Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 5 preview

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default ASM 5 preview

https://www.gamesradar.com/peters-he...man-5-preview/

Looks like we'll get a glimpse of what happened

Extraordinary Member

Watch them just cut this convo around the last page and not tell us much

Although at this point I'd rather he be w/ Fel or atleast help patch him up or smth.Anything to get out of the constant misery

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Watch them just cut this convo around the last page and not tell us much

Although at this point I'd rather he be w/ Fel or atleast help patch him up or smth.Anything to get out of the constant misery
    I think she'll be the one to get them back together. She knows it could never work out with her and Peter

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I think she'll be the one to get them back together. She knows it could never work out with her and Peter
    Seems like Tombstone's scam could blow up in his face one day according to Hammerhead.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Seems like Tombstone's scam could blow up in his face one day according to Hammerhead.
    Most likely. Perhaps sooner rather than later.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

So…we can say that Felicia knows what happened to Peter or maybe she suspects something idk

I don't know who left his face worse, Tombstone or Morlun, good lord he looks like raw hamburger.

I just hope they don't do Felicia dirty here, it already hurts with the whole MJ ordeal, i don't need Felicia to get railroaded here like she was during Slotts run.

Also, didn't MJ's new hubby pay off the leech?

Astonishing Member

Tombstone turned Peter into Hammerhead

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't know who left his face worse, Tombstone or Morlun, good lord he looks like raw hamburger.

I just hope they don't do Felicia dirty here, it already hurts with the whole MJ ordeal, i don't need Felicia to get railroaded here like she was during Slotts run.

Also, didn't MJ's new hubby pay off the leech?
    Paul paid him off for a month, yes, but he's back the next day. Obviously the money collector isn't a real money collector. Paul probably isn't what he seems, either, although none of this is making much sense right now thanks to the mystery box.

Also, two issues ago Felicia didn't seem to realize that Peter and MJ were badly broken up, nor did she seem to know MJ had kids or why would she come through the kid's window and say "cute kid" as if she had just seen her for the first time, so this "just want to make sure things aren't...bad...again" (like when was Peter doing "crazy things" like this in recent memory, Fel? Are you referring to Beyond or the mystery box or what?) and "your heart is broken" come out of left field as well.

Hopefully Zeb will crack open the lid on the mystery box but I'm not holding my breath. On the other hand, I'm afraid the mystery box reveal will irrevokably break Mary Jane's character beyond repair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    On the other hand, I'm afraid the mystery box reveal will irrevokably break Mary Jane's character beyond repair.
    For ten years, people said MJ couldn't recover after BND and Slott. Spencer fixed her in one issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    For ten years, people said MJ couldn't recover after BND and Slott. Spencer fixed her in one issue.
    If she abandons children who view her as their mother she won’t ever recover in many readers’ minds and rightfully so. And there is no way current Marvel will let 616!Peter raise children.

So this better be Moira Jane or a similar fake out, although it was implied in the FCBD issue with Moira that MJ and Peter were already broken up as Aunt Anna - whose dementia was cured by the Krakoa drugs - said MJ should hit on Tony Stark.

If she abandons children who view her as their mother she won’t ever recover in many readers’ minds and rightfully so. And there is no way current Marvel will let 616!Peter raise children.

So this better be Moira Jane or a similar fake out, although it was implied in the FCBD issue with Moira that MJ and Peter were already broken up as Aunt Anna - whose dementia was cured by the Krakoa drugs - said MJ should hit on Tony Stark.
    She said say hi to Tony. Who I remind you is her old boss. Which isn't a hint of anything

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    She said say hi to Tony. Who I remind you is her old boss. Which isn't a hint of anything
    You left off the rest of Anna’s and MJ’s dialogue. MJ cuts her off when Anna suggests “and why don’t you—“

MJ has a job, so Anna isn’t implying she should ask for her old job back…

D9A54788-FD3F-4624-AE10-98F73AA4884A.jpg

BANNED

The kids' true mother is unaccounted for. Unless she's dead, all they require is to bring her back and lift that burden off of MJ.

Scott Summers abandoned his wife and kid for Jean Grey and still has a fanbase btw. Why? Because fans recognize most Marvel characters are flawed and can forgive them pretty darn easily.

MJ has always had flaws in her character, be it editorially dictated or driven by story, it doesn't matter, she's as popular as she is because she learns lessons from her mistakes and grows from them.

MJ has a job, so Anna isn’t implying she should ask for her old job back…
    How do you know? People are often encouraged to seek out job opportunities by their families all the time while being employed elsewhere.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-01-2022 at 07:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The kids' true mother is unaccounted for. Unless she's dead, all they require is to bring her back and lift that burden off of MJ.

Scott Summers abandoned his wife and kid for Jean Grey and still has a fanbase btw.
    A) Does he? Does he really? Lol

B) Regardless, Jean and Scott raised Cable in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

C) Abandonment is still abandonment. In real life moving kids from caregiver to caregiver can cause psychological damage and abandonment issues (I have friends who work with foster kids). It shouldn’t be a plot point in a Spider-book at all.

But hopefully the kids are just a fake out and not an avenue to purposefully destroy MJ’s character and/or write her out by giving her a cliched, sexist “happy ending” raising kids with her new partner.