Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Punchline: The Gotham Game Series Coming This Fall

Now Punchline, the Joker's right-hand woman, created by James Tynion IV and Jorge Jiménez is getting a comic book series of her own. Bleeding Cool gets the nod that it will be launching in October or November and called Punchline: The Gotham Game.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...e-gotham-game/

While not official-official yet, I'm assuming this'll be revealed at the end of the Punchline back-up in The Joker's final issue this week.

For some reason with that title I thought it was going to be a Telltale Batman game starring Punchline. Man would that have been random .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For some reason with that title I thought it was going to be a Telltale Batman game starring Punchline. Man would that have been random .
    Gotham Knights would be a better place for her. A Joker legacy works with a more experienced Batman. Telltale Bruce is still too green.

I rather see GhostMaker in Telltale's take.

So far, she's the only Tynion OC that worked for me personally. So her getting another comic is pretty cool.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-03-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post

While not official-official yet, I'm assuming this'll be revealed at the end of the Punchline back-up in The Joker's final issue this week.
    Good for her

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I thought she would pop up in Gotham Knights and got excited. I like her backup and will be looking for to this.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

who will be opposing her in this story

Will Harper again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    who will be opposing her in this story

Will Harper again?
    Probably. Seems like their best way to keep her relevant.

Alexis is a villain protagonist, someone you should love to hate (i.e. you like seeing them, but don't want them to win), so she needs someone opposing her who the readers can root for. So yeah, I'd be surprised if Bluebird doesn't stick around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Alexis is a villain protagonist, someone you should love to hate (i.e. you like seeing them, but don't want them to win), so she needs someone opposing her who the readers can root for. So yeah, I'd be surprised if Bluebird doesn't stick around.
    It’s the easiest way to keep Harper relevant for the Gotham Knights series on CW short of actually just giving her a miniseries titled after her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post

It was indeed. I am wondering if that’s the art style they are going to use in the actual title itself.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really hope that we have a stronger plotline - I liked the backups and the one shot they did, but there's not a strong enough plot for me to really enjoy rereading them.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really hope that we have a stronger plotline - I liked the backups and the one shot they did, but there's not a strong enough plot for me to really enjoy rereading them.
    I'm kind of curious what more you can do with the character (that doesn't come off as contriving to keep them active like is the case with some of the bigger villains).

Bluebird

I'm kind of curious what more you can do with the character (that doesn't come off as contriving to keep them active like is the case with some of the bigger villains).
    Probably focusing on Bluebird stopping Punchline’s “game” and having to navigate through a Gotham that loves Punchline and sees Harper as a bad person.

Yeah, two tropes are in play which mirror each other - Villain With Good Publicity and Hero With Bad Publicity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The one-shot was better in my opinion than the sequel backups, it was more concise. Also a contributing factor was that Punchline never was challenged by anything in her portions (besides Orca and Cullen at the end), she just kinda steamrolled her way through Blackgate and into the Royal Flush Gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Probably focusing on Bluebird stopping Punchline’s “game” and having to navigate through a Gotham that loves Punchline and sees Harper as a bad person.
    Hopefully we'll actually see people who support her (ie Leslie, Lucius, Bullock). I wonder how Nakano reacts to the Innocent verdict considering what happened to him during Joker War.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, two tropes are in play which mirror each other - Villain With Good Publicity and Hero With Bad Publicity.
    It would be good to see a mentor or more experienced member of the Batfamily guide Harper during this time, I'm sure she'd be quite stressed with everything going on.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.