Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New Spider-Man satellite title by Slott and Bagley

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=171575630

THE END OF SPIDER-VERSE IS UPON US! In the aftermath of EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE, the upcoming limited series that explores and introduces Spider-Heroes from across the Multiverse, comes a new ongoing series by two of Spider-Man’s most legendary creators—Dan Slott and Mark Bagley! Just in time for Spider-Man’s 60th anniversary, the two Spidey masterminds will be teaming up for the first time on the Web-Slinger to unleash the full potential of the Spider-Verse and its beloved heroes in SPIDER-MAN #1!

The new saga will kick off when a threat emerges that will change the fate of Peter Parker and all his fellow Spider icons such as Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider, Miles Morales, Silk, and more, including the new heroes that will debut in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE. The series will also tie directly into the events of Zeb Wells and John Romita Jr.’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run, picking up plot elements such as Spidey’s new costume and his mysterious association with Norman Osborn!

Morlun is back and he is not alone. Allied with one of the most powerful beings known to the Spider-Verse, the scariest Spider-Villain of all time is making his biggest play and no Spider is safe. Especially not the Chosen Spider himself, Peter Parker. With Peter working for Norman Osborn and using a glider… does he have it coming?

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

So excited we finally got a new satellite title, can’t wait to see what happens, always happy for more Bagley art!

If Slott and Bagley want to tell more Spider-Man stories, that's great.

This is also the one way to launch a satellite book for Spider-Man. Adjectiveless Spider-Man is a title that doesn't have baggage of being just a second-tier book. Bringing top creators from the past is a way to suggest that this series matters, and will build on previous work readers have enjoyed. It's also a smart move to open in the aftermath of a major event.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Wow that sounds so unappealing that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was published as a aprils fools joke.

Slott on any title=pass.
    Morlun as a multiverse character=pass
    Scariest spider-villain of all time=pass. That just sounds so cheap.
    Peter Parker as chosen=pass.

If this makes others happy then I am happy for them but for me this rings so many alarms.

BANNED

Hopefully Slott has had some time now to recharge his batteries

I said it before, Peter working for Osborn and using his tech is exactly his kind of toy

BANNED

2 steps forward, 20 steps back.

Everything about this sounds awful, I don’t even blame Slott this time because the is is Lowe and Wells story being forced on us.

We finally get a satellite book and it’s rapist/murderer Osborn is my buddy, everyone HATES Pete status quo.

Astonishing Member

Boy oh boy, just when I thought my week couldn't suck more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Wow that sounds so unappealing that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was published as a aprils fools joke.

Slott on any title=pass.
    Morlun as a multiverse character=pass
    Scariest spider-villain of all time=pass. That just sounds so cheap.
    Peter Parker as chosen=pass.

If this makes others happy then I am happy for them but for me this rings so many alarms.
    This
    Also boring and safe creative team.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Finally, a Spider-book to get excited about again! And with Superior's 10th anniversary coming up next year, the perfect time for Slott to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Lol, paper shortage is causing so many delays, even the April Fools joke is out of date .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    2 steps forward, 20 steps back.

Everything about this sounds awful, I don’t even blame Slott this time because the is is Lowe and Wells story being forced on us.

We finally get a satellite book and it’s rapist/murderer Osborn is my buddy, everyone HATES Pete status quo.
    Rapist Osborn is retcon now but yes murderer Osborn is Peter only friend left
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

So is this set after Spider-Verse III or do they run concurrently?

I think it's really time to let Morlun rest. This from someone who really enjoyed the first JMS arc. He went from creepy unstoppable monster to being about as competent as Wile E. Coyote.

I'm actually interested in this. Sure, the "Peter working for Norman" thing (although It's very likely it'll be undone sometime) is stupid as hell but I'll still check it out.

I am so over Morlun. They want to make him such a threat but man I am so underwhelmed when I see him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    So is this set after Spider-Verse III or do they run concurrently?
    End of Spider-Verse seems to be the first arc of this. Despite the name it's set up as a team book - the synopsis mentions Miles, Gwen, Jessica, and Cindy. Hopefully after the first arc, the girls will all spin-off into their own titles and Miles's will relaunch, leaving this as a second solo book for Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    boring and safe creative team.
    First time they've been on Spider-Man together though. Both have had long runs before, but Bagley was on Ultimate (written of course by Bendis), not Amazing which Slott was on, so he never worked with Slott on the book.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-01-2022 at 12:54 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman