Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Weakest Universe where comics Juggernaut would be just a mook?

What the title says. What's the weakest universe out there where you could dump comics Juggernaut and he'd be just any random npc in terms of power?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm thinking that a class 100 who tanks stuff in excess of Class 100...it's going to be pretty hard to just find a universe where he's just some teckla.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

There's probably some anime universe where your main cast, at least, is strong enough to pull it off. Dragonball? Saint Seiya? Even if they can't damage him overtly, speed and being able to casually obliterate whatever planet he's standing on, I don't think he'd be much of an actual threat to a Super Saiyan.

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki. You have a cast full of God level characters, and then some.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Tenchi's a good suggestion because Tenchi also wouldn't be afraid to show him as a mook. They love emphasizing how ridiculous the main cast is by having allegedly strong outsiders come in and get treated like non-issues.

There's certainly weaker settings where he wouldn't rate much, but Tenchi is a setting where they'll actually have him BE a mook, not just the power level of a mook.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    What the title says. What's the weakest universe out there where you could dump comics Juggernaut and he'd be just any random npc in terms of power?
    I mean he's kind of just an elite mook in Marvel. When was the last time he had plots of his own or fought people for his own stories rather than just being a part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants or X-men or whatever?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Invincible? I mean those dudes are nigh-invincible

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Invincible? I mean those dudes are nigh-invincible
    Juggernaut is well strong enough to be above mook.

A world wherein you have mooks being like The Lizard League and people like Rex Splode and Dupli-Kate are part of one of the premier superhero teams, Juggernaut is a heck of a guy.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Juggernaut is a heck of a guy.
    Plus, you know he's stoked about the epitaph you just wrote for him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Stuff like Dragonball Super is out of Juggs’ pay grade. Other than that, I don’t know enough about Exalted, so maybe that…?

And I guess the Culture Minds would largely ignore him as a dumb brick who wouldn’t be able to function adequately in their universe.

Beyond that? He counts.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Opinions based on my understanding of classic Juggs. Dunno what he is like right now:

He's in a weird spot in Exalted. Anyone with a few social charms can probably talk him into walking into the wyld without using unnatural mental influence and having to deal with his helmet. Anyone at essence 4 who has gotten whichever infinite mastery they're using for defense can probably pretty much ignore him. The right charms can get around his invulnerability in various ways. Sidereals will just be excited to fight a really strong guy who isn't immune to shaping for once. He's still really strong though, and the physical immunity still negates a lot of problems, as does unstoppable-ness. He could decide to walk into the imperial manse and it probably couldn't stop him (though that may not be a guarantee, since we don't know what esoteric defenses it might have). In fact, if they're smart, some bronze faction Siddie's resplendent destiny will probably just hire him for exactly that, or manipulate his fate and use him as a convenient blunt instrument for whatever problems they have. I don't think an essence 2 dawn is going to roll him without very specific charms though, so I don't think he can be called a mook.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Misfit of Demon King Academy is filled with broken-tier characters that would treat Cain as a casual school aide for classes.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think your best bet is to go for esoteric over raw power. The easiest way to beat Juggernaut will always be battlefield removal. Runner up is telepathy. So you want a aett8that fundamentally doesn't care about raw physical power.

Does villain of the week count as a mook? Or do we mean like full out Storm Trooper, foot clan ninja, nameless foes to be trounced en masse? I can think of a few things where he'd get trounced in a 20 minute episode by the MC, but he would still be an outlier compared to the true minions.

Juggernaut would definitely be a mook in DC's 5th Dimension.

YuYu Hakusho One Piece Record of Ragnarok?