Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    The future flash Destiny had of Exodus, had a Phoenix host sitting on his shoulder. With the relationship they're building between him and hope, maybe wielding the phoenix blade doesn't mean actively wielding the phoenix, but like influencing it's host to work for him
    That's exactly what I was thinking too.

I hope we finally have a demonstration of the stuff a true omega level tk is capable of
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Can't wait for this.

It was such a wasted opportunity that Hickman never showed any direct interaction between Apocalypse and Exodus during their shared time at the council.
    Hickman would be a great writer if he only wrote original characters, but when he writes previously existing characters, they often act weirdly...

issue #7 of immortal is the great betrayer

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well he can move atoms(probably quarks as an omega telekinetic) so being close to the sun must be nothing strange since he can move particles that at quantum level are more or less energy.
    Omg we are finally getting our exodus shine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

Iiiinteresting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Iiiinteresting.
    Where does that image come from?

imma get this, i just don't know if i'm going to comment on it. which happens quite a bit. lol. but me getting it is a good start i guess. im intrigued. i keep wanting to drop this but i can't deny i want to see where it leads with eyes wide open and when it happens. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Where does that image come from?
    That's from Carey's "Supernovas", specifically X-Men #192 I believe.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

For what its worth, I always felt that page in Supernovas was just Carey foreshadowing Mystique's betrayal in Messiah Complex about a year later. Its not necessarily a hanging plot thread, it could be argued that betrayal was already brought to fruition when Mystique sided with the Marauders against the X-Men in order to bring about her own plans to save Rogue. If Mystique hadn't helped the Marauders, theoretically the X-Men would have never been backed into the corner that necessitated Cable fleeing to the future with Hope. But YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

Hell yes. Do they reference this scene specifically? Because, if so, that would be badass. Mike Carey’s run was a modern classic IMO. Loved every second of it.

I need more of that Cable again. I like how Ewing is writing him right now. Competent, knows things… just like in that Carey run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...le_marvel_616/

45BC8088-4633-439F-A36B-61B89182B6C6.jpg
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-03-2022 at 10:15 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did apocalypse give exodus a powerup or awaken his dormant power? is that something canonically that happened or is this something just now seen in this preview?
    Exodus didn't know he had powers until he met Apocalypse, who either forced his powers to awaken (Bennet Du Paris was a late bloomer like Magneto) or gave him the Moses Magnum/Nathaniel Essex/Caliban...etc., treatment, enhancing him...

Afterwards Exodus was just another brainwashed servant of Apocalypse, but the latter made the mistake of ordering him to kill his best friend, the Black Knight, soon after his transformation, and Exodus managed to break free from Apocalypse's mind control (like Archangel did when he thought he had killed Iceman) and turned against Apocalypse, who defeated him and put him in stasis in a tomb until Magneto found him and awakened him.
    Don't you love it when Marvel writers and artists fail to do any kind of bullpen fact-checking before they agree to publish a story or worse develop a contagious case of selective amnesia and pen a story differently than one that was already written?

Bennet du Paris' origin story was written in "Black Knight: Exodus #1" -- Immortal X-Men #5 must be an in-story flashback because in "Black Knight: Exodus #1", Apocalypse only spoke to Paris telepathically and told him to feel the power within himself -- Apocalypse never reveled himself to Paris -- much less physically touch his face...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-04-2022 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Don't you love it when Marvel writers and artists fail to do any kind of bullpen fact-checking before they agree to publish a story or worse develop a contagious case of selective amnesia and pen a story differently than one that was already written?

Bennet du Paris' origin story was written in "Black Knight: Exodus #1" -- Immortal X-Men #5 must be an in-story flashback because in "Black Knight: Exodus #1", Apocalypse only spoke to Paris telepathically and told him to feel the power within himself -- Apocalypse never reveled himself to Paris -- much less physically touch his face...
    Exodus doesn't deserve his story be told in something titled Black Knight anything...no one does
    GrindrStone(D)

Exodus didn't know he had powers until he met Apocalypse, who either forced his powers to awaken (Bennet Du Paris was a late bloomer like Magneto) or gave him the Moses Magnum/Nathaniel Essex/Caliban...etc., treatment, enhancing him...
    I always thought he was a mutant with some or all of his abilities, but Big A enhanced him.

I do wonder though if A did/does have the power to 'make' mutants a century or two before Nathan Essex is born... BUT his Essex enhancement didn't make him a mutant?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Exodus doesn't deserve his story be told in something titled Black Knight anything...no one does
    Snaps for this. I mean, I like Black Knight, but snaps.