Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The ****? Curse of the Ebony blade was good. What is with the hate for Black Knight-it’s because he’s an avenger isn’t it?

I also don’t know why we’d need to retcon his imprisoned as not-Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    The ****? Curse of the Ebony blade was good. What is with the hate for Black Knight-it’s because he’s an avenger isn’t it?

They can do pretty much anything with an origin that literally nobody has read lol. Also was about to joke that it’s problematic that Black Knights is white and they should have him step down in favour of someone darker skinned, but then remembered that actually happened and it was fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They can do pretty much anything with an origin that literally nobody has read lol. Also was about to joke that it’s problematic that Black Knights is white and they should have him step down in favour of someone darker skinned, but then remembered that actually happened and it was fine.
    What's problematic is Apocalypse inventing blue skin dye just so people don't know he's african /s

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I always thought he was a mutant with some or all of his abilities, but Big A enhanced him.

I do wonder though if A did/does have the power to 'make' mutants a century or two before Nathan Essex is born... BUT his Essex enhancement didn't make him a mutant?
    Even if he couldn't give x-genes to humans, he could for sure enhance both mutants and humans with Celestial tech and Celestial seeds. He enhanced Ozymandias and Essex without Essex's help.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of people Apocalypse has enhanced or activated their powers, does anyone know if it was ever officially said whether Moses Magnum was a mutant whose powers Apocalypse activated, or a human he gave powers to? I've always wondered what category he falls under, but never saw an official claim one way or the other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Don't you love it when Marvel writers and artists fail to do any kind of bullpen fact-checking before they agree to publish a story or worse develop a contagious case of selective amnesia and pen a story differently than one that was already written?

Bennet du Paris' origin story was written in "Black Knight: Exodus #1" -- Immortal X-Men #5 must be an in-story flashback because in "Black Knight: Exodus #1", Apocalypse only spoke to Paris telepathically and told him to feel the power within himself -- Apocalypse never reveled himself to Paris -- much less physically touch his face...
    That story had very little exposition on Exodus himself,this one likely will( in the sense that we will read his inner voice)so I expect some retcons to come with this storyline. My thinking is Apoc probably put him through trials to awaken his powers,and the Eternals entombed him. I think one of the sinister clues is this issue is described as .. will be judged for our 'spelling' mistakes (or something like that) Which makes think there is a hint that Sersi cast a spell on Exodus ,perhaps to entomb him or make him forget the part that his powers are fuelled by the faith of others in him. We'll have to wait to find out ,but I think there will be some tweaks.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Where's my Emma Frost preview? We jumping the gun here.
    "Cable was right!"

I agree. For some reason modern X-Fans pick and choose their continuity, like Bendis and Aaron (their two favorite former X-Books scribes).

Astonishing Member

I have no idea where people get the idea that Bendis and Aaron are extremely popular with most X-Fans. I definitely wouldn't say that's true on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hickman took Emma with him ;s

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I have no idea where people get the idea that Bendis and Aaron are extremely popular with most X-Fans. I definitely wouldn't say that's true on this board.
    Pretty sure they were being sarcastic.

Astonishing Member

Pretty sure they were being sarcastic.
    No, its something that's come up multiple times before, including by this poster. Just saying, I'm not sure where that impression comes from and why its treated so matter-of-factly as though its self-evident when like I said, I don't think its nearly as much of a given as some people treat it as. That's all. *Shrugs*

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sinister has erased the Emma issue..it is being written according to Sinister's journal

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Hickman took Emma with him ;s
    He has to bring her back. I need WASPy wit in my life, and I don't want to have to call my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Speaking of people Apocalypse has enhanced or activated their powers, does anyone know if it was ever officially said whether Moses Magnum was a mutant whose powers Apocalypse activated, or a human he gave powers to? I've always wondered what category he falls under, but never saw an official claim one way or the other.
    Nobody ever said that he is a mutant, so I guess he isn't. Apocalypse enhanced Hulk and Mr. Sinister, and they didn't become mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    He has to bring her back. I need WASPy wit in my life, and I don't want to have to call my mother.
    Is it you, Steve...?

Oh, wait, Steve's mom was Irish, and she wouldn't have been considered "Anglo" during the early XX century...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-07-2022 at 10:00 AM.