View Poll Results: Does it bother you that S&L doesn't take place in the Arrow-verse?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it bothers me

5 11.90%
  • No, I'm glad they are a different universe

19 45.24%
  • Don't care.

18 42.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I lost interest in the Arrowverse years ago so I didn't mind. But I wouldn't mind a Stargirl crossover in the future.
    If they do, I want to hear Courtney say something like "You're a lot younger than our world's Superman."
    Assassinate Putin!

Isn't it more likely that Earth-2 doesn't have a Superman at all?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I'm actually glad to hear this and it's actually making me think about watching the show now.

My opinion, it is simply poor writing. Why do Crises and end it the way you do when you ignore it and do this?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I think it's good and safer for S&L. Nexstar is focusing on an older demo than Flash and S&L draw from. That may make their renewals after this coming season on Nexstar. iffy. With S&L being out of the Arrowverse I'm thinking it will be easier for HBO Max to pick the show up if Nexstar cancels it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    If they do, I want to hear Courtney say something like "You're a lot younger than our world's Superman."
    I'd be cool with him being played by Mark Harmon. He did Supes in Crisis on Two Earths.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't it more likely that Earth-2 doesn't have a Superman at all?
    I don't honestly expect that there is. Or for a crossover to even happen. I just think it would be kind of cool.
    Assassinate Putin!

I couldn't care less, I moved on from the Arrowverse a long time ago.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    He basically doesn't know them. This is a completely separate world. The original plan seems to be have been to have it be in the Arrow-verse but they pulled all connecting elements out in the first season and decided to do their own thing. This Superman and his team do seem to know that other Earth's exist and that there are other superheroes on them. But he's the only one on this one. As for why they did this, my guess is this has something to do with the CW being for sale. Once someone buys it, my guess is any DC related properties will be pulled. They may be setting this up to be an HBOMax show only at that point. In which case, they don't need the Arrow-verse anymore.
    HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHMMHM, A DC SUPERHERO ADAPTATION IN THE 2020s NOT APART OF A SHARED UNIVERSE?! I AM SHOCKED, UTTERLY FLABBERGASTED AND BAMBOOZLED.

I may just watch the show now.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 07-07-2022 at 09:52 PM.

Incredible Member

I felt it was a bit of a cheat what they did. Instead of trying to explain why Superman didn't get help from Kara or Martian Manhunter they simply went 'Pfft, we'll just say the show takes place on another Earth. Why work so hard.'

Not really liking the show so much. Too much time spent on teen angst. And for being that Earth's only superhero he sures spends a lot of time in Smallville. I think he only left town twice. Once for a bank heist in Mexico and once to rescue a Russian sub.

The whole Earth is being swallowed/combined with a Bizarro Earth and the way Superman helps is to go to a small town meeting and reassure people there to keep their hopes up and everything will be alright. What about the rest of the people on Earth wondering where Superman is and why isn't he doing something? He had his powers drained and couldn't fly to the major cities or the UN but he could have had Gen. Lane see about setting up some cameras and try to broadcast a message to calm everyone down.

Astonishing Member

I don't care. Arrowverse is almost dead anyway.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Any distance gained from that universe is a-okay with me.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Nope. The Arrrowverse went downhill VERY fast and never recovered from COIE. Its practically dead anyway.

Supergirl didn't do that great of justice to a lot of Superman villains so, I'd rather see new versions of them down the road.....and likely VERY unpopular opinion...while I would love for Melissa to guest star as Kara...I would not be opposed to them bringing in a younger Kara to become SG or Powergirl. This show has way tooo many male Kryptonians.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nope. The Arrrowverse went downhill VERY fast and never recovered from COIE. Its practically dead anyway.

Supergirl didn't do that great of justice to a lot of Superman villains so, I'd rather see new versions of them down the road.....and likely VERY unpopular opinion...while I would love for Melissa to guest star as Kara...I would not be opposed to them bringing in a younger Kara to become SG or Powergirl. This show has way tooo many male Kryptonians.
    Much as I would love to see PG get some love from DC and not just be a joke, I imagine they'll just treat her as a mantle rather than her own character. She'll likely get used as Kara's "Nightwing."
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I'll be honest; if S&L had come out just after the Crisis event, I would have been more upset. But since? My interested in CW's DC has really fallen off. It's why I didn't have high hopes for S&L when it was announced. But this show is SO tonally different in enough ways that crossovers into other shows would feel jarring. S&L is, as much as it still has some CW-ness, so much more mature and nuanced; it wouldn't have been a good fit if they'd tried.

So, I'm happy it gets to be it's own thing.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/