Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Hi Dan,

This may be off topic but is your returning to Spidey a big reason that he didn't guest that much in your Fantastic Four run?

BANNED

I am wondering how many parts there are to 'End of the Spider-Verse'? Given the scale and stakes, I'm thinking maybe it takes six or seven months? Certainly something that bleeds into the release schedule for Across The Spider-Verse by the time it finishes.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Thank you! I've kinda been overwhelmed by the amount of positive reaction we've been getting.
    Mark and I are going to work very hard to give you the best damn Spidey adventures we can! Mark's already drawn a few issues and they look gorgeous!

I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't really post on CBR. (Edit: This is my 8th post here in 3 years.)

I find that there are are too many regulars here who have some views/takes/interpretations of my work that... (I'm trying to find a diplomatic way of saying this)... don't really reflect what I actually wrote, and say far more about the eye-of-the-beholder than the words and art on the actual pages.
    I don't think my time here interacting with them would be productive.

If people want to ask me questions and interact with me online, the best way to do that would be through a Twitter account, and by sending me a request to follow me there.
    Thanks.
    Thing is Dan, you've popped in now, I suspect because you know this is an active forum, with some very dedicated Spidey fans, and you're back in the saddle with this new book now, so you might as well drop in now and again, as the book progresses...maybe at least on this thread...we'll be chatting away and it will still be amazing to have your perspective occasionally...

I was a naysayer about some of your Spidey stuff, but that's in the past, moving on, you are clearly into Spidey and I'll be getting Spider-Man and looking forward to your next take on the character, and the stories you come up with...and with Bagley art too, nice!

Thanks for dropping by anyway...

BANNED

Slott was interviewed in March about his career with Comics Cube, it's only now been uploaded, give it a go if you're a fan

Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-04-2022 at 07:27 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You know that the Aunt May character isn't 200 years old, so is the joke just "Ha ha old people"? At what age should people no longer be treated with dignity?
    Damn. It's the joke police. Hide the water balloons.
    "Cable was right!"

Thank you! I've kinda been overwhelmed by the amount of positive reaction we've been getting.
    Mark and I are going to work very hard to give you the best damn Spidey adventures we can! Mark's already drawn a few issues and they look gorgeous!

I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't really post on CBR. (Edit: This is my 8th post here in 3 years.)

I find that there are are too many regulars here who have some views/takes/interpretations of my work that... (I'm trying to find a diplomatic way of saying this)... don't really reflect what I actually wrote, and say far more about the eye-of-the-beholder than the words and art on the actual pages.

If people want to ask me questions and interact with me online, the best way to do that would be through a Twitter account, and by sending me a request to follow me there.
    Thanks.
    Mr Slott, thank you.

I have always been a fan of yours.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Slott, where's my Spider-Man/Hellion book? This is what the fans are crying out for.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

i like slott and have been big fan of bagley since the early days and the first issue is going to sell probably 250-300k and peple will be be excited and i think even the first arc will sell like gangbusters. But secondary spiderman books dont work hell you could have stan lee and jim lee on the book but people and regular customers will always go directly and blindly to the flagship amazing spiderman title regardless of quality Its shame slott cant do the 2xmoth scheule grind anymore because im sure marvel would much rather have him back on amazing espically after the very very disappoiting begining to wells run. Il alwasy bring this up when a seconday spiderman book is announced just look at the sales compared to amazing they never match up and its really not even close unless you go back to the old days with spectaclur web of and even to la lesser extent some of the jrjr peter parker run

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i like slott and have been big fan of bagley since the early days and the first issue is going to sell probably 250-300k and peple will be be excited and i think even the first arc will sell like gangbusters. But secondary spiderman books dont work hell you could have stan lee and jim lee on the book but people and regular customers will always go directly and blindly to the flagship amazing spiderman title regardless of quality Its shame slott cant do the 2xmoth scheule grind anymore because im sure marvel would much rather have him back on amazing espically after the very very disappoiting begining to wells run. Il alwasy bring this up when a seconday spiderman book is announced just look at the sales compared to amazing they never match up and its really not even close unless you go back to the old days with spectaclur web of and even to la lesser extent some of the jrjr peter parker run
    Have sells been that bad in comparison for the current run? Like is Marvel worried in a way?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The public hasn't had access to reliable sales since COVID hit.
    "Cable was right!"

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=171575630

I really like the artist, Bagley.
    But not enough to buy anything written by Slott.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Thanks
    ahh, I didn't see this before I asked my question - that's unfortunate because I don't have twitter (because why participate in something that is causing mass mental degradation).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    if it does I wonder what the reaction here will be?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    if it does I wonder what the reaction here will be?
    Hmm, yeah. It could be explosive . . . but that might almost be worthwhile for the amusement/irony factor.
    The spider is always on the hunt.