Fantastic Member

Default Infinite Crisis refresher question

It’s been many years since I owned my DC collection. I’m in the process of rebuying certain stories from pre-New 52. I’m currently reading Face The Face, and can’t for the life of me remember where, Bruce, Tim and Dick were/went for the ‘1 Year Later’ time period. Tim is now wearing his all red suit from the end of his solo. What do I have to reacquire to get this story. I had 52, and that weekly Countdown story by Rucka, Waid and the others. Anyone care to point?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I wasn't there then but when I was tracking down the story I think they never show it since the point is what happens to the world or Gotham when they're not there

Extraordinary Member

I believe it was said that Bruce takes them around the world on the same training he did before he became Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I believe it was said that Bruce takes them around the world on the same training he did before he became Batman.
    Yeah - Bruce, Dick and Tim all leave together to travel the world, then IIRC Dick goes home early partway through the weekly '52' series to join the Batwoman And Montoya plot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yeah - Bruce, Dick and Tim all leave together to travel the world, then IIRC Dick goes home early partway through the weekly '52' series to join the Batwoman And Montoya plot.
    So there’s no story to acquire, just implied and the 52 story? Again, it’s been a lot of years, and my DC collection was gutted in 2017. Thanks for the replies…

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    So there’s no story to acquire, just implied and the 52 story? Again, it’s been a lot of years, and my DC collection was gutted in 2017. Thanks for the replies…
    Yeah only 52, Morrison rebooted Batman while he was going through the Thogal ritual. This where he meditated in a cave for 30 days and Nightwing and Robin spent the time fighting international crime. It was like 1 or 2 issues in 52 and they're contained in Morrison's Batman omnibus

Fantastic Member

Yeah, Morrison was where I bailed on the book, even then. My memory sucks though, so it’s been fun rereading some of this stuff but the question of where they actually went and was it depicted anywhere was nagging me. Thanks again!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

From what I recall there are a few issues of 52 that show Bruce's break with Tim and Dick but that's it. Those essentially lead into Morrison's run since he was one of the writer's of 52.

There's not really a seamless transition from Infinite Crisis, One Year Later, and 52 unfortunately.

If you have more questions about collecting Batman feel free to DM me.