Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    The Cuckoos were so ooc. Like, would they mock Jean? Yes. Would they say **** about Quentin? Yes. Would they leave their sister to die during an attack? Hell no!
    Them Frost genes were acting up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Them Frost genes were acting up.
    Emma Frost claims to love children and to have their best interest at heart, but she has turned her own clone-daughters into a tool to amplify her powers and an echo chamber that reminds her how great she is all the time, crippling them as independent human beings able to pursue their own happiness and their own interests...

What a time to come back. Wish I could have been here when the issue dropped.

Poor Quentin. I can't say I'll miss him. But every character has fans who love him, and I feel bad for the fans who were robbed of him. Unless this Quentin was an Aaron-tier bastardization of him. In that case, congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Emma Frost claims to love children and to have their best interest at heart, but she has turned her own clone-daughters into a tool to amplify her powers and an echo chamber that reminds her how great she is all the time, crippling them as independent human beings able to pursue their own happiness and their own interests...
    Where/how did she do this to the Cuckoos? I thought they were so cold and uncaring just because of whom they were cloned from.

I must not have read that story, but it totally makes sense for her character. The only person Emma Frost has room in her cold diamond heart to love is Emma Frost. She's been a negative force in the life of everyone who ever thought she cared about them except maybe Cyclops, and I still think she was more getting off on getting one over on her 'bully' Jean Grey more than actual love. (Just my take.) But her track record with kids should get her a restraining order keeping her 500 ft away from schools and bus stops, from the original Hellions to the New X-Men whom she just sent home without a second thought, even if they didn't actually have homes, so she could go off on a vacation with her BF to forget about them. And don't get me started on how she purposely ruined the actual Hellion's life because he disobeyed her on one tiny little thing she was completely wrong on anyway. (@Rift She never showed any concern for him after she dumped him in that hotel, right? And he was her 'favorite'...)

And then they give us that panel of her hiding in the back when the Academy X kids were being resurrected and whining to Dani like, "Why doe they all hate me?" lolz
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

So the field team is now Wolverine, Domino, Deadpool and Omega Red. Intel branch seems the same with Beast, Sage, Black Tom and Forge. I wonder where Danger will go after this Wolverine arc?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So the field team is now Wolverine, Domino, Deadpool and Omega Red. Intel branch seems the same with Beast, Sage, Black Tom and Forge. I wonder where Danger will go after this Wolverine arc?
    The team certainly could do with another female member, and her dealing with the CIA spy-games in the current Wolverine arc might suggest she's set up for a role in X-Force. Of course, there's also the possibility Percy is only laying the groundwork for someone else to use her. Gillen and Spurrier wrote her in the past, but they seem to have their plates full for the time being. Another possibility I can see is that LaValle might want to use her in whatever the follow-up to his Sabretooth mini will be, seeing how he brought back her romantic connection to Jeffries.
    None of these options are mutually exclusive, of course, and it's possible she'll just continue to make guest appearances here and there.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    What a time to come back. Wish I could have been here when the issue dropped.

Poor Quentin. I can't say I'll miss him. But every character has fans who love him, and I feel bad for the fans who were robbed of him. Unless this Quentin was an Aaron-tier bastardization of him. In that case, congrats!
    I took a break cuz Percy was jobbing people to feed them to his helmet pitbull. I missed some good ****.

I'll miss QQ tho. Some of y'all weak.
    "Cable was right!"

I have no emotional response to the death of Quentin. I like him as a character. But I just feel like writers have done everything with the character you can possible do. Give him a break for 10 or 15 years.

I'm also over telepathy and telekinesis as a mutant ability. How many of those do we need? There are way too many psys around on Krakoa.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I have no emotional response to the death of Quentin. I like him as a character. But I just feel like writers have done everything with the character you can possible do. Give him a break for 10 or 15 years.

I'm also over telepathy and telekinesis as a mutant ability. How many of those do we need? There are way too many psys around on Krakoa.
    Not a bad idea. I was a big fan of Mercator when he came out in District X because he was a guy with the power to do pretty much anything who fixes toasters and gets drunk because he doesn't want to hurt anyone. That seemed really legit to me, but I thought it was cool they got rid of him when they did before he overwhelmed the stories. ANd I love that they're bringin ghim back now.

I could see QQ come back in a few years as a better version of himself for the experience.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Let us mourn the loss of poor, misbegotten Quentin Quire and the two foot long dick he always requested but never got a chance to have
    Somewhere in the Green Lagoon, a 24" tall detective is draped across the bar, after trying to drown his sorrows in a pint of Guiness, and lamenting Quentin's terribly not-specific request and / or Proteus' quirky sense of humor.

I didn't read the issue, but horrible thought: could QQ have put his mind (or a backup) in one of the bodies he keeps in his closet? That way, he could have saved himself at the last second.

I didn't read the issue and I'm currently indisposed so I'm likely missing out on key deets that would ruin this theory.

I didn't read the issue, but horrible thought: could QQ have put his mind (or a backup) in one of the bodies he keeps in his closet? That way, he could have saved himself at the last second.

I didn't read the issue and I'm currently indisposed so I'm likely missing out on key deets that would ruin this theory.
    It might be possible. The book said QQ was completely erased from all the Cerebro units and I believe the cuckoo’s did a scan of the island but couldn’t find him, still he is an Omega so I’d buy him destroying his data in Cerebro and then masking his presence to other psychics.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I’m actually excited about the cast shakeup. Omega Red certainly isn’t my first choice to add to the roster in Quentin’s place, but if Percy’s going to make a statement about recidivism and the prevention of such by including him then I guess it could be okay story-wise. I’ve always loved him as a villain ever since his debut, and used to play as ‘ol Arkady in the X-men: Children of the Atom Capcom fighting game back in the day. So there’s definitely an affinity there. Probably the same affinity that causes Percy to overuse him honestly, as we’re about the same age I think.

But, cast shakeups aside, what I think this book needs is to truly live up to its mission statement. If they’re going to be the mutant CIA, then be the f@#$ing mutant CIA! Taking on those foreign threats before they make their way to Krakoa’s beaches. I’d like to see Logan fully embrace his role as “mutant Nick Fury” and the team have more globe-trotting adventures, complete with safe houses and all sorts of geopolitical intrigue. OG X-Force $#!t like that please.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Wait, didn't we see Quentin-as-a-dinosaur on a cover for an upcoming issue?

Astonishing Member

Wait, didn't we see Quentin-as-a-dinosaur on a cover for an upcoming issue?
    ...Oh god pls no.