Default What Marvel characters would you like to see the following actors voice?

Dan Southworth

Matthew Mercer

Xanthe Huynh

Christine Marie Cabanos

Cristina Vee

Laura Bailey

Deven Mack

Johnny Yong Bosch

Dan Green

Anairis Quinones

Kimberly Brooks
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-02-2022 at 06:19 AM.

I think I only know of four of those - two of them because they were Power Rangers.

It would be a funny in-joke if they had Johnny Yong Bosch voice Frog Man for something. He had a memorable line in the 1995 MMPR movie about being a frog after being told that was his ninja spirit animal, and of course that frog association was in season 3 of the show too.

Similarly, Dan Southworth as Cable? His PR character was the Quantum Ranger from Time Force, a team with a time travel motif.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dan Southworth - Flash Thompson

Matthew Mercer - Cyclops

Xanthe Huynh - Singularity

Christine Marie Cabanos - Red Lotus

Cristina Vee - Anya Corazon

Laura Bailey - Black Cat

Deven Mack - Miles Morales

Johnny Yong Bosch - Peter Parker

Dan Green - Thor

Anairis Quinones - Starling

Kimberly Brooks - Misty Knight

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've never heard of any of these! You must be really knowledgeable. I really don't watch that many cartoons and prefer live action films ever since I was a kid. The only cartoon show I used to like was the Marvel Superhero Squad cartoon or much earlier the somewhat satirical Rocky and Bullwinkle. I think Hans Conreid did a lot of the voice acting back then.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Matthew Mercer - Cyclops

Laura Bailey - Black Cat

Dan Green - Thor

I like your roster, especially since JYB would make an excellent Peter Parker based on some of his previous anime and videogame roles. And Laura Bailey voicing Black Cat, I think that's happened before in one of the more obscure past Marvel videogames.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like your roster, especially since JYB would make an excellent Peter Parker based on some of his previous anime and videogame roles. And Laura Bailey voicing Black Cat, I think that's happened before in one of the more obscure past Marvel videogames.
    I checked her filmography and there is no mention of her voicing Black Cat. She has voiced Black Widow a number of times however, so you're kind of close.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Matthew Mercer - Cyclops

Laura Bailey - Black Cat

Dan Green - Thor

Interesting choice of Southworth voicing Flash. He did a good job with Vergil but do you think he has the range for Flash?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-03-2022 at 03:17 AM.

Have you seen him in live action as Eric in Power Rangers Time Force? He has quite a few similarities with Flash Thompson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have you seen him in live action as Eric in Power Rangers Time Force? He has quite a few similarities with Flash Thompson.
    I've seen Time Force. How is Eric similar to Flash? If there's a character I thought he would be similar to, it would be the more sympathetic takes on Eddie Brock.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I checked her filmography and there is no mention of her voicing Black Cat. She has voiced Black Widow a number of times however, so you're kind of close.

Interesting choice of Southworth voicing Flash. He did a good job with Vergil but do you think he has the range for Flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've seen Time Force. How is Eric similar to Flash? If there's a character I thought he would be similar to, it would be the more sympathetic takes on Eddie Brock.
    Could have sworn Laura Bailey did voice Black Cat once, a long time ago in some obscure Marvel game. Maybe I mixed her up with someone else, though.

As for Dan Southworth voicing either of the most iconic Venoms, I would concur somewhat with Southworth's Eric/Quantum Ranger having more in common with Brock/Venom than Flash/Venom, insofar as both Brock and Eric being darker, more morally ambiguous characters driven (initially) by resentment of and antipathy towards the heroic protagonists they mirror in appearance and abilities. In Eric's case, he thought Wes, the Red Ranger's attempts at friendship were just a "nicer," less overt way of looking down on him for being poor(er) than him and the rest of their high school classmates, while in Brock's case, he actively blamed Spider-Man for ruining his life and career, though Spider-Man's role in his downfall was purely incidental. Of course, in both cases, their paths to becoming genuine heroes lay in ultimately letting go of their resentment and antipathy and realizing they'd (badly) misjudged the objects of their years-long antagonism, so they did have that much in common, along with not necessarily being team players.
    The spider is always on the hunt.