people who have decided they have power over the lives of the citizenry.
    LOL, not to speak for Kingdom X and they can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they only make the dark side reference in response to you calling it that.

Yes, yes KingdomX, let the dark side flow through you

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL, not to speak for Kingdom X and they can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they only make the dark side reference in response to you calling it that.
    I was being sarcastic mostly. Honestly if me and Habis are the dark side of the fandom it’s honestly not much of a dark side

He ended up being right about the New Mutant's capabilities, since we see them training others and doing a good job helping the Lost Club. Xavier's idea of education is a lot more free and lax, and the New Mutants are familiar with his style of beliefs. Still kind of a dick move to pass it onto the NM, but they could have declined, and Xavier was clearly right to put his trust in them.

As for the propaganda, he made no effort for or against it. He's an advocate of helping others even if it goes against the narrative, like how he was happy when Scott and Jean went against him to make the X-Men again. And even if Xavier was against Third Eye's actions, he'd free him once he saw the narrative change. Or maybe he would - depends on the writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Xavier created an unelected Oligarchic government that can do whatever they want.

He intended to manipulate that government any way he wanted (and failed).

But he didn't realize he would become a captive at the whim of Doug Ramsey himself, who could destroy his little experiment any time he wanted...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-06-2022 at 02:45 PM.