Default Vecna vs Freddy with Bonus

As the title says in a neutral zone where both can use their full abilities.

Blood Lust is on.

Bonus: Battle Royale

Vecna

Freddy Krueger

Pinhead

Pennywise

Candyman

Samara Morgan

Annabelle

Bagul

Each has full abilities. In a neutral purgatory zone.

Annabelle and candyman are a little out of place her power Wise.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Isn't Vecna a god these days? Has Freddie ever had to deal with any kind of genuine necromancy bullshit? 'Cause otherwise, I suspect Vecna can just quicken control undead on him (or dominate monster if he doesn't count as undead), and is otherwise pretty well impervious to anything Freddie can do.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Isn't Vecna a god these days?.
    That doesn't really mean anything unless they have the showings to back it up.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That doesn't really mean anything unless they have the showings to back it up.
    Chill, man. It was literally a question. Like you're not exactly qualifying anything in your own post above, so I don't know why you're jumping on me here. The stuff I suggested he might do to win isn't even related to godhood. If I start saying Vecna can delete Freddy from the tapestry of Creation with a snap of his fingers, you can chastise me.

At any rate, godhood gets you a (very clearly stated) pretty substantial grab bag of powers in D&D settings. I'm not super familiar with any of the books Vecna has been in, but he's been involved in multiverse rearranging stuff, so I suspect he's well out of Freddy's paygrade depending on exactly how he's doing these days, which is why I put a question mark beside that comment.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Chill, man. It was literally a question. Like you're not exactly qualifying anything in your own post above, so I don't know why you're jumping on me here. The stuff I suggested he might do to win isn't even related to godhood. If I start saying Vecna can delete Freddy from the tapestry of Creation with a snap of his fingers, you can chastise me.

At any rate, godhood gets you a (very clearly stated) pretty substantial grab bag of powers in D&D settings. I'm not super familiar with any of the books Vecna has been in, but he's been involved in multiverse rearranging stuff, so I suspect he's well out of Freddy's paygrade depending on exactly how he's doing these days, which is why I put a question mark beside that comment.
    I wasn't jumping on you I'm sorry it came out that way.

I'm not super familiar with any of the books Vecna has been in, but he's been involved in multiverse rearranging stuff, so I suspect he's well out of Freddy's paygrade depending on exactly how he's doing these days, which is why I put a question mark beside that comment.
    Vecna's multiverse rearranging feat was due to him standing in the fulcrum of the multiverse at the time, and was done by a version of Vecna that was immediately greatly depowered after the events of that adventure. (Going from a Greater Power to a Lesser Power.)

It's also... maybe not canon, anymore? As far as I'm aware the only mentions of Vecna in 5e are following up his Critical Role version, who only became a god recently.

Don't ask me how retconning the god that was responsible for the shift to 3rd Edition into a newly emerged god in 5th edition is supposed to work.
    Last edited by Siriel; 07-02-2022 at 05:21 AM.

i thought this was vecna from stranger things lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i thought this was vecna from stranger things lol..
    That's probably the intent to be honest, it's just tough to tell when the OP doesn't specify, and D&D Vecna is a lot older so that's what my mind jumped to.

Extraordinary Member

My mind jumped to Stranger Things Vecna because Freddy was clearly an inspiration for him. Right down to having Robert Englund involved in his backstory

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    That's probably the intent to be honest, it's just tough to tell when the OP doesn't specify, and D&D Vecna is a lot older so that's what my mind jumped to.
    My fault, definitely did not specify, this is Stranger Things Vecna. I am aware there is a D&D Vecna, just had a mind toot on it.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Isn't Vecna a god these days?
    He has been since at least 3.5.

Has Freddie ever had to deal with any kind of genuine necromancy bullshit? 'Cause otherwise, I suspect Vecna can just quicken control undead on him (or dominate monster if he doesn't count as undead),
    He's got to get within casting range for those kinds of spells.

and is otherwise pretty well impervious to anything Freddie can do.
    Doesn't Freddy only have reality warping powers in the dream realm? And also, he's only powered up by how much people fear him?

And guess what Undead specifically and Gods generally in D&D are immune to. Sleep and Mind-Altering effects (including fear-based ones)!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

I'm just imagining a frustrated Freddy pacing around in the dream world waiting for Vecna to fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    He has been since at least 3.5.

He's got to get within casting range for those kinds of spells.

Doesn't Freddy only have reality warping powers in the dream realm? And also, he's only powered up by how much people fear him?

And guess what Undead specifically and Gods generally in D&D are immune to. Sleep and Mind-Altering effects (including fear-based ones)!
    No at max power Freddy had powers in the real world at one point he had a total town under control.