Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Never say never, even with Batman: Urban Legends ending, there's always backups or whatever follows Punchline: The Gotham Game. Personally I'm hoping for a Dan Watters situation where there's a continuous narrative allow multiple series with various focuses on a single character (Batman Urban Legends, Arkham City: The Order of the World, Sword of Azrael).

My concern for The Gotham Game is that Punchline is growing far too quickly, she just got the innocent verdict and she's already going up against Batman and Catwoman? Plus the audience has got to know its only a matter of time before Joker returns to Gotham and starts targeting Alexis.

Off-topic, but as a silver lining, Harper Row fans did get to see a part of a Bluebird commission artist Sweeney Boo posted to social media. I'd post it to the appropriate thread but I think that I was the last to post there and that me posting to it again would break a rule.
    I don’t think the Joker’s return to Gotham is particularly imminent though.

Extraordinary Member

Punchline: The Gotham Game #1 Preview
    Writer: Tini Howard and Blake Howard
    Artist: Gleb Melnikov

Clown Prince of Crime...Clown Princess of Crime...Clown Countess of Crime...who will be the next crime royalty?

The art looks phenomenal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clown Prince of Crime...Clown Princess of Crime...Clown Countess of Crime...who will be the next crime royalty?

The art looks phenomenal.
    Court jester of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Court jester of crime.
    I think that's that Joker sidekick he had before Harley. I can't think of his name .

Incredible Member

Good first issue. Though maybe it’s just me but Punchline looked a bit odd in some of the art, off model for want of a better term. One thing that this issues makes clear is she’s far worse than Harley ever was.

spoilers:
    Surprised they introduced Bruce this early in proceedings. Looks like Batman will be involved in this which though logic I wasn’t expecting.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Top Hat; 10-25-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Court jester of crime.

One day

I think that's that Joker sidekick he had before Harley. I can't think of his name .
    Are you thinking of Prank from the Batman (2004)? He's one of Barbara's classmates that was a Joker fan.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-27-2022 at 07:59 AM.

I didn't like the first issue. We'll see!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Are you thinking of Prank from the Batman (2004)? He's one of Barbara's classmates that was a Joker fan.
    Believe he's talking about Gaggy / Gagsworth A. Gagsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Believe he's talking about Gaggy / Gagsworth A. Gagsworthy.
    Yeah, that's him! Thank you .

Extraordinary Member

I enjoyed this and am glad I picked it up. The concept of the Punchline character was interesting but something about Tynion's writing never sold the character to me. This book actually managed to convince me to want to know more about her and it feels a little different than most other Gotham books. I wish the Harley books would have been written more like this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I enjoyed this and am glad I picked it up. The concept of the Punchline character was interesting but something about Tynion's writing never sold the character to me. This book actually managed to convince me to want to know more about her and it feels a little different than most other Gotham books. I wish the Harley books would have been written more like this.
    Why they aren’t really that much alike as characters. Punchline is fundamentally an evil person, I really don’t think Harley is. She’s always been more grey.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Why they aren’t really that much alike as characters. Punchline is fundamentally an evil person, I really don’t think Harley is. She’s always been more grey.
    I don't think really Harley became 'grey' until a little bit into her New 52 run. They tried to make her sympathetic at first and then that turned into trying to redeem her, but that is not what I meant. Most of the Harley books have just lacked any sense of contributing to the DCU and Harley as a shared character. Even though the concept of her being 'not bad' may have started there, her appearances in any other book basically act like her solos don't exist (even her new volume with the Fear State tie-ins felt unattached). This book feels like a main DCU story and I always wanted more of that in a Harley book.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I really liked it Punchline's a horrible person but Howard's writing + Gleb's art made her fun to read and likeable.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?