Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,992

    Default DC vs. Vampires #7 Preview

    DC vs. Vampires #7 Preview
    Writers: James Tynion IV and Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Otto Schmidt


  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    88,964

    Default

    That is one really makeshift team Bones has for him there. Also Adam Strange with a Suicide Squad-esque team makes me hope he's not a criminal here...

  3. #3

    Default

    they turn Superman, firestorm, Plastic man & shazam into a vampire ok

    Honestly stop putting logic into this universe when the book itself constantly contradicts itself ever other page & suspension of disbelief it skyrocketing

  4. #4

    Default

    Finally! Another long delay.

    The last issue was awesome! This is pure comic book fun. I'm interested in Green Arrow & Alfred's next survival move, and.....if we'll get (Either good or evil) a Vampire Batman.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    The last issue was awesome! This is pure comic book fun. I'm interested in Green Arrow & Alfred's next survival move, and.....if we'll get (Either good or evil) a Vampire Batman.
    Batman is dead. Dick and Damian are vampires, if that counts.

  6. #6
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,150

    Default

    someone let me know when the vampires win
    The J-man

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Batman is dead. Dick and Damian are vampires, if that counts.
    I'm aware of that, but Alfred and Green Arrow were able to escape with his body....so yes he's dead...but will he become undead?

    If it was any other hero I would say he's absolutely dead....but because he's DC's flagship hero...I wouldn't be surprised if he still plays a significant role in the story.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I'm aware of that, but Alfred and Green Arrow were able to escape with his body....so yes he's dead...but will he become undead?

    If it was any other hero I would say he's absolutely dead....but because he's DC's flagship hero...I wouldn't be surprised if he still plays a significant role in the story.
    Isn't it his body shown hanging in preview? On second page.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Isn't it his body shown hanging in preview? On second page.
    Looks like it. Maybe he is dead, but if I recall correctly I thought I saw Green Arrow and Alfred retrieve his body before they went down in the submarine.

    Not bothered if he is, I have no qualms about having Green Arrow, Black Canary and other heroes take the spotlight......my preference personally.

    I am just loving the fact that I'm getting to see a variety of DCU heroes in action.....hard to come by these days when over half of DC's comics are boring trilogy titles.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    someone let me know when the vampires win
    Well, technically they have won so really it more of whether they lose it all or not, but i get your point when the level of stupid is this bad...i mean vampire Superman has powers but not Kara? Yeah that makes sense.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Looks like it. Maybe he is dead, but if I recall correctly I thought I saw Green Arrow and Alfred retrieve his body before they went down in the submarine.

    Not bothered if he is, I have no qualms about having Green Arrow, Black Canary and other heroes take the spotlight......my preference personally.

    I am just loving the fact that I'm getting to see a variety of DCU heroes in action.....hard to come by these days when over half of DC's comics are boring trilogy titles.
    It is going to come down on whether or not Barbara kills Vamp Grayson or she gets turned in the end, not if the other heroes pull of their obejectives. In the end this is just another Bat themed event.

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    205

    Default

    It’s a very odd title. It seems very obviously designed to try and replicate the success of Dceased. But often seems to be trying to hard.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    It’s a very odd title. It seems very obviously designed to try and replicate the success of Dceased. But often seems to be trying to hard.
    ...you're not wrong in your assessment.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,229

    Default

    Didn't Tynion write in one of his newsletters that he wanted his own Dceased?

  15. #15
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I want to like it, but there are so many WTF? distractions, ass-pulls and OOC moments that it's really hard to stay in the story and not be disappointed at the missed opportunity of really mixing horror with superheroics.

    King Dick's plan to slowly infiltrate the super-community goes sideways when Andrew Bennett gets involved, which is fair enough, but after that it seems to rely on Batman (of all people) effectively taking the majority of the Justice League down for him.

    That confrontation scene in issue 5 is where it really went off the rails for me.

    Batman's lunatic defeatism, his lack of anything like a sensible plan. Hey, Bats, if you think vampires might have a problem turning the Martian Manhunter, why not extend the same caution towards Superman? If you think the Big Boy Scout has been turned, then that's three of the four big hitters down and (from how everyone talks from issue#6 onwards) basically the whole ballgame, why the f#%k would they still be pretending to be alive when with Supes on side they could just turn the others?

    There's the mistakes with the art that had Wonder Woman fighting Batman fully red-eyed and befanged while the rest of the team - including Superman - don't appear to notice. Hell, even Green Lantern pops the fangs out after Ollie shoots him and Martian Manhunter a) doesn't notice, and b) never stops to wonder why the two 'vampires' are the ones fighting without using supernatural powers.

    The League think they're up against two vampires but not one of them brings a cross or holy water or any other anti-vampire tool? Batman does. He's got a vial of holy water in his utility belt, which he never thinks of using as a test of who is and isn't a vampire before the fight breaks out!?!?

    It was just... well, it was terrible.

    I think that's the problem with it for me. DCeased went from 0 to 60 damned quick, but at least its progression made some sense. DCvV, however, while it started slow, building up the tension, seemed to lurch into a "And then everyone was a vampire" freefall without warning, and the tie-ins don't seem to make much sense.

    Okay, now I'm just moaning. I'm sad because this miniseries could have been soooo much better, but it looks like it's been too rushed to be properly thought out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •