Extraordinary Member

Default Monkey Prince #6 Preview

Monkey Prince #6 Preview
    Writer: Gene Luen Yang
    Artist: Bernard Chang

Isn't Black Manta's speech bubbles supposed to be all black?

They weren't black last issue either so I guess this is what the creative is going with for Manta in this series. There are also some issues, I think, with Trench speaking - some is translated in caption boxes, some goes straight to English.

We also get a confirmation that this series will return in October, was a bit worried that it might have been cancelled due to low sales or something like that.

As for the story itself, a lot happens and Atlantis gets a new neighbour.

Have the Trench ever been shown to have a monarchy before? They have always just seemed like a savage pack of predators with no real societal structure.

I haven't read it, but wiki says that Trench King was created in Aquaman 62-63.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    They weren't black last issue either so I guess this is what the creative is going with for Manta in this series. There are also some issues, I think, with Trench speaking - some is translated in caption boxes, some goes straight to English.

We also get a confirmation that this series will return in October, was a bit worried that it might have been cancelled due to low sales or something like that.

As for the story itself, a lot happens and Atlantis gets a new neighbour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Have the Trench ever been shown to have a monarchy before? They have always just seemed like a savage pack of predators with no real societal structure.
    I could be mis-remembering but I think the Trench had like a queen or an alpha who the rest basically followed but only in the sense of animals having a leader. They've never been particularly sentient.

Yeah, I too remember Trench having something like pack leader when Johns was writing them. I'll probably get to those recent Aquaman issues at some point to see if it was explained there or is this entirely new development by Yang.