Default TVA (MCU) vs The Commission (Umbrella Academy)

The Commission gets Lila and Five, the TVA get Loki. Which time agency wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    The Commission gets Lila and Five, the TVA get Loki. Which time agency wins?
    The TVA is massively larger and massively better equipped. It's their fight to lose. Honestly, the TVA will barely notice the encounter.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

the TVA actually not only handled merely time, but also kept most of the multiverse in check, and has devices that can kill time-lines.

Also, Five really is the only fighter they have, and he has handicapped himself greatly, only using teleportation. in this current state he isnt killing Loki.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Commission was a subsidiary of the TVA.

Maybe if Lila had Viktor's power they'd have a chance?

The TVA somehow handled IG problems so they can probably deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The TVA somehow handled IG problems so they can probably deal with this.
    Ya they HAVE handled Thanos's that deviated from the "Sacred Timeline". so yea generally they fight stronger foes than the commision does.

I'm not sure they fought a full on IG thanos though, if the TVA is in that specific universe i feel they should not be able to supercede the time stone with their own time technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Commission was a subsidiary of the TVA.

Maybe if Lila had Viktor's power they'd have a chance?
    She could only play on the defense (as would Five) as their powers would not work when they are in the TVA, the commision HQ has no such defensives.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    the TVA actually not only handled merely time, but also kept most of the multiverse in check, and has devices that can kill time-lines.
    They do not have such devices.

They have devices that send variant spaces to the end of time, where Alioth then eats them. This works largely the same against most of what they deal with, but if their opponents are carrying personal time travel devices then suddenly most of the TVA's equipment is irrelevant because they can just come back.

Honestly as they're presented in the show, if a handful of people with guns managed to enter the TVA's headquarters they would be wildly unable to deal with the situation. I haven't watched the later seasons of Umbrella Academy but I believe Commission agents tend to carry firearms?
    Last edited by Siriel; 07-02-2022 at 01:06 PM.