Default Any Previews Yet For Strange Academy #18?

I’m really curious to see if there’s any mention of a “semester two”, as promised.
    There has been the off-handed comment or two about the Academy in Strange, and there’s supposed to be a Halloween one-shot in October, but other than that, no news whatsoever.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Checking the catalog at Previewsworld, it looks like there has been a long delay between issues. Issue #18 is coming out on July 6th but they list nothing else after that for the series. There will be the Halloween one shot issue too coming out October 5th

Now there was a preview for issue #18 way back in March so I have no idea why the long delay. The article goes on to say the series is ending in April so I don't know what to make of that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-01-2022 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Checking the catalog at Previewsworld, it looks like there has been a long delay between issues. Issue #18 is coming out in July 6th but they list nothing else after that for the series. There will be the Halloween one shot issue too coming out October 5th

Now there was a preview for issue #18 way back in March so I have no idea why the long delay. The article goes on to say the series is ending in April so I don't know what to make of that.
    Back in January, when it was first announced that the book was ending with #18, they did say in a few articles that it would be back for a “second semester” with an all new creative team.
    At first I thought the logic for delaying #18 was so that it would be closer to August/September, and a new school year, but the solicitations have come for both those months, and nada!
    I’m starting to think this Halloween special is something they just had on file, and the book has quietly been canned!

Surely Clea or Wong is going to catch them red handed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Surely Clea or Wong is going to catch them red handed?
    Apparently, they are so lax in their duties that they utterly missed a bunch of teenagers camped out in their living room?

(Or, as is more likely, this was scripted well before it was clear what Mackay was doing, and editorial dropped the ball.)

Yeah, most likely. Based on the preview, Academy's being written as though Clea isn't using the Sanctum, but she very much is. Though maybe I'll be right, and they WILL get caught. This is the final issue, so the walkout storyline has to be resolved in this issue. No way it ends with Emily successfully finding them somewhere to hide out away from the school.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman