Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I think it may be a 2 step process, when people believe in him he can believe on himself even harder ……
    Is interesting that is kind of how deities in Marvel Universe work . At first they need others faith(that by the way is an actually source of energy in MU...universal Church harnessed it in GreenLantern like powers) to empower themselves, but then the faith they have in and amongst themselves suffice for survival as well as the little nugget of faith here and there.
    And considering that non deities HAVE reached apotheosis and god status by absorbing enough faith(the skrull and shiar pantheons were born this way) make one wonder if Exodus is close to ascend to true, bona to fidae, godhood.

This was honestly THE most pretentious and eye rolling thing i have read in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Anti-pope. BWAH!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Never been a Cyclops fan, but also never saw him as a nerd. Always saw him as the All-American jock turned rising star in the company being groomed to take over who can do no wrong.
    I suggest you read those original X-men issues. You're describing Angel and Beast.

Also, if nothing else, House of X/P10 made it clear Xavier never had plans for him, or anyone else, to take over- his purpose was always to run missions and defeat Xavier's enemies for him. Even in Morrison's NXM, he chose Jean to take over the school, and in Claremont's original run, it was Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was honestly THE most pretentious and eye rolling thing i have read in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Anti-pope. BWAH!
    You say that, but it's a real term and the issue has actually made Exodus more interesting than what he's been in decades.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    You say that, but it's a real term and the issue has actually made Exodus more interesting than what he's been in decades.
    Yeah, I'm confused. Does he think Gillen invented the term here?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The way people don't even use spoiler tags anymore, just blurting out details about the book when they feel like it with no regard for readers who may not have read it yet.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

How is he more interesting when his story is being regressed and repeated? Exodus in canon said he no longer was following anyone. Since his creation, his story has been pretty simple. Realizing the potential inside of him so no longer needs to follow anyone to feel that. He even repeats in the issue following Apocalypse and Magneto. They’ve just been replaced in his story by Hope as the new thing on a pedestal in his life.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I honestly don't know what the hell this was. A character deep dive/overview which while somewhat interesting had absolutely nothing to do with the story/tie-in being told?

I think Gillen got POV mixed up with Character Bios. Because as written, the one had very little to do with the other. And if this is how the other seven books will read then...I think it's time to disembark from this train.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    THIS is the MOST PRETENTIOUS but X Lives and X deaths of Wolverine was not?

This issue was perfect, It move me to tears and I am an atheist, I was already an Exodus fan, now I am a stan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Exodus' fights with Sersi are always weird cause nothing Exodus has ever done before or since puts him on her level. Yet he won easily once in a psychic battle and fought her for a while in a whole battle of powers.

Also using Exodus for most Omegas is kinda whack cause unless you're playing with a Psychic Omega or Reality warper, Sersi is a problem cause she is a reality warper.
    They never really used Sersi well, ever, because her power of transmutation is too much of an 'I win' button. She's got marginal telepathy, and that's not really Exodus' real forte either, so I'm not too fussed with the two of them not really being all that well-defined for telepathic combat, and she can throw force blasts, but isn't an expert at them like Thena or Ikaris (who have specialized in energy blasts), and it seemed like writers tended to resort to her blasting stuff with her blasts, rather than admit that she could just sort of end any encounter by turning her adversaries into pigs, or ornamental vases, or wet whiffs of vapor on the breeze, if she bothered to use her actual main power, of transmutation.

Similarly, Exodus, back in the day, was used oddly. When introduced, his main power was supposed to be teleportation, but he'd developed other psionic abilities like telepathy and telekinesis over the years, and then he sort of morphed into a Jean Grey-class telekinetic, and his teleportation sort of got forgotten? (Fighting Sersi, his most effective tactic could have been to send her thousands of miles away, since she, like most Eternals, kind of sucks at teleportation, and, unlike Makkari, and to a lesser extent Ikaris, she isn't the fastest flier, having put all of her focus into mastering transmutation, so she could be out of the fight for hours!)

So neither of them leaned into their strengths, they just sort of floated above Genosha (IIRC) and threw zaps at each other while fighting telepathically, which was literally the least effective thing either of them could do, other than maybe having a dance-off. (Because there's no drama in Exodus waving his hand and sending the most powerful Avenger present thousands of miles away, taking her out of the fight instantly!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-04-2022 at 03:45 AM.

I'm glad it did that for some. Personally i rolled my eyes several times and hope we never have to get in exodus head again. This is so far from what i expected for exodus, i was thinking he would be at a level we saw storm at or what not not just literally scrapping the barrel for anybody to follow. And that hand holding scene for me was like "ohhhh a thousand years and he acts two."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    THIS is the MOST PRETENTIOUS but X Lives and X deaths of Wolverine was not?

This issue was perfect, It move me to tears and I am an atheist, I was already an Exodus fan, now I am a stan.
    Yes. It was the most pretentious to me. I have not read X lives or deaths of wolverine and still have no want or will to. So i can't really say if it's super pretentious or not. What specifically brought you to tears about this issue? For me it was a long recap.

I mean even the recap makes no sense. Hope's ascension to the council created quite a stir among the council. Really? When? what was the stir. The fans had more of a stir at her killing a mentally infant selene along with exodus then her joining the council which basically she was just placed on because she does resurrections. But then this issue is the second time she gets sent away from the council because what she does is so precious. So why is she even on the council if all one will do is keep telling Sansa, uh Hope, to go be safe somewhere. False importance.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-04-2022 at 04:00 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Please use this thread to discuss the issue: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Men-5-SPOILERS
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

As an Exodus fan to say I was disappointed is an understatement, instead of enriching the background of an enigmatic but very interesting character Gillen decided to re-trace the history we already know.The idea that Exodus sees mutantdom as a stand in for Christendom is not new, at least to me.That’s how I always read his ethos. I feel like this issue did next to nothing for the character.Specifically to the character if Gillen went down the route of a ‘temptation in the desert’ and wanted to take a deeper dive laying a lot of teases..a far more effective way with action and deeper meaning would be to use the Uni-mind but in a completely different way. By entering Exodus’ psyche in stages ,in the guise of some of the QC members, (the other QC members had their own ways their psyche was assaulted but narrate only Exodus’ experience) through each council member representing a facet of Exodus’ trial.Start off with Destiny promising Exodus that he is destined to lead mutants but in typical Exodus fashion he says Hope is the mutant messiah, then you have him see a memory of him battling Sersi telepathically ,but reveal visions of them fighting in the crusades and kissing, laying a tantalizing hint that they have a history(which would pay-off in this saga, if he has as big a role as Gillen touts) it ends with her saying something like ‘I’m an eternal and you’re mutant’ as she shape shifts into Mystique and recedes into a fog .Then he moves onto an encounter with Shaw ridiculing him for trying to unite humanity with mutants during the one time he did it in Genosha considering that Genosha became rubble.. here you have him flying to the sun as a memory. Xavier and Emma tempt him to join them as the telepathic ‘force warriors’ against any insurrectionists on Krakoa. Magneto perhaps castigating him about disappearance of Sinister, who he was meant to keep vigilant watch over with Exodus retorting that Magneto is the one who showed ill judgment putting Sinister on the council/or stepping down form the council carried as much blame. Finally a vision of the Phoenix appearing in the vessel of Apocalypse telling Exodus , he was meant to be its rightful host,if only he had killed his friend ,but he declares he has seen the Phoenix in its true form and will not stray from being the true herald, just as he is woken up by Hope.
    I mean it’s definitely not as infantile as trying to slay a hydra –even if it was a projection, but to me this would be more intriguing like a puzzle with so many hints where he stands with other council members leaving us to guess how much of it is in his head and how much of it really happened.Anyway we got what we got.