Default Zatanna vs Raven

Who would win in a fight?

Probably a coin toss since either can one shot the other. I might give Raven a slight nod as she doesn't need to speak to work her powers.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Probably a coin toss since either can one shot the other. I might give Raven a slight nod as she doesn't need to speak to work her powers.
    Raven curb stomps Zatanna in most fights. And I say this with Zatanna as my favorite DC character.

But unless Zatanna can prepare in advance (and more likely would need to complete ambush), Raven wins every time. her magic is at the speed of thought (about 4 billionths of a second) vs. Zatanna having to not only speak, but speak backwards to do anything useful.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    Raven curb stomps Zatanna in most fights. And I say this with Zatanna as my favorite DC character.

But unless Zatanna can prepare in advance (and more likely would need to complete ambush), Raven wins every time. her magic is at the speed of thought (about 4 billionths of a second) vs. Zatanna having to not only speak, but speak backwards to do anything useful.
    While I agree with your assessment where did you get that arbitrary number from for the speed of thought? Speed of thought is basically how fast a neuron from one part of the brain reaches another part to create an action. And it's nowhere near 4 billionths of a second.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Also, speed of thought is all well and good, but it's reaction time which is normally the limiting factor.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Speed of thought is BS, for normals fast nerve conduction is 100 meters/sec. There are some faster electrical junctions but that physiology isn't part of normal motor systems.

Anyway, I'm going with Titan Titans Go! Raven to squish Zatana with a giant black monster construct.

Technically depending on the versions Zatanna doesn't always need to speak to do her spells. She can do her spells without talking backwards but it helps her focus more. It makes you wonder what is the biggest feat we ever seen Zatanna do? I know we have seen Raven do many things teleporting healing and rebirth.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-02-2022 at 06:49 PM.