Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's heavily implied that SSJ3 is a form that requires a burdensome amount of power and was only sustainable in someone with a more durable body in the afterlife and that living Saiyans would find it too inefficient.
    Gotenks funnily enough could use it better than Goku did, and Goku also says he's not used to the form too.

Problem with the form is that it's hard to master it, but there's a possibility that mastering it can work, kinda like how Goku and Gohan managed to remove any drawback SS1 had.

SSJ2 is probably similar in concept but because it's not using the same amount of power, it's less of a strain.
    Toriyama claims it's the case, but as far as what's actually shown, SS2 is just "SS1, but better in every way" even if we only talk about the original manga.

The whole point of SSJ God and SSJ Blue was that they were forms that didn't burden the body with excessive energy strain to maintain them.

It's worth noting that when Goku goes SSJ 3 each time there is a problem. The first time it saps his time on Earth, the second time against Kid Boo he loses all of his energy and can't win the fight. Then depending on the continuity you want to use in GT his kid body can't maintain it, and in Super, Beerus just easily overcomes it.
    Honestly, Beerus easily overcoming it isn't a weakness of SS3 itself, just that Beerus is that monstrously strong.

And hell, going by the few times SS3 is used in Super, its stamina drain problem seems to have been toned down a lot, considering how using it for only like a minute against fat Boo even while dead made Goku super tired, but his fight against Beerus and the sparring match against Trunks had him being fine afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    In the manga, during the 6th Universe Tournament, Whis revealed that Blue demands more stamina from the user in order to keep it and it is too much energy demanding. In fact, it was one of the reasons why Vegs lost to Hit.
    This is why both Goku and Vegeta kept using the Super Sayan god form as a back up in their fights.
    The problem seems to be solved to a degree with the Perfected Super Sayan Blue sub form that was introduced against Fused Zamasu.
    That plot point was stupid lol.

In RoF, Goku and Vegeta talk shit about Freeza's Golden form, saying that the form wastes too much stamina, and then Toyotaro decides to show that Blue is even worse with the stamina drain? Come on...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Let's not forget that SS3 can be a physical strain, which is why Vegeta skipped it & continued training/perfecting SS2.
    In other words, an enraged SS2 Vegeta (from DBS) could possibly be far superior to SS3

Me too. I mean, SS1 achieved on Namek will always be the top choice among fandom.
    However, my personal favorite will always be SS4 (simply because I LOVE the colors, and SS4 Gogeta looks Awesome in this state):

I much prefer SS4 simply because of the more creative design.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was the first time Goku became a Super Saiyan. That moment set the standard for shonen power ups.
    While everyone has their favorite transformation, and some cooler than others, I agree its the OG Super Saiyan transformation. Oozaru was basically a werewolf thing, until Vegeta explained it proper, Kaioken is more technique than actual transformation, but Super Saiyan not only opened the door for so much more in Dragon Ball, but in anime and manga in general. With a cultural impact felt worldwide.

Hard NOT to find a shonen series with power up inspired by Dragon Ball. With at least Easter Eggs in other forms of media as well (Super Sons #1 showed both Goku and Naruto).