Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

is savage selling well?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This was Spencer right?

He went hard on this throughout his run and in the end they pulled the ol' Montreal screwjob.

But on the topic at hand, why can't Marvel take risks with other writers I mean that's the point of these satellite books
    I guess the thing with Abrams could be considered different/a risk, but I didn't like it, and it basically flopped, right?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Don't even remember it now. I'm sure the show will come up if you feed Dan Slott and Disney Plus into a search engine
    Episode 7 of The Marvel Method

See https://www.cnet.com/culture/enterta...e-comics-fans/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I guess the thing with Abrams could be considered different/a risk, but I didn't like it, and it basically flopped, right?
    true but it was an elseworld title, so i don't know if that counts

Incredible Member

Haven't really thoroughly researched it but i'd have to think Dan is breaking some type of record amongst writers who've had runs on ASM to only then turn-around and come back to the character in some form or another fairly quickly for another run after their first run ended.

I'm guessing for some people Slott's return will fall under the category of how can we miss you if you won't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Haven't really thoroughly researched it but i'd have to think Dan is breaking some type of record amongst writers who've had runs on ASM to only then turn-around and come back to the character in some form or another fairly quickly for another run after their first run ended.

I'm guessing for some people Slott's return will fall under the category of how can we miss you if you won't go away.
    Honestly, Spider-Man titles tend to have writers return.

Stan Lee left with #100, and then came back with #105 when Roy Thomas' run didn't work out.
    Gerry Conway left with ASM #149 with a cover date of October 1975. He then came back with Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #1 with a cover date of December 1976. It didn't work out then, but he had a decent run on both satellite books in the 80s.
    Bill Mantlo had multiple runs, with Marvel Team Up from October 1975-April 1977, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man from August 1977-May 1980 and then Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man again from December 1981-April 1984.
    Tom DeFalco was on Amazing Spider-man from April 1984-December 1986 (plotting a few more issues), came back with Spider-Man Unlimited in 1993, came back with Amazing Spider-Man January 1996-September 1998, and then did Spider-Girl for over a decade.
    DeMatteis had a run on Marvel Team Up , followed a few years later by Kraven's Last Hunt, followed a few years later by a run on Spectacular Spider-Man, followed a bit later by a run on Amazing Spider-Man, followed a bit later by a new run on Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

So instead of a new spider-verse event the "final" big spider-verse story will be told in this comic instead? I'm kind of interested, but Spider-Geddon was meh for me. I just hope the villains are a big threat like in the original spider-verse. Those original edge of spider-verse tie ins were fire cause you realized that the spider people could die like flies and the inheritors were extremely powerful.