Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How powerful is juggernaut anyway? Below Thanos level?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    How powerful is juggernaut anyway? Below Thanos level?
    He's a legit class 100, with regards to strength. Durability, he far surpasses that. And even if one gets through his absolutely ridiculous durability, he has demonstrated rather impressive regeneration in the past. Then there's the whole 'unstoppable' thing - it takes something like Thor's Godblast just to stop him moving and push him back when he gets going (note: Thor's Godblast didn't actually HURT him).

Sometimes he has a force field, sometimes he doesn't, seems to depend on the writer. More modern Juggernaut tends to not have a force field, as I recall.

He has no resistance to mental attacks, but tends to wear a helmet that can stop Xavier-level psychic assaults. People have gotten the helmet off him in the past - it's usually how the X-men win against him.

He isn't terribly skilled, of course, and has basically no speed. But he normally doesn't need it, given his strength and crazy durability.

Essentially, he's very powerful and tremendously durable on a physical level, but someone like Thanos should be able to pin him down (based on skill and strength, given how Thanos busts planets just by fighting on them), tear off his helmet, and then mind-zorch him.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Has anyone ever built a huge Juggernaut gun and just shot him at somebody? Like I feel this is a tremendous missed opportunity for beating some mid-tier cosmic or something, just leveraging the unstoppable-ness as hard as they can.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Has anyone ever built a huge Juggernaut gun and just shot him at somebody? Like I feel this is a tremendous missed opportunity for beating some mid-tier cosmic or something, just leveraging the unstoppable-ness as hard as they can.
    I think... and I may be digging pretty deep into the CBR Lore here... I think you just described the ending of the SHR 2 RPG that Cleric ran?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think... and I may be digging pretty deep into the CBR Lore here... I think you just described the ending of the SHR 2 RPG that Cleric ran?
    Well I'm glad *someone* did it
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    He's a legit class 100, with regards to strength. Durability, he far surpasses that. And even if one gets through his absolutely ridiculous durability, he has demonstrated rather impressive regeneration in the past. Then there's the whole 'unstoppable' thing - it takes something like Thor's Godblast just to stop him moving and push him back when he gets going (note: Thor's Godblast didn't actually HURT him).

Sometimes he has a force field, sometimes he doesn't, seems to depend on the writer. More modern Juggernaut tends to not have a force field, as I recall.

He has no resistance to mental attacks, but tends to wear a helmet that can stop Xavier-level psychic assaults. People have gotten the helmet off him in the past - it's usually how the X-men win against him.

He isn't terribly skilled, of course, and has basically no speed. But he normally doesn't need it, given his strength and crazy durability.

Essentially, he's very powerful and tremendously durable on a physical level, but someone like Thanos should be able to pin him down (based on skill and strength, given how Thanos busts planets just by fighting on them), tear off his helmet, and then mind-zorch him.
    So if him and Thanos were to fight Thanos would win because he is more skilled?

So if him and Thanos were to fight Thanos would win because he is more skilled?
    And strong enough to knock Juggs on his ass tbe same way the Godblast did. He just wouldn't be able to hurt him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    And strong enough to knock Juggs on his ass tbe same way the Godblast did. He just wouldn't be able to hurt him.
    Pretty much, though maybe not against an already moving Marko. Either way, Thanos is stronger than Juggernaut, easily durable enough to withstand his attacks, more skilled than him, has a bucketload of esoteric and energy attacks...most of which won't do anything to Cain, but it's probably not that hard for Thanos to just get the upper hand in the fight, tear off Marko's helmet, then mind-frag him into submission.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Pretty much, though maybe not against an already moving Marko. Either way, Thanos is stronger than Juggernaut, easily durable enough to withstand his attacks, more skilled than him, has a bucketload of esoteric and energy attacks...most of which won't do anything to Cain, but it's probably not that hard for Thanos to just get the upper hand in the fight, tear off Marko's helmet, then mind-frag him into submission.
    How much stronger is Thanos compared to Juggernaut?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How much stronger is Thanos compared to Juggernaut?
    Well, Juggernaut seems to be fairly even with the likes of Thor and Hulk on the strength front, while Thanos manhandles guys on that tier like they were little kids at least a couple of power ups ago.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-07-2022 at 10:10 PM.

Basically, yeah.

In one of Thanos' first appearances - before multiple powerups - he and Drax got in a fight on a deserted world. Their fight shattered the world. Note: they didn't shatter the world by punching the ground, or anything. The world just blew up because they were punching EACH OTHER that hard.

As another example, Thanos has pretty much beaten the Silver Surfer into a coma with a half-a-dozen punches.

I'm pretty cool with the idea that he can get Juggernaut into some kind of hold, then tear off his helmet. At which point, bzort, Cain is now in a coma himself.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-07-2022 at 01:55 PM.
    Why are we here?

It's always fun to see powered-up version of Juggernaut, because whenever that happens, you know the writers are gonna have to bend over backwards to justify defeating him :P

There's been a few comics where Juggernaut has pulled out some other weird abilities, using his force field as a projectile, draining energy from magical beings, flight, and once got so powerful he was physically able to punch through dimensions.

Usually though, like 99.9% of the time, he just punches things. I guess the idea is that the Juggernaut could potentially be a much more dangerous person, but he just likes being a big guy that hits things.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Basically, yeah.

In one of Thanos' first appearances - before multiple powerups - he and Drax got in a fight on a deserted world. Their fight shattered the world. Note: they didn't shatter the world by punching the ground, or anything. The world just blew up because they were punching EACH OTHER that hard.
    To put this in perspective, I believe that Drax had just finished ripping up a star with his bare hands in a fit of rage before this fight and this fight ended with Thanos' decisive victory.

In the hands of a more skilled or imaginative man I could see the Juggernaut power being used in ways Cain could never comprehend. Says something about Colossus that he did not either....

Bit like that time Emma Frost took over Iceman's body and used his powers totally differently and more bad ass than Bobby did.

I wonder how Juggernaut would fair on Maestro's (original) world?