Astonishing Member

Default Hitomi, the badger

Hitomi, the honey badger (ratel) against some peak humanish and above. She is from Killing Bites which I just watched on Amazon.

Tremendous damage soak from being cut, bounded. Reasonably fast. Tough mentally.

vs.

Batman
    Cassandra Cain
    Daredevil
    Wolverine
    Sabertooth

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I read some of the manga before dropping it. Don’t recall any outlandish speed feats. Anyhthing?

Is this Current Cass or original Cass?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Let's say Original. Hitomi doesn't have speedster feats just good reflexes for dodging blows, runs pretty fast but not as fast as a cheetah. I'd say her speeds are about a touch better than our usual peak human.

Guess I need to push myself to skim the manga for feats. Will check it out maybe tomorrow, see what I can find.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, forcing myself to go through the first few chapters shows a couple of things.

1. Speed: She's fast enough that when spines unexpectedly stab out of a porcupine hybrid with enough force to punch through a person's body, she can dodge them. Also fast enough to wait until the last moment to dodge a claw attack then avoid and counter.
    2. Strength: Easily strong enough to pick up a grown man and toss him a few meters
    3. Durability/Soak: this is where Hiromi shines. She has armored fur that basically shrugs off bladed weapons, but that's only in certain parts of her body (mostly on her back). In the rest, she takes massive amounts of punishment and just keeps on going without really having a serious drop in her capabilities. Leo hits all hell out of her, smashing her into cars so that they get crushed, beating her and clawing her, and she just gets right back up, all bloodied and damaged but perfectly functional.
    4. Special stuff: claws and teeth that slice right through big, muscly characters like they're nothing. She's rather sneaky as well, which doesn't help in the arena.
    5. Skill: She eats damage and hits back. She's pretty good at understanding openings and taking advantages of them. Otherwise, nothing hugely special.

Thaaaaat's about as far as I got in the manga before I remembered why I put it down the first time, and did so again. Sorry, but that's as far as I go.

Based on what I have above, I feel her only real chance HTH is against Batman, who will nonetheless be peppering her with all kinds of really nasty, anti-metahuman stuff from the get-go, which should get him the 10-count (I'm sure she's resistant to poisons, but I'm less-sure she's resistant to sonics and being exploded... ). Cass is waaaay too fast (+body reading and skill) and hits hard enough to comic book pressure point Hiromi for a 10-count. Logan has high-tier skill, adamantium claws that should shred Hiromi (especially since her big defense against claws is 'bite them off', not working here), CBPH speed, and a healing factor/adamantium bones. Sabertooth...I don't know enough about that character's current situation to comment. Edit: with Jetpack or not, that is the question....

However, I don't think I've read enough of the manga to get a good sense of the character's capabilities. I'm pretty sure she gets some boosts later in the story, or better feats, because that's how manga tends to work (lots of power creep). I'm happy revising my opinion of people provide better feats.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-04-2022 at 06:32 AM.
    Why are we here?

I think that’s a member here
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

…based on what I’ve seen of the manga, I suspect not. ^_^
    Why are we here?