Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    YuYu Hakusho One Piece Record of Ragnarok?
    He is significant in all of those settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He is significant in all of those settings.
    Not from what iv seen in the comics but I haven't read that much with him in it other than that 8 day story he doesn't really compare to the top guys in those universes at least from what iv seen.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not from what iv seen in the comics but I haven't read that much with him in it other than that 8 day story he doesn't really compare to the top guys in those universes at least from what iv seen.
    The benchmark is "not a mook,"

In One Piece, YYH and Record of Ragnarok have mooks but they are wildly below Juggernaut.

Extraordinary Member

Also, at least in One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho, there aren't a lot of people (if any) that can physically hurt Juggernaut. At least if we're talking the classic version. Don't know what level he is at nowadays.

But yeah, classic Juggernaut is quite a bit above a mook in One Piece and YYH.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. He has no Spiral power and can’t make it off planet.

Heroic Age. He is stronger than a single ship of the silver or (worm?) tribe, but that’s it. Get enough silvers and they use telepath to put him down. Enough works swarm him. And the planet busting weapons + Nodos destroy him. If you compare him to like a random human he is overpowered, but compared to the relevant fighting parties he is borderline fodder lacking space flight.

Vertigo Lucifer comic….lol. Not exactly weak though…..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm thinking that a class 100 who tanks stuff in excess of Class 100...it's going to be pretty hard to just find a universe where he's just some teckla.
    Indeed, but that's the fun!
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. He has no Spiral power and can’t make it off planet.
    On the other hand, if you load him into a gun and shoot him at something, he should definitely penetrate it. Man might be motivated to help out with what's at stake. Imagine if they'd had him when they were caught in the anti spiral power thing and unable to hit the generator with a missile.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Indeed, but that's the fun!
    Even my own go-to for overpowered characters wouldn't put him as a mook. O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The benchmark is "not a mook,"

In One Piece, YYH and Record of Ragnarok have mooks but they are wildly below Juggernaut.
    You can say that about literally almost anything tho even dragon ball.

At the very least, I'd say defining him as a mook or not really depends on how he interacts with main characters and main character equal entities, as that's who mooks exist to lose to. So lets decide how much work a main character should have to do to remove someone as a threat before they pass the threshold of being not mooks. Bit more difficult in a more abstracted setting, like just saying "Exalted" where the power level we could set a main character at could range pretty wildly. But the same goes for a martial arts movie: A lot of the fall guys would be plenty threatening against lesser dudes in the setting.

First, I think for sure, the hero should be able to defeat/remove/incapacitate at least four of him and be at most moderately pressured. Maybe able to get into trouble if there's extenuating circumstances, maybe not the most graceful of wins. I'm thinking Jackie Chan fighting a room full of guys levels of effort here. You know Jackie Chan is going to win, but he'll still have to tumble over some things in the doing. I'm choosing the number 4 here because I find that's generally the largest number we'll see early bosses in when they come back as mini bosses or regular enemies later on in a beat'em up game.

I think the main character should be able to beat a single Juggernaut easily enough to do it stylishly and appear relatively effortless even if it isn't, like Goku breakdance fighting the Ginyu Force. He shouldn't rate as a threat in a straight fight, but I think it's allowable if he could still harm or kill someone if they ere being held down. Again, mooks in your typical Jackie Chan movie are plenty capable of hurting him. They're just not going to be able to.

If they're able to kill him, they shouldn't HAVE to kill him. So I don't think having an esoteric that could instant kill him would qualify, because it means he still has enough agency in the setting to mess **** up. Unless someone is so powerful that they can trivially kill and resurrect him.

Basically, I think to qualify as a mook, he has to be comparatively lacking in agency to do anything significant to the story's progress.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    At the very least, I'd say defining him as a mook or not really depends on how he interacts with main characters and main character equal entities, as that's who mooks exist to lose to. So lets decide how much work a main character should have to do to remove someone as a threat before they pass the threshold of being not mooks. Bit more difficult in a more abstracted setting, like just saying "Exalted" where the power level we could set a main character at could range pretty wildly. But the same goes for a martial arts movie: A lot of the fall guys would be plenty threatening against lesser dudes in the setting.

First, I think for sure, the hero should be able to defeat/remove/incapacitate at least four of him and be at most moderately pressured. Maybe able to get into trouble if there's extenuating circumstances, maybe not the most graceful of wins. I'm thinking Jackie Chan fighting a room full of guys levels of effort here. You know Jackie Chan is going to win, but he'll still have to tumble over some things in the doing. I'm choosing the number 4 here because I find that's generally the largest number we'll see early bosses in when they come back as mini bosses or regular enemies later on in a beat'em up game.

I think the main character should be able to beat a single Juggernaut easily enough to do it stylishly and appear relatively effortless even if it isn't, like Goku breakdance fighting the Ginyu Force. He shouldn't rate as a threat in a straight fight, but I think it's allowable if he could still harm or kill someone if they ere being held down. Again, mooks in your typical Jackie Chan movie are plenty capable of hurting him. They're just not going to be able to.

If they're able to kill him, they shouldn't HAVE to kill him. So I don't think having an esoteric that could instant kill him would qualify, because it means he still has enough agency in the setting to mess **** up. Unless someone is so powerful that they can trivially kill and resurrect him.

Basically, I think to qualify as a mook, he has to be comparatively lacking in agency to do anything significant to the story's progress.
    Thanks, setting that baseline helps!

Mob Psycho 100. They definitely have the TK to remove the helmet and I'm pretty sure they can use TP to shut him down.

I feel like there have to be some Jojo characters who can beat him pretty easy with hax but I'm not sure who.

Heh in One Piece Juggernaut would be Yonkō
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Sandman.

Morpheus and The Endless would laugh at Juggs.

And then there's Lucifer Morningstar ...

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Tenchi's a good suggestion because Tenchi also wouldn't be afraid to show him as a mook. They love emphasizing how ridiculous the main cast is by having allegedly strong outsiders come in and get treated like non-issues.

There's certainly weaker settings where he wouldn't rate much, but Tenchi is a setting where they'll actually have him BE a mook, not just the power level of a mook.
    It has been a while(years) but outside of the Chousen, users of the light Hawk wings, and God Tenchi, I don't recall anyone else who would be a threat to Juggs?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It has been a while(years) but outside of the Chousen, users of the light Hawk wings, and God Tenchi, I don't recall anyone else who would be a threat to Juggs?
    The main series got more seasons. Most of the main cast is arbitrarily overpowered at this point (and all of the Chousen are just straight up openly living there now), and I think the tech level is such that offensive teleportation should be pretty readily available to anyone with any relevance here, which ain't great for him. Also they've got protagonists from some of the other series' hanging out as of season 5.v However, I'm basing this off my own ideas of what makes a mook, outlined above, since just comparing him to a whole setting doesn't really work. Point here is, if Juggernaut shows up at the Masaki shrine, the primary setting of the entire series, and tries to start ****, he is trivially dispensed with inside of three seconds. Washu presses a button and he's on Jupiter, or trapped in some infinitely recursive negative space labyrinth, or whatever. Everyone is faster than him, and they have access to ridiculous levels of tech bullshit, and Tenchi is much more readily able to use his powers now (also extremely superhuman). There's honestly probably more that could be said, but the Ryoohki series got really frustrating in that each season is basically just snapshots all connected by apocryphal material from like ten different sources.